Bangkok's governor warns restaurants that sell alcohol will be shut down

webfact

2 hours ago, hotchilli said:

I thinks it's more of not allowing a bar to sell a bag of crisps as a meal and sell alcohol.

I have no issue with a bonifide restaurant selling a drink, as long as you have a full meal on the table.

When the meal is finished so is your drink.

Every restaurant would abide by that.

I think every few people would have a problem with it its just that enforcing it is hard. 

4 hours ago, Geoffggi said:

This is such a stupid rule and I for one hope Thailand pay the price in full for continuing to implement it. All prospective tourists should be made well aware of this ban among all the other ridiculous hoops & hidden costs they will have to endure so they can choose where they would really like to go to ENJOY their hard earned holiday 

Friend of mine was in the Phuket sand box had no problems with the rules were enough people having fun and restaurants were open. I think its more of a problem for those that come for the night life and the girls then regular holiday goers. My parents like to drink with their meal but would not find it a reason not to go. The quarantine and stuff and extra cost that is more of a reason. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

On 9/8/2021 at 1:37 PM, Geoffggi said:

This is such a stupid rule and I for one hope Thailand pay the price in full for continuing to implement it. All prospective tourists should be made well aware of this ban 

The restrictions affect current tourists, not prospective tourists.  The prospect is that in the near future alcohol will be back on the menus so not affecting prospective visitors.

On 9/8/2021 at 6:05 PM, alex8912 said:
On 9/8/2021 at 3:46 PM, it is what it is said:

from a thai perspective the hoops are not ridiculous but necesssary, it's clear they are, as many other coutries did and do, protecting their health service. the governmrnt knows the health service would be incapable of dealing with a large number of covid patients as there have been in other countries.

people can go on holiday, it's not for me but many of my friend's and their families have recently been on holiday, just not to thailand

thailand needs to sort out their vaccination programme, simple as that. they could also invest in improving health care but i doubt that's a priority...

Expand  

What does your comment have to do with having a beer with a meal??

He was responding to a comment!    "All prospective tourists should be made well aware of this ban among all the other ridiculous hoops & hidden costs they will have to endure" 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...