The new view from the Terminal 21 food court.....

redwood1

11 minutes ago, redwood1 said:

Well your right the view was not spectacular before, but at least you did not feel like you dinning in a prison mess hall......I and I am sure plenty of other people will be giving the food court a pass or at least not going as often because of this  new parking garage...

I agree.  It was nice to have the views out the windows--my partner and I always tried to snag a window table.  Now the ugly parking garage will be blocking them.  Pity the ugly eyesore fronts so prominently on North Pattaya Road and wasn't tucked away on the side street. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, champers said:

Not enough parking, people complain so build a new car park. Build a new car park and people complain. There is no pleasing some folk.

Do you think this will resolve the problem? It certainly is a monstrosity, and I must go take  look... but the construction makes me find alternative routes, and likely, when it is open, the bedlam of getting in and out during events will be a similar deterrent.  In a City, where the excess of cars causes great congestion, building a place for more of them, so far into the centre, isn't going to help. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, champers said:

Not enough parking, people complain so build a new car park. Build a new car park and people complain. There is no pleasing some folk.

Not enough parking? Really ?  Build  that monstrosity for some Thais  for maybe a few hours on weekends, if that ?  Just another bs parking lot kickback along with the lam pho seafood market in Naklua, the Bali hi, the North end parking lot with out cars in Jomtien.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, LarrySR said:

Just a few years ago, the dimwits decided to rip out the beach habitat and added a new lane! Idiots. Their "improvements" look like hell.

Although I was very much not of the opinion this was to ease traffic.... there was nowhere for it to go until the bottleneck at the entrance to Walking St. It was to facilitate markets and events....

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Although I was very much not of the opinion this was to ease traffic.... there was nowhere for it to go until the bottleneck at the entrance to Walking St. It was to facilitate markets and events....

I  paid close attention to the traffic flows on beach road when I heard about the 2013 remodel disaster in the making in 2012....

I saw that about 21-22 hours a day traffic WAS NOT backed up on beach road when it was 2 lanes........Traffic only backed up for a few hours in the evening....

• Like 1

3 hours ago, rwill said:

Should have put it underground.  Should be no problem.

Considering that one of the most regular places for flooding in BKK is Asoke I really think that underground would have been an unmitigated disaster. 

As to people sitting eating the idea that food courts have is not for you to spend a lot of ti9me it is to eat and get the hell out of there and shop.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, kingstonkid said:

Considering that one of the most regular places for flooding in BKK is Asoke I really think that underground would have been an unmitigated disaster. 

As to people sitting eating the idea that food courts have is not for you to spend a lot of ti9me it is to eat and get the hell out of there and shop.

We are discussing T21 Pattaya NOT Bangkok.....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/29/2021 at 7:24 PM, redwood1 said:

Well your right the view was not spectacular before, but at least you did not feel like you dinning in a prison mess hall......I and I am sure plenty of other people will be giving the food court a pass or at least not going as often because of this  new parking garage...

Sure to take their 40 baht custom elsewhere.

• Haha 1