COVID-19 Vaccination Certification now ready on Mor Prom app

webfact

c1d75a10d9900586e6bcdc3ad8119b9d_small.jpg

By Thammarat Thadaphrom

BANGKOK (NNT) - Dr. Kittipong Sanchatviroon, Director of Bamrasnaradura Infectious Diseases Institute, Department of Disease Control, Ministry of Public Health (MOPH) revealed on October 16th, that people who are looking to travel abroad after country reopening can obtain vaccination passport at any of the 100 venues designated by the Department of Disease Control.

Some of these venues are in Bangkok and Nonthaburi, namely the Institute for Urban Disease Prevention and Control, Bamrasnaradura Infectious Diseases Institute, and the Division of General Communicable Diseases of the Department of Disease Control in Nonthaburi Province.

Outside of these two cities, people can obtain a vaccine passport at 92 other locations such as Disease Control and Prevention Offices in Chiang Mai, Sara Buri, Chonburi, Khon Kaen, and Songkhla, just to name some.

In addition, authorized venues may be extended to government hospitals affiliated with public universities, the Bangkok Metropolitan Administration (BMA), the Thai Red Cross Society and the Royal Thai Police.

Due to the lengthy process, Bamrasnaradura Infectious Diseases Institute is making preparations to switch to an online system, including making appointments and submitting proof of vaccination, all to be done through the "Mor Prom" application, which is available from Monday to Saturday from 9:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. (starting Monday, October 18).

The documents required for requesting a certificate of immunization against COVID are as follows: 1. Passport 2. National ID card 3. certificate of vaccination.

In addition, in Bangkok and its vicinity, vaccine passports can be requested at 4 departments under the Department of Disease Control:

1. Bamrasnaradura Institute Nonthaburi Province - call 0 2590 3422, 0 2590 3427 and 0 2590 3430 (on working days 8.30-16.00)

2. Urban Disease Prevention and Control Institute (OCC), Bangkok - call 0 2521 1668

3. International Communicable Diseases Control Checkpoint Suvarnabhumi Airport Samut Prakan Province - email [email protected]

4. General Communicable Disease Division, Building 5, Floor 6, Department of Disease Control, Nonthaburi Province - call 0 2590 3232, 0 2590 3234 to 35 or email [email protected].

For more information, please contact the Department of Disease Control hotline at 1422.

Discover Cigna’s range of health insurance solutions created for expats and local nationals living in Thailand - click to view

nnt.jpg
  • Confused 1

16 minutes ago, Karma80 said:

Genuine question, but why on earth do I need the yellow vaccination cert when I have - A Digital Health Pass for Thailand, digital vaccination record with QR to confirm with Thailand MoH and a paper vaccination record stamped by the hospital.

I mean, I know TIT and we loooove a good amount of paperwork, but from a practical sense why will I need this? I can't name any other non third world country that is using them.

Someone on the same flight as me can pull out a crappy card from the NHS or CDC that can be bought on line and are good to go. I certainly don't need one to leave Thailand and you're just going to have to scan it anyway and upload it to an airline or IATA app.

What is the point?

it depends on the country you are travelling to as to what they will accept - nothing to do with Thailand 

I believe the UK for example will accept the certificate but then an airline may not - probably better to get the internationally recognised document if intending to travel overseas

• Thanks 1

If you have the Mor Prom app as shown in the OP photo and you can pull up the Certficate of vaccination as shown as well as a digital Health pass which shows your vaccination should that not be good enough as well, just like @Karma80 said in his post.  Just checked the app I have on my phone and it shows the certificate and a Digital Health pass as I have had both vaccination. Yet checking the GF's app it shows she has 1 jab under the Covid 19 button at the top right, but it will not show a certificate as she has not completed the second jab yet and will not have a digital health pass as of now either.

I did just notice a new button for a request for a Covid 19 Vaccination certificate on the app on the lower left.  It was not their earlier.  Must be a work in progress.

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Like 1

Just negotiated the new button on the app.  Only allows for an in person appointment at one of two places, does not allow for the other two options of obtaining your cert by post or by e-mail.  As I said a work in progress. First date I was allowed to choose for my certificate for international travel was the 1st of November.  Maybe the earlier dates have all filled up, I will report back as well when I get a response on the app as there is a spot to check under the International vaccination certificate button.

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I picked up my Yellow Passport today. Also asked for a vaccination certificate. Was told "Not needed as you have digital one in Mor Prom app. You can just  show yellow book when you travel."

I did notice that in the Yellow Passport, "Certificate issued date" has been left blank for both vaccinations. Anyone else have that?

1 hour ago, phetphet said:

I picked up my Yellow Passport today. Also asked for a vaccination certificate. Was told "Not needed as you have digital one in Mor Prom app. You can just  show yellow book when you travel."

I did notice that in the Yellow Passport, "Certificate issued date" has been left blank for both vaccinations. Anyone else have that?

How did you get Mor Prom? How did you get the yellow book?

4 hours ago, smedly said:

it depends on the country you are travelling to as to what they will accept - nothing to do with Thailand 

I believe the UK for example will accept the certificate but then an airline may not - probably better to get the internationally recognised document if intending to travel overseas

Being released Wednesday 20 October in Australia:

image.png.791381aead8d73777e35376538865caf.png

Airlines and other authorized agencies can scan the QR code and get full details

of the personal: vaccination records and passport number, name as shown in passport records,  date of birth, gender. 

32 minutes ago, GroveHillWanderer said:
1 hour ago, Sheryl said:

My experience also.

I get the same options for post or email as in the earlier post by @kotsak

Unfortunately, as I've found out afterwards, those options are disabled for now, but it hints that they may be enabled in the future..

11 minutes ago, scorecard said:

Being released Wednesday 20 October in Australia:

image.png.791381aead8d73777e35376538865caf.png

Airlines and other authorized agencies can scan the QR code and get full details

of the personal: vaccination records and passport number, name as shown in passport records,  date of birth, gender. 

Your Papers Pleeze....

Still don't get it. My MProm app has a scannable QR code that verifies it immediately with the Ministry of Health in real time. We need more paper because?

26 minutes ago, The Hammer2021 said:

The Mor Prom app is not available to foreigners unless they have a Thai ID card with the 13 digit number. Until the Mor Prom app accepts international passport numbers it remains useless to most foreigners.

Not correct. A 600000 number is issued to expats without an ID card. It works fine.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

I get the same options for post or email as in the earlier post by @kotsak

You may get the options, but to try and put the dot next to it does not work as it is not allowing it to do so.  However, if you have succeeded in obtaining one of those two from the menu please show us a photo/screenshot, as it would be interesting to know that it works for some but not all.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Karma80 said:

Your Papers Pleeze....

Still don't get it. My MProm app has a scannable QR code that verifies it immediately with the Ministry of Health in real time. We need more paper because?

I'm not sure what your question is.

From my understanding the Australian item I attached is for online use.

I didn't mention that when the QR code is scanned at check-in or by passport officers at arrival point the personal photo of the passport holder also comes up on screen for the officer to compare to the actual arriving person at the passport desk and instant facial recognition scanning of the arrival person is compared to the passport records photo to check there's a match/no match. 

It also mentioned that a coming soon further development will include a facility whereby the holder can call up their vaccination record then click for their passport photo, to show at a restaurant etc., where vaccination/identity is being checked. 

If the person has no passport? I don't know the answer.

Edited by scorecard

1 hour ago, The Hammer2021 said:

The Mor Prom app is not available to foreigners unless they have a Thai ID card with the 13 digit number. Until the Mor Prom app accepts international passport numbers it remains useless to most foreigners.

You use the 13 digit number that was put on your certificate by the location you received your vaccine at and you can obtain access to Mor Prom, however, it is not in English so you need to either be able to read Thai or have someone assist you.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Hammer2021 said:

How did you get Mor Prom? How did you get the yellow book?

I downloaded Mor Prom from the iPhone App store. Just search there for Mor Prom. 

Looks like below.

The Passport I got from our local government hospital in Nathon here in Samui. 50THB.

Needed my passport, photocopy of passport, and details from yellow vaccination card, which I took a photo of with my phone. Including the 13 digit number they call a Tax ID.

NOTE: The Mor Prom app has been updated twice in the last week or so and now works much better. Though not perfect.

Screenshot 2021-10-18 at 16.21.27.png

• Thanks 1