Video: Thai netizens slam policeman AND helmet-less riders

webfact

5 hours ago, webfact said:

Two people on a motorcycle could barely avoid colliding with the officer who waves for them to stop.

I think the traffic cop was being a bit optimistic expecting them to stop right in front of him.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Asquith Production said:

As for the no helmet offence I have always said its like seat belts the only person you injure or kill is yourself. Their are far more serious offences.

If you kill yourself ..... but if you are severely injured or crippled (by not wearing a helmet) you have a major effect on and cost to other members of society.

• Like 2

Just now, bangon04 said:

If you kill yourself ..... but if you are severely injured or crippled (by not wearing a helmet) you have a major effect on and cost to other members of society.

Yeah maybe I always wear helmet/seatbelt because I value my life  I would rather they pursued people who can ruin mine and other peoples lives such as crossing red lights and DUI. In the scheme of things the cost to me is negligible

10 minutes ago, rudi49jr said:

When someone doesn’t wear a seatbelt or helmet in my country and they get in an accident, they can end up in the hospital, when they have serious injuries. Guess who’s going to pay for that? And guess who’s going to pay for it when that person ends up being handicapped and needing help/assistance for the rest of their life?
It’s just plain stupid and irresponsible to not wear a seatbelt or helmet, as far as I’m concerned.

Yeah maybe I always wear helmet/seatbelt because I value my life  I would rather they pursued people who can ruin mine and other peoples lives such as crossing red lights and DUI. In the scheme of things the cost to me is negligible

2 hours ago, Asquith Production said:

Perhaps it was determined that the helmetless riders were driving under the influence as well. Would that satisfy you? Or perhaps the plod should only enforce the laws that you want them to?

It has been said the Red light cameras would be a good idea, but the number of bikes without rear plates would increase at least 100 fold...Cars and truck's plates would suddenly drop off along a road somewhere. What would you have the copper do? His job? Perhaps picking a better a better spot, yes. But trying to stop a speeding biker is near impossible at the best of time.

3 hours ago, bangon04 said:

Can you imagine the money this government would save in hopital costs if they inforced the wearing of helmets,not to metion the loss of life,,,

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, grego49 said:

Can you imagine the money this government would save in hopital costs if they inforced the wearing of helmets,not to metion the loss of life,,,

Yes, I can, the costs would increase massively because there'd be fewer deaths but a huge increase in the numbers of expensive injuries (that previously would have been deaths) to be treated!

3 hours ago, Scott Tracy said:

Perhaps it was determined that the helmetless riders were driving under the influence as well. Would that satisfy you? Or perhaps the plod should only enforce the laws that you want them to?

It has been said the Red light cameras would be a good idea, but the number of bikes without rear plates would increase at least 100 fold...Cars and truck's plates would suddenly drop off along a road somewhere. What would you have the copper do? His job? Perhaps picking a better a better spot, yes. But trying to stop a speeding biker is near impossible at the best of time.

So now you are trying to defend the RTP, mate you are unreal ????????????????

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Scott Tracy said:

So stopping someone without a helmet should be their for there own safety and then fined to reinforce further behavior. You do not put them in danger to accomplish this. A vehicle from behind could easily have gone over them. Would you have been happy then for such a minor .offence. If he was so concerned he could have noted the number and followed it up.

Red light cameras are not the only way of detecting this more dangerous offence.

Edited by Asquith Production
add text

16 hours ago, bangon04 said:
20 hours ago, Asquith Production said:

As for the no helmet offence I have always said its like seat belts the only person you injure or kill is yourself. Their are far more serious offences.

And using up valuable hospital resources, which as far as i can remember was the reason it became law in the UK.

It's not just the cops that stand in the way when directing traffic forcing you to cut corners, rescue services, ferry workers who stand directly in front of your vehicle while pulling up to the one in front, those others that blow whistles at you trying to park blocking your mirror view. Amazing Trusted Thailand. 

To be fair, we dont really know the history or back story. Maybe the bike riders are known to police, wanted by the police, have a history of not not stopping etc.

To me it looks like the rider is ignoring the police and getting ready to ride off and the police are making sure they dont.

Edited by Peterw42