Thailand to introduce 500 baht tourist entry fee from Jan 1st

webfact

Not the way to encourage tourist this and duel pricing. They are forgetting that covid has had devastating results in every country with people losing jobs and a lot less to spend so by making it even more expensive to come here I think people will opt for cheaper places to holiday. And where is the time limit on this extra expense will the surcharge stop when they have recovered the money lost to covid i think not 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, CNXBKKMAN said:

Arrival tax 500 baht. Departure tax 700 baht. Total 1200 baht. I think its too much. 

1200 baht is 30.55 euros / 35.46 USD .

Yes to some the 700 baht Thailand charges is far too much, but the 6000 or so the UK charges is irrelevant.

Taxes/fees/charges

Government, authority and airport charges

Per adult

E7AD

THB 35.00

E7AP

THB 35.00

Passenger Service Charge (Domestic) - Thailand

THB 700.00

Air Passenger Duty - United Kingdom

THB 3,425.00

Passenger Service Charge - United Kingdom

THB 3,010.00

Total government, authority and airport charges*

> More information

THB 7,205.00

• Like 1

I would decide 500 thb/ month !!

yes ! these covidiots who have been vaccinated to travel should also pay monthly to visit Thailand !

Anyway, after what they have already accepted, I wonder what they would not accept anymore...

Edited by leba
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Hans Rayong said:

Thank you for helping me decide.

Booked a ticket to Brazil right now instead.

Only need EU vaccine passports and a health declaration filled out by me.

Covid risk class Brazil = 3, Thailand = 4.

No fee to travel and spend money.

I know it's funny to look at one individual but to put this in now is really strange.  Right now tourism dollars are hard to come by and people are begging for tourists to (safely) come travel.  

Honestly, we have opened here fully to vaccinated tourists and the tourist numbers are pathetic.  It's not even five percent of what it should be!  

People are just not interested in travel so much.  Again, I ask that you stop considering your personal situation and look at the grand scheme of things.  It is simply not happening.

I can personally guarantee you that airline tickets will be very expensive in the future too.  

46 minutes ago, Orient Express said:

The taxes currently imposed by Thailand on a round-trip international air ticket are:

Thailand Passenger Service Charge: 700 baht

Thailand Advance Passenger Processing User Charge: 70 baht

Thailand International Arrival Fee: 30 baht

Total 800 baht.

WOWSY!!!! Let me get this straight.......a whole B800? ????

I'm sure that will break most bankbooks. ????

Might have to take out a second mortgage to cover - 

????????

• Like 1

Just a added on rip off, there is already a tax-fee charged remember those old machine you had to put something like 500 baht to get out that was supposed to be tucked into the price of tickets.  If it is truly due to the Pandemic you should tack that fee to those coming from China only!????

• Like 2

10 hours ago, bkkcanuck8 said:

The funny thing is that we see the 700 baht departure tax + the 300 baht entry tax now (total 1000) as something outrageously Thai... but it is quite common for different countries to have these hidden fees that most people never see and never know about... (just the names differ).  Australia has a $45AUD tax for international flights out, Canada has up to a $45 Airport Improvement Fee (depending on airport you exit from),  UK has a fee that ranges from £13 and £194 (depending on class etc.).  If it makes you happy the Thai government could just call it a 1,000baht movement fee like Australia does (and the details of what it is for are buried in the budgets). 

You are quite correct. UK airport taxes/fees are among the largest in the world at Heathrow and are disgraceful.

• Like 1

Thailand to introduce 500 baht tourist entry fee from Jan 1st.

Wouldn't it be nice If they did this for Everyone , even us Expats  to pay for hospital insurance, than we would be covered and they still make money. 

Wishful thinking .   But hey that would be to easy  and then the ripoff insurance agent be Winging that they go broke.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

And, if memory is in order, New York (and other US cities?) charge a bed tax at hotels. I stand to be corrected.

Yes and Vegas has a nightly “tourist” tax which is quite steep I think around 20% to 30%

• Thanks 1