Ostrich caught at mall after escaping farm and running loose on Chonburi roads

snoop1130

Lots of ostrich farms in different countries these days. As GBW mentioned, eggs, meat and feathers.

If I recall, there are a couple (or more than a couple) of "wild game" restaurants around that serve "exotic" meats. Maybe including ostrich ? 
Which I'm sure probably "tastes like chicken" (depending on what it's fed of course).

Gahk - chicken shi* is bad enough. Don't want to imagine what working on a "ostrich farm" would be like when the shi* is 20 times the size of a chicken's !

• Like 1

They are vicious creatures. A few farmers have been killed by them over the  years in both the USA and Australia. They are quite aggressive and their claws are like razor talons. Once when visiting the Kuala Lumpur bird park I saw an outer gate (with an ostrich kept in cage within the outer fence) left open and some food left nearby. I idioticallly assumed it was some kind of station where visitors could feed the beast. I grabbed a handful of greens and as I approached the  inner cage the bird lunged at the cage with full force squawking like the devil. I ran fast enough to qualify for the next Olympics. 

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, smedly said:

why are farms in Thailand keeping ostrches - genuine question

what is the farming value

ok so I have read it is similar to prime beef and less fat, is it being used in Thailand or maybe for export 

Have you seen the size of the omelettes?  ????

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, phetphet said:

Have you seen the size of the omelettes?  ????

Yes, has to be an omelet, I managed to use a large coffee beaker and a baguette for a soft boiled one, but difficult to get the timing right!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, tonray said:

I grabbed a handful of greens and as I approached the  inner cage the bird lunged at the cage with full force squawking like the devil. I ran fast enough to qualify for the next Olympics. 

I can imagine. Those things get big enough to ride on ! And super fast. Fastest land animal on 2 legs according to Wiki (and Jumanji). Sprint at speeds of 45 mph (72 km/h) with bursts up to 60 mph (96.6 km/h).

Is there an "Sh1tting your pants while screaming like a little girl" sprinting event in the Olympics now ? (Used to get a hoot out of seeing grown adults, including soldiers, literally scream like a child in Afghanistan when a camel spider would come out from somewhere and run toward them. Normally the spider is just looking for a shady place and wants to be in your shadow, but it sure looks like it wants to make a meal out of you.)

Stick people in boxes at the starting line (like they do in horse and dog races) after they've eaten a big meal, then surprise them with angry ostriches or camel spiders or something and watch them run (and **** themselves) !

Would probably be one of the most entertaining events in Olympic history !

• Like 2

17 hours ago, smedly said:

why are farms in Thailand keeping ostrches - genuine question

what is the farming value

ok so I have read it is similar to prime beef and less fat, is it being used in Thailand or maybe for export 

Many Thai people like bury the head in the sand.

• Haha 1

I have never eaten Ostrich meat ( knowingly ), but have eaten the Meat of the Rea Bird.

This is a large Bird only a Tad smaller than the ostrich, and the meat was divine off the Thigh.

I couldnt eat all the meat on the Thigh, and the bone was as big as a baseball Bat.

2 hours ago, Cake Monster said:

I have never eaten Ostrich meat ( knowingly ), but have eaten the Meat of the Rea Bird.

This is a large Bird only a Tad smaller than the ostrich, and the meat was divine off the Thigh.

I couldnt eat all the meat on the Thigh, and the bone was as big as a baseball Bat.

After which it would be gone...a....rhea?