Five star hotel in Hua Hin faces having SHA+ certificate revoked after discovery of COVID-19 cluster

snoop1130

14167204464266-696x522.jpeg

Dr. Suriya Kuharat. File photo

A five star hotel in Hua Hin will have its SHA+ certificate revoked if negligence was found to have played a role in the discovery of a COVID-19 outbreak amongst staff, health officials have warned.

The SHA and SHA Plus certification was created by the Tourism Authority of Thailand to help ensure COVID-19 preventative measures and help build confidence amongst Thai and foreign tourists who visit tourism related businesses such as hotels, restaurants and attractions.

The main condition businesses are required to meet in order to qualify for the SHA and SHA Plus certification is that 70% of a venue’s employees must have received a COVID-19 vaccination.

Full Story: https://www.huahintoday.com/hua-hin-news/five-star-hotel-in-hua-hin-faces-having-sha-certificate-revoked-after-discovery-of-covid-19-cluster/

huahintoday-logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Hua Hin Today 2021-09-09

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, AJ Judd NWG said:

My man on the ground claims Centara. If this is true is a shame as it’s a great hotel.

That's not what it says on the comment on the article....how many 5 star hotels are there in Hua Hin?

I nearly needed an emergency hotel check in myself yesterday due to a power cut but it ended after about 5 or 6 hours so I didn't bother in the end, came close though....

25 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

"A vaccine".... singular ?

what not the full double jab ?

and only 70% - what could go wrong 

meanwhile all customers wanting to stay or dine must be fully vaccinated 

All staff in all open venues should be fully vaccinated period 

How often are staff tested even, bet it's not as much or often as foreign tourists - just why is that - foreign tourists run the risk of being banged up if testing positive .............................. lunacy 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The main condition businesses are required to meet in order to qualify for the SHA and SHA Plus certification is that 70% of a venue’s employees must have received a COVID-19 vaccination.

As apposed to 100% of tourists.

19 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

How does the "brown envelope" joke work in this instance ?

I cannot work out where the joke is 

similar to thai bars that stay open later than others, they pay the cops....hence the hotel didnt pay the cops so they get shut down by "suggested reason"

but then again my comment may hurt the reputation of thai cops and this site......but im sure Im alone on my exps in LOS

2 minutes ago, Sticky Rice Balls said:

similar to thai bars that stay open later than others, they pay the cops....hence the hotel didnt pay the cops so they get shut down by "suggested reason"

but then again my comment may hurt the reputation of thai cops and this site......but im sure Im alone on my exps in LOS

From observation, the days of bars paying bribes to stay open late are long gone .

• Confused 1

Just now, Sticky Rice Balls said:

I'll invite you for a night out, when Im able to re-enter the LOS....hide your wallet in your sock prior......hope u like sangsom

There are some places that still stay open late , but they stay open without the Polices knowledge and you would risk getting arrested and being in the news if you risk it 

• Sad 1

Just now, Mac Mickmanus said:

There are some places that still stay open late , but they stay open without the Polices knowledge and you would risk getting arrested and being in the news if you risk it 

I can only hope to be a blurred face, as opposed to obligatory pointing, or did they cease that also?

14 minutes ago, Henryford said:

Is 70% any use at all? you are at risk from the other 30%.  In fact you are at risk from 100% as even vaccinated people can transmit the virus.

You're assuming that truth and logic have anything to do with authoritarian decisions made regarding Sars-cov-2.