Video: Doing THIS on a motorcycle could lead to jail not just a fine, say RTP

webfact

53 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

I thought those were not legal to ride on the road to start with.

Motor cycles modified with a sidecar attachment are required to be re-registered following inspection and pay a higher rate of tax. It is illegal to carry passengers in the sidecar. Clearly, this rider has complied with the law in respect to registration or the statement of charges would have it included.?.????

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, StayinThailand2much said:

Try upper Sukhumvit. Those Grab and 7-Eleven guys race past you on the sidewalk all the time, just 50 or 100m from the next traffic police booth...

Tourist alert. Get some perspective please, the bikes on sidewalks issue in Bangkok is vaStly improved after 40,000 fines were paid in the last three years 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, PETERTHEEATER said:

Motor cycles modified with a sidecar attachment are required to be re-registered following inspection and pay a higher rate of tax. It is illegal to carry passengers in the sidecar. Clearly, this rider has complied with the law in respect to registration or the statement of charges would have it included.?.????

???????????? There are so many unlicensed moto drivers on the road it's ridiculous. MY GF has a 1 year old Mazda 2. Within 6 months of purchase she had 1 moto run into the back of her car at a light, he got up and took off when she stepped out of the car. She took a pic of his bike license plate...local police uninterested in pursuing him unless she paid them a 'fee' 3000 baht to get out of their chars. A few months later, another moto took out her driver side mirror and yup you guessed it...took off like a bat out of hell rather than face the music. 

Edited by tonray

1 hour ago, StayinThailand2much said:
1 hour ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Who has said that's ok?

Try upper Sukhumvit. Those Grab and 7-Eleven guys race past you on the sidewalk all the time, just 50 or 100m from the next traffic police booth...

So, who said that's ok, apart from you?   Think you'll find that the answer is no one has said that's ok.

2 hours ago, johng said:

Probably doesn't have a licence  and the vehicle probably doesn't have tax or insurance either...yes crushing the vehicle would have an impact as then he may not be able to make a living either.

If he is in jail he would not have a living either, but maybe better as an example to prevent others

• Like 2

Seen many theatrics with motorcycle and side car's here in Thailand , but not as exemplary as the one in the video.

Pleased my father never had these skills as he would ride us down to Hayling Island with my brother and sister  sat in the side car with my mother riding pillion and buckets and spades at the ready .

• Like 1
  • Haha 1