New James Bond Movie

Worldplus

27 minutes ago, seedy said:

Now Now - that is not PC - "James Bond"

Next one will be Joan Bond, a trans gender, wheelchair-bound, PTSD suffering person of color action hero

I'm hoping 'Joan Bond' will be Sean Connery playing a trans guy in a frock.

Edited by BritManToo

I also saw it yesterday. Far too long and that's why it gets boring towards the end. The franchise has turned into just a cliche of the inevitable car chases, diving off high places and evil geniuses. It started off well but then sunk into a long list of the inevitable. I also have trouble these days linking up events and plots and characters. I just wait for the next car crash and forget about the plot.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, seedy said:

Next one will be Joan Bond, a trans gender, wheelchair-bound, PTSD suffering person of color action hero

Sadly I think you hit the nail on the head!  Even Daniel Craig has said the next Bond should be a man. We will have to wait and see but if Barbara Broccoli wants to lose hundreds of millions of dollars, well its up to her.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, seedy said:

But only if, played by "a trans gender, wheelchair-bound, PTSD suffering" acting-person.  Don't know the PC gender neutral term for 'actor / actress'

2 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

I watched a recent UK tv series called Vigil, set on a nuclear submarine and around the Scottish navel base.

Black commanding officer - tick

Indian female doctor having an affair with a white officer - tick

Two lesbian members of the police force, with their relationship completely irrelevant to the plot - tick

Two gays on the submarine - they missed that one and will no doubt be banned from any further scriptwriting.

Thanks I'll check that out. 

and in reference to your signature "Why does drink always get stronger at the bottom of the bottle? - St Hilda's College Student, Oxford, England"   This is why I always shake the tequila or vodka bottle before pouring ????

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

But only if, played by "a trans gender, wheelchair-bound, PTSD suffering" acting-person.  Don't know the PC gender neutral term for 'actor / actress'

There are no actresses anymore. They are all "actors".

Sad but true.

Edited by arithai12
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Freddy42OZ said:

Thanks I'll check that out. 

and in reference to your signature "Why does drink always get stronger at the bottom of the bottle? - St Hilda's College Student, Oxford, England"   This is why I always shake the tequila or vodka bottle before pouring ????

I was invited there for lunch by a student, and one of her friends had been to a party the night before....... It's a very funny 'observation', although she didn't mean it to be as funny as it is. She was serious. At least, I think she was. Someone else on this site commented on it, and didn't get that by the time you get to the bottom of the bottle the drink is having a stronger effect than when you started.

• Like 1

I think since Bond movies started circa 60 years ago, so many others have eaten Bond's lunch... The audience expectations are higher than ever...  Bourne Identity.. Mission Impossible.. Liam Neeson...  Jason Statham...   

It's difficult for a Bond movie to Wow us any more.   So they tried to make the movie more emotional.. Bond was talking in this latest movie more than ever before _ and it didn't feel right and didn't fit well with the Bond of my childhood..  He used to be a

man of action.. but has now had sand kicked in his face by Keanu Reeves..

2 hours ago, Smokey and the Bandit said:

Sadly I think you hit the nail on the head!  Even Daniel Craig has said the next Bond should be a man. We will have to wait and see but if Barbara Broccoli wants to lose hundreds of millions of dollars, well its up to her.

She has indeed says Bond will always be male... Women deserve character roles written specifically for them, not try to drop them into a male role

23 minutes ago, Thingamabob said:

No. I don't like Craig, no humour. Didn't think much of any of the others either, although Brosnan and Lazenby tolerable. 

There was reason Lazenby didn't get to do a repeat. Unfortunately, IMO, Brosnan did get to play the man, as he was my least favourable Bond.

IMO, Connery was Bond, and they should have ended the specifically Bond movies with his departure, though spin offs would have been acceptable. At least that way they could have put a woman in the leading role without it being sacrilege.

8 hours ago, vandeventer said:

Today's, James Bond ant' what he used to be, maybe the next one should star Mr. Bean. 

I think your first suggestion - having an ant play Bond - may be the best way of reviving the series.

3 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

There was reason Lazenby didn't get to do a repeat. Unfortunately, IMO, Brosnan did get to play the man, as he was my least favourable Bond.

IMO, Connery was Bond, and they should have ended the specifically Bond movies with his departure, though spin offs would have been acceptable. At least that way they could have put a woman in the leading role without it being sacrilege.

Connery sounded like what he was, a truck driver from Glasgow. Nothing wrong with that, but not the guy as portrayed by Ian Fleming.