Hua Hin: Army students got infected with Covid after being given Sinopharm at Hua Hin Hospital

webfact

5pm.jpg

Picture: Sanook

A major new cluster of Covid-19 infection has been found at an army training school in Nong Kae, Hua Hin. 

A total of 34 students have been infected so far and a gym is being used to isolate those at risk with hundreds under observation.

The first case emerged last week after a group of students were taken to Hua Hin Hospital to get Sinopharm jabs.

The next day 33 cases emerged. 

Sanook reported that the recruits were being given a solution of povidone-iodine (also known as iodopovidone an antiseptic used for skin infections) sprayed in their mouth and noses.

This has been used among the prison populations infected with Covid-19. 

In wider news about infections Suriya Khuharat of the Prachuap Khiri Khan health authority reported 100 new cases of Covid in the province bringing the total to 8,577 of which 1,690 are undergoing treatment. 59 are in a serious condition. 

There are 719 beds remaining in the province.

asean_now_BB.jpg
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 4

Sanook reported that the recruits were being given a solution of povidone-iodine (also known as iodopovidone an antiseptic used for skin infections) sprayed in their mouth and noses.

Please tell me they didn't take notice of Trump.

It’s been exactly one year since Trump suggested injecting bleach. We’ve never been the same.

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/04/23/trump-bleach-one-year-484399

• Haha 2

One things for sure the OP title makes it sound like the army students are a cluster, but are they not a group of students instead of a cluster of students. I mean ......is that like a gaggle of geese or a ......group of super spreaders....

6 hours ago, webfact said:

reported that the recruits were being given a solution of povidone-iodine (also known as iodopovidone an antiseptic used for skin infections) sprayed in their mouth and noses.

This has been used among the prison populations infected with Covid-19. 

Seriously !!!!!!!!!

And look how well its working in the Prisons, with Infections again on the rise Daily.

Edited by Cake Monster

5 hours ago, grandpa said:

The headline, as is often the case, is extremely misleading. The fact that they had a Sinopharm vaccination the day before they were diagnosed as Covid positive is irrelevant.  

What's the point of testing 1 day after the vaccination? We're they expecting immunity after a day?

Surely they should have been tested prior to the vaccination, then they would have been isolated to protect others, who have probably now got the virus from the vaccination centre.S

There is no substitute for incompetence.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

Not for covid and the WHO vaccination plan priority guidelines, also never heard about a pandemic in 2014 with a huge shortage of vaccines for the elderly and those with underlying diseases either.

Hes joking. 

14 hours ago, RafPinto said:

What happened with "the thai university hub" of mouthwash?

Very quiet about this pandemic beating invention.

I was expecting that all amulet sellers who now sell mouthwash to protect.

I buy my mouthwash from the local mom & pop shop.   hic