Thai and US officials to meet in Washington DC to resolve delay over Pfizer vaccine being donated to Thailand

webfact

32 minutes ago, CrunchWrapSupreme said:

There's "juice" in the Chinese deal. When orders are placed, someone can skim from them, someone can get kickbacks. An integral part of this culture.

With a straight donation there are none of such things. It's really a foreign concept to them. "What do you mean, you want to give us this stuff? For the benefit of my people? But...what's in it for me?"

I'd imagine also the delay in donated vaccine will cause the quicker use of the China/Russia vaccine. Thai's seem hesitant to get the China/Russia stuff, it would seem.

It’s the US senators fault.  She should know to give a little extra on the side for some high ranking official and his friends who have to distribute this free vaccine.  Whos getting paid?  It’s hard to do all that work and get no compensation.  

1 hour ago, StevieAus said:

I have formed the opinion having lived in Thailand for many years, that not responding taking action immediately etc must be a cultural issue with Thai people compared with what occurs in most Western countries.

I have experienced it with my wife and her family who are all degree educated so it’s not lack of intelligence.

They seem indecisive and

“ we will do it tomorrow”

I have ordered items for an old friend in the UK and they are received within one day here it’s a week.

So it seems to me it’s a Thai thing, it’s not going to change and as they say in the UK 

“ Like it or lump it”

My brother-in-law, who is a M.D., spent over ten years as a researcher in the U.S..  He is very meticulous and prompt.  Now I wonder where he picked that up from?

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, klauskunkel said:

Wow, he checked with all 25,000,000 Thai officials. Line app is great!

True. People under pressure (yes, including Thais) often say something they think is believable, without realizing (in this case) it's inherent impossibility.

• Like 1

Meanwhile 100+ people are dying from Covid each day in Thailand .Someone’s head needs to be on the chopping block over the delay due to the lack of paperwork that would have ensured that the 1 million donation of vaccines from the US would of been administered into those who are in desperate need for it . The blame for incompetence has to come from the top and we all know who that is 

8 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

OK so a MILLION IMPORTANT vaccines and they are mucking about and blaming each other for paperwork,  Geez what's wrong with these people, Get on the phone, and stand by the email or fax machine. Even a video call. Absolute shambles of a government.

Don't you mean Governments,as in both!

So it was promised and the US had send documentation. The Thais were just incompetent and Anutin was lying. I mean lets be honest who has more credibility the US or Thailand. The US has nothing to win by making Thailand look bad. Thailand has everything to win by not looking even worse in front of their civilians. It shows more incompetence.

I don't always believe the US as they are not super trustworthy (think fake chemical weapon reports that caused invasion of Irak). But that is only in cases when they believe they can get some economic or military advantage. There is no such incentive in dealing with Thailand. If anything this embarrasses the Thai government who don't like it. So bad for business.

Edited by robblok
  • Like 2

Thanks for another donation USA! 

That said I don’t understand why Thailand needs to be donated anything?

They clearly have enough money for military equipment, useless submarines and high-speed railways etc… And TAT is always claiming trillions of tourists returning, which will create “Fillions” in new revenue. Not to mention all the “hubs” that will lead to huge money making and happiness beyond anyone’s dreams.

Let them pay for it themselves! Clearly they don’t need help from any “Farang” countries.

Edited by khunpa
  • Thanks 2

18 hours ago, IAMHERE said:

I'd imagine also the delay in donated vaccine will cause the quicker use of the China/Russia vaccine. Thai's seem hesitant to get the China/Russia stuff, it would seem.

Right. They compare 50% effectiveness with 97% and want to wait for the Western vaccines. Must not anger the Chinese friends.

Edited by JCP108
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, Sydebolle said:

Well, you cannot make money on donated jabs, can you? 

You certainly can!  And in 4 easy steps!

1. Make the paperwork disappear so there are no records;

2. Pick-up vaccines from unsuspecting Americans; 

3. Sell 1,000,000 doses of top-end mRNA vaccines; and 

4. Keep all the money!

Something happened between steps 1 & 2 because, let's face it, they're incompetent.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/27/2021 at 8:39 AM, Hawaiian said:

My brother-in-law, who is a M.D., spent over ten years as a researcher in the U.S..  He is very meticulous and prompt.  Now I wonder where he picked that up from?

I have formed the same conclusion that geography and location have an influence. Since we moved to Thailand ten years ago my Thai wife is slowly moving back to “type” as it were.

• Like 1