Major fire causes serious damage to Walking Street nightclub in Pattaya

webfact

Nice to see that not just UK presenters who can't pronounce Thai place names, but Yanks (maybe Canadian?) follow their lead.

"There were no injuries reported from the furious blaze although a significant reason why is due to a current curfew from 9:00 P.M. to 4:00 A.M. due to Covid-19 related precautions in Chonburi. Additionally, nightclubs and entertainment have been closed for over five months in Pattaya by mandate to “prevent the spread of Covid-19. "

So curfew had nothing to do with no customers being in the club. Or did I miss something?

Joking aside this is where building codes come into play.

Back in the west a sprinkler system would be mandatory for a place like that.

Sometimes it seems Thailand is catching up with developed countries but in other areas you suddenly realise no, its not.

6 hours ago, cracker1 said:

As there is no permanent construction permitted on Thai beaches it is to be hoped that this place will not be rebuilt. It would also be a good time to clear away all those other buildings on the beach side of Walking St and open the space up for the public, as the law requires.

Are you sure about that? I stayed in many places that were only a step away from the sand, and I know of some actually built on the sand.

Given many resorts are encroached below high tide, some are occupying space that would have been below the high tide level. There is one such resort in full view on Pattaya beach.

In LOS there is the law, and there is reality.

What exactly would you like to see in place of those illegal buildings ( for well over 30 years now )? Another collapsing promenade perhaps?

Edited by thaibeachlovers

7 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Are you sure about that? I stayed in many places that were only a step away from the sand, and I know of some actually built on the sand.

Given many resorts are encroached below high tide, some are occupying space that would have been below the high tide level. There is one such resort in full view on Pattaya beach.

In LOS there is the law, and there is reality.

What exactly would you like to see in place of those illegal buildings ( for well over 30 years now )? Another collapsing promenade perhaps?

Mr Egg was saying in a video a couple weeks ago that only 1 or 2 of those businesses on beach side of Walking st had legal issues, the story is a myth, doesn't stop it getting repeated though

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Moonlover said:

The number of people who have died in nightclub fires over the years suggests that there is a flaw in your logic.

Are you focusing worldwide or just in Thailand? The last big deadly nightclub blaze in Thailand was in 2009. Fires aren't burning them down with people inside too often.

We can only test you logic by knowing how many small fires in nightclubs were exthinguished before they become deadly blazes. I would hazzard a guess that many more are extinuished than become deadly blazes. There might be 1000's more fires successfully extinuished than became lethal blazes.

Edited by JensenZ

On 9/13/2021 at 2:26 PM, Toby1947 said:

Before I even read the article, my thoughts turned to a definite Indian stock take as they’re affectionately called in the U.K. the insurance companies are not stupid and very rarely pay out.

Funny I was just thinking there'll be a few insurance people shaking their heads and saying "it's not your lucky day is it."