Two pet dogs reportedly poisoned in Pattaya, police searching for suspects

Jonathan Fairfield

S__33562641.jpeg

Two pet dogs have died after being poisoned according to local residents in Banglamung, part of the Pattaya area.

Pattaya News reporters were notified by local residents yesterday afternoon about the incident (September 10th).

The two dogs in question were found dead in front of a house in Soi Khao Talo, Nongprue, and are a black male golden labrador aged around 8 months and a female pit bull aged around 5 months.

Full story: https://thepattayanews.com/2021/09/11/two-pet-dogs-reportedly-poisoned-in-pattaya-police-searching-for-suspects/

PattayaNews.jpg

• Sad 2
  • Haha 1

The area has also been hit by motorbike thieves lately and some residents speculated that potential thieves were also killing the dogs to stop them from barking and alerting owners

That is a valid concern.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, ezzra said:

Poisoning any animal is cruel and unnecessary, the owners of the dogs should have been contacted by the relevant authorities to try and contain the movements of dangerous dogs for the benefits and safety of the community...

Really, what about slaughtering millions of animals so that humans can eat them, when it's not necessary, is that not cruel as well?

Edited by clivebaxter
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, WEBBYB808 said:

They could have eaten anything if unsupervised.   Grapes, onions, raisins avocado,  and many other things are poisonous  to dogs, and I don't see Thais feeding them real dog food.  Mostly  scraps from the table which often contains things that are deadly  for dogs.  Perhaps it could have been owners if they dont know which foods are deadly to canines 

Maybe click the link and read the 4th paragraph.

5 hours ago, ezzra said:

Poisoning any animal is cruel and unnecessary, the owners of the dogs should have been contacted by the relevant authorities to try and contain the movements of dangerous dogs for the benefits and safety of the community...

39 minutes ago, Harveyboy said:

sorry but do you know about the dogs in thailand and the owners ...talk to them about the dogs ..complain .. probably got a good chance of getting a punch ..dogs have more rights than we do  

Not when they give me grief.

• Like 1

I definitely don't condone poisoning unruly dogs.

But I also don't condone people having aggressive dogs or dogs that never stop barking day and night.

If you want that move to some isolated area and stop making everyone elses life miserable that lives near you. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have a suggestion, contact the village headman and advise him due to continued rat infestation you will be putting rat poison outside your property and ask him to advise  the troublesome owners to best keep dogs inside for the foreseeable future.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, clivebaxter said:

Really, what about slaughtering millions of animals so that humans can eat them, when it's not necessary, is that not cruel as well?

Did you ever see how a poisoned dog suffers ?

Soon after I arrived here in Thailand ( 6 yrs ago ) , they poisoned my old friend Floyd ( 10 year old already and very friendly )  just to teach the ' farang ' a lesson .

He suffered for 45 minutes in my arms before he finally died . All around me were thais staring at my dying dog and me while some were smiling . I will never forget this . ( Time for revenge will come one day ...) 

Dogs , they do not do things like this .