Father and 7-year-old son die, while mother and daughter seriously injured after two-truck collision in Ban Bueng

webfact

screenshot_15322.jpg

PHOTO: Kom Khao Tua Thai

By Goong Nang(GN)

Ban Bueng – A father and his 7-year-old son died while a mother and a daughter have sustained serious injuries after a two-truck collision in Ban Bueng over the past weekend.

The Ban Bueng Police were notified of the accident over the past weekend on Number 344 Road Ban Bueng – Chonburi in the Nong Sam Sark sub-district.

Emergency responders and police arrived at the scene to find the two vehicles had collided violently with each other head-on.

Two people were found dead inside the smaller pickup truck which was the driver, Mr. Channarong Yindeesuk, 44, and his 7-year-old son.

Two others in the smaller pickup truck suffered serious injuries who were Ms. Ratchadaphon Boonsri, 39, and Ms. Chutikan Yindeesuk, 16, who were the driver’s wife and daughter. They were rushed to a local hospital for urgent medical assistance.

Full story: https://thepattayanews.com/2021/10/04/father-and-7-year-old-son-die-while-mother-and-daughter-seriously-injured-after-two-truck-collision-in-ban-bueng/

PattayaNews.jpg

• Sad 4

Quote:

“I tried to avoid the collision with the vehicle ahead of me by swerving into the opposite lane but didn’t see the pickup truck incoming, causing us to collide head-on.

Should have braked and slid into the back of the truck in front.

No mention of the vehicle that was supposedly making a u turn.  How many hours had the truck driver been on the road?  Many trucks speed well beyond what would be reasonable for their size and existing conditions.  Was a 'little sleep' a possibility causing the truck to drift into the wrong lane?  So many unanswered questions here.  RIP the pickup driver and son.

Saw some pictures of this accident earlier, it all appears to be on dirt roads/roads under construction, what sort of speeds were they doing to make that much damage, the CCTV would be very interesting if available.

5 hours ago, choff56 said:

I just wonder wonder where the 7 year old son was sitting, probably in the front passenger seat.

Most likely. Though sitting in the driver's lap is also not uncommon in this country.

RIP both, especially the innocent child

13 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Yes, thinking the same at the Suk/Klang lights earlier... many not using helmets. 

Pre-Covid, I went to Vietnam & Laos where I reckon 100% of bikers wore helmets.  Why is it so difficult for RTP?  It  is not like it's hard to spot.

2 minutes ago, mikebell said:

Pre-Covid, I went to Vietnam & Laos where I reckon 100% of bikers wore helmets.  Why is it so difficult for RTP?  It  is not like it's hard to spot.

They do not regard it as a law and those that do not obey must be punished.... it is an opportunity to stop foreigners/ tourists and extort money from them. It is also only apparently enforced inside the city. As I arrived there the lights were about to change and I was pulling up and nearly got rear-ended too..... he of course went all the way through. 

8 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

They do not regard it as a law and those that do not obey must be punished.... it is an opportunity to stop foreigners/ tourists and extort money from them. It is also only apparently enforced inside the city. As I arrived there the lights were about to change and I was pulling up and nearly got rear-ended too..... he of course went all the way through. 

Dogs and Pattaya police are my favourite hobby horses.  Not sure which I rank lower.

On 10/4/2021 at 8:49 PM, hotchilli said:

Quote:

“I tried to avoid the collision with the vehicle ahead of me by swerving into the opposite lane but didn’t see the pickup truck incoming, causing us to collide head-on.

Should have braked and slid into the back of the truck in front.

Saw a vid awhile ago. Inattentive driver didn't want to rear-end the car in front, so he swerved into the other lane and took out a lady on a motorbike who was stopped at the light.  Less damage.

Edited by Damrongsak
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Rampant Rabbit said:

distance  distance  distance.............attention attention attention

My experience of driving 10 years (car and bike), tells me that even keeping the distance, paying attention, looking left, right, rear-view mirrors, up and down….  A stupid Thai with half a brain appears and puts your life at risk in a second.

11 minutes ago, Tarteso said:

My experience of driving 10 years (car and bike), tells me that even keeping the distance, paying attention, looking left, right, rear-view mirrors, up and down….  A stupid Thai with half a brain appears and puts your life at risk in a second.

Years back at a light in the USA, I was coming onto a 4 lane local road, turning left onto the road.  Last part to change.  Other lanes were stopped for awhile.  But one lane was clear and some old gal blew through the red light at speed and almost broad sided me as I turned. Thank God for peripheral vision. I pulled alongside and signaled (one finger salute) but she was oblivious.  It was a local road, not a highway.