China says criticisms of vaccine hurt its goodwill

webfact

1 minute ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

Ironically, losing one's sense of smell is one the many symptoms of COVID-19 !

Ahhhhh That's why my "allegation" didn't pass that other members "smell test", he must have Covid-19!!! My heart felt apologies go out to him and I hope he feels better soon ????

• Haha 1

I haven't taken a lot of notice-- I thought SINOPHARM was a another Chinese Vax -but it isn't. You would think they would give it a brand it a name not like the Sinovac one which doesn't have a great rep..

But what is the feed back on Sinopharm--if any

• Like 1

4 hours ago, webfact said:

The continuing questioning of the efficacy of the Chinese-made Sinovac Covid-19 vaccine has drawn the ire of China whose Embassy in Bangkok said it hurts China’s goodwill to help Thailand’s fight against the pandemic, triggering a heated debate on the social media

China has a skin as thick as a Rhino's, this hasn't hurt anything.

3 hours ago, tomacht8 said:

China's "goodwill" sounds like the vaccines are gifts. Rather the opposite. Thailand paid significantly higher prices per dose for the vaccines than other countries.

That's another whole story in-itself.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, carlyai said:

'Where did you think defecating in the streets and eating things not made for human consumption was going to get them?'

Don't know how long you lived in China but I lived in a rural area for a year and never saw any of that.

You must have been unlucky, I went for 2 weeks and saw both

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, placeholder said:

It's true that the vaccine peformed very well against the earlier variants. But so far no large scale real world studies have been completed on how well it performs against the delta variant. And the fact is that China has never released all the final data on its Phase 3 trial and waited until May 27, 2021 to release even preliminary data. As long as China won't commit to transparency - and that seems unlikely give the nature of the regime - it's going to continue to encounter this kind of problem.

And it certainly isn't helping its case by the implied threat behind the statement that criticisms of the vaccines are hurting its goodwill. 

There was and article in the BKK post about two weeks ago quoting a study done in China by the China goverment quoting one of their scientests that the China vaccine was only 13% effective against the Delta varient. Did not see this quoted in the article about China feelings are hurt. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, placeholder said:

Doesn't that observation apply to every country? And keep in mind that in the case of Sinovac its vaccine was produced by a company that's located in China but it's not the Chinese govt.

If you think Sinovac is not effectively a state-owned company, you may not know much about how China works? 

CCP China has no “goodwill”, only cold brutal, political / economic / land grabbing / terror- based / people- subjugating POWER objectives.

Proof: Universally Hated & Despised by ALL including their own cowed population……no allies / no friends, etc…..Better CCP just shuts up and stops further embarassing themselves as nobody believes a single word from them…… not even them !

1 hour ago, sanuk711 said:

I haven't taken a lot of notice-- I thought SINOPHARM was a another Chinese Vax -but it isn't. You would think they would give it a brand it a name not like the Sinovac one which doesn't have a great rep..

But what is the feed back on Sinopharm--if any

My advise is don't rely on this thread to get you the fact on Sinopharm as it is a China's vaccine. 

1 hour ago, carlyai said:

'Where did you think defecating in the streets and eating things not made for human consumption was going to get them?'

Don't know how long you lived in China but I lived in a rural area for a year and never saw any of that.

I did , lived in a tier 3 city for 5 years.  Children pee and <deleted> on the floor right next to the tables in restaurants and they leave it for the workers to clean.  Most of the food was the worst i have ever eaten. Even in the markets the vegetables were awful , grown in polluted soil, air and water ,  yummm.

4 hours ago, mokwit said:

Someone examined the patents filed by Huwei (maybe not all of them as they are so numerous). They were just BS.

Huawei patents are licensed by global companies all over the world; earning them over a billion USD. Their patents and research is the biggest contributor to setting 5G standards. All BS to your prejudice mind. 

37 minutes ago, thaitom said:

I did , lived in a tier 3 city for 5 years.  Children pee and <deleted> on the floor right next to the tables in restaurants and they leave it for the workers to clean.  Most of the food was the worst i have ever eaten. Even in the markets the vegetables were awful , grown in polluted soil, air and water ,  yummm.

Yet you live there for 5 full years. Was that in the 80s. 

• Haha 1

. . . from the country that gave us COVID-19. WTH! 

Oh yea, wait Thailand needs the $$$ tourism, TAT will provide discounts to all the soon to come Chinese tourists and new Chinese condo owners ... be sure not to bite the hand that feeds you !

Muppets 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, webfact said:

It also pointed out that studies by public health agencies in Chile and Indonesia showed that Sinovac was 86 per cent and 95 per cent effective respectively in dealing with mutated variants of the virus, “which proves it’s not low-quality vaccine as alleged.”

"Studies" by Chile and Indonesia health agencies...... which proves nothing and as Thailand are brown nosed people 555

• Like 1

Since no one is going to tell you I will!   Good Will what f good will, first you started this whole mess and yet your are selling it to other countries as for Thai you have done very little while other countries have stepped in and help with their outbreak yet when you donated only gave enough vaccine to your own citizen here in Thailand 100,000 doses of junk!  Recently to not look bad finally donated 50 million baht, that is chicken feed based on your economy and size should have done much more this is just an example prior to the pandemic every time there is a problem in the world earthquake etc.. the donation doesn't even register it is a real insult to everyone including your own country who want to lead the world. What a <deleted> joke!  As far as I'm concern the next time the CCP gathers a fully loaded equipped drone needs to be deployed. ????????

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Eric Loh said:

Huawei patents are licensed by global companies all over the world; earning them over a billion USD. Their patents and research is the biggest contributor to setting 5G standards. All BS to your prejudice mind. 

I'll give you that they own some valid 5G patents, but when you make money selling copies of other companies products without having done the R&D you have greater resources for research. Huawei's first product was an EXACT copy of an Ericsson telecoms switch after the Chinese made it a condition of supplying mobile networks in China that all equipment was manufactured in China. They went on to sell this switch in competition with the developer, Ericsson. Huawei are low IP thieves. I reiterate that most of the patents they have filed have been garbage.