Why so many chinese cars MG cars ? do people only care to buy something cheap, whatever is the quality ?

leba

1 minute ago, KhunLA said:

You mean 2011 ????

"The first all-new MG-branded model for 16 years, the MG 6, was officially launched on 26 June 2011"

The rest as they say ... is history.

Then you haven't read their literature, very naughty, I am surprised.......:huh:

????????

MG Motors Cars Launching Soon - Interior Pictures Revealed -  News/Articles/Motorists Education - PakWheels Forums

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Gweiloman said:

I wonder why some people have it up their posterior as to whether a brand is a British or German or Chinese brand.  To me, the brand doesn’t matter. What matters is the quality. 6 yrs ago, I looked at the MG ZS but wasn’t impressed by the quality so I ended up buying a Mazda. Since then, MG has absolutely upped their game and is now one of the top selling brands worldwide at its price point. I bought the Haval H6 PHEV 9 months ago and it’s one of the better cars I’ve owned (which includes premium brands like MB , Audi and Lexus). I took delivery of the BYD Dolphin a week ago and is very impressed by its ride, features and build quality.

Smart money goes to CH made cars at the moment.

Really? 

43 minutes ago, Gweiloman said:

I wonder why some people have it up their posterior as to whether a brand is a British or German or Chinese brand.  To me, the brand doesn’t matter. What matters is the quality. 6 yrs ago, I looked at the MG ZS but wasn’t impressed by the quality so I ended up buying a Mazda. Since then, MG has absolutely upped their game and is now one of the top selling brands worldwide at its price point. I bought the Haval H6 PHEV 9 months ago and it’s one of the better cars I’ve owned (which includes premium brands like MB , Audi and Lexus). I took delivery of the BYD Dolphin a week ago and is very impressed by its ride, features and build quality.

How is three new cars in six years 'smart money'?

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

13 hours ago, In the jungle said:

How is three new cars in six years 'smart money'?

Gave an older Ford Ranger to my wife’s uncle so that he could get work all over the country. Gave the Mazda to the daughter of a very dear departed friend so that she would have a better chance in her online business. Bought the PHEV for my frequent long distance drives around Thailand and neighbouring countries. Bought the EV because the wifey needs a runaround for CM and for jobs inspections. Due to mileage traveled, we are saving a ton on fuel.

Don’t confuse smart money with thriftiness or extravagance. Smart money means making your dollar go a longer distance.

Edited by Gweiloman
  • Thumbs Up 1

12 minutes ago, Gweiloman said:

Don’t confuse smart money with thriftiness or extravagance. Smart money means making your dollar go a longer distance.

Smart money can also mean being of a certain age, having plenty of cash in the bank and enjoying your remaining years.

Do I have to say it?: You can’t take it with you.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Gweiloman said:

So after all that, you never bought an MG...............????

11 hours ago, josephbloggs said:

Righty ho. So in previous threads where you bang on about MG "stealing heritage" and I pointed out my Volvo has a Swedish flag stitched in to the seat and they play on Swedish minimalist design language, you didn't seem to have the same hatred. Oh, but Volvos are designed in Sweden maybe? Where are MGs designed?

Then I pointed out Minis have union jacks on their taillights, you can specify them on the wing mirrors or roof, they play up on the British heritage massively even though they are German. But no, that's not an issue for you.

Rolls Royce are quintessentially British in all their heritage and positioning. But they are German too. As are Bentley.

As it seems you only have a problem with the Chinese brand playing on the Western heritage of their marque but don't mind when European brands do it it leads me to draw my own conclusions, sorry if you don't like that. You really are the worst broken record on this entire forum and I have no idea what motivates you (well I do, but I don't need to say it again).

MG is 100% Chinese, now you tell me, what the MG Extender pick-up really is.........????

On 8/25/2023 at 6:06 PM, transam said:

Drive an MG ZS, then get in the equivalent ride by Mercedes or BMW, the experience will be chalk and cheese.......

All down to better engineering, but you pay for it.........????

The MG is designed in Britain.

If the engineering poor poke the finger at the brits.

Ironically MG UK died.... due to poor engineering/crap cars !!

Ohh yeah, That badge on the back you so passionately hate... That would be the vehicle stylists..... in Britain !!

Edited by Ralf001
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Ralf001 said:

The MG is designed in Britain.

If the engineering poor poke the finger at the brits.

Ironically MG UK died.... due to poor engineering !!

Ohh yeah, That badge on the back you so passionately hate... That would be the vehicle stylists..... in Britain !!

1. Of course, it is......????

2. MG didn't die from poor engineering, it was B.M.C, BL, and AR's baby, as MG badge was put on their hoped up creations.

3. The last real MG was 43 years back, the MGB.

4. Yeh, the Chinese bloke pulling the smoke screen strings, the sales tactic, which you seem to have fallen for, "since 1924"...........????

• Sad 1

Has anyone been for a test drive with MG? I had booked one for today but they just told me there's no insurance and I have to sign a contract for liability in case of any accident so I think I'm going to cancel.

Too many uninsured drivers around in Thailand...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, transam said:

1. Of course, it is......????

2. MG didn't die from poor engineering, it was B.M.C, BL, and AR's baby, as MG badge was put on their hoped up creations.

3. The last real MG was 43 years back, the MGB.

4. Yeh, the Chinese bloke pulling the smoke screen strings, the sales tactic, which you seem to have fallen for, "since 1924"...........????

1. it is.

2. MG went bust... so was sold, Why ?

3. MG is still making real cars.

4. Yeah "since 1924" should actually be "designed, Styled and engineered in Britain since 1924".

Or "since 1924" same same !!

• Haha 1

On 8/31/2023 at 12:35 PM, transam said:

That's great, now get rid of the MG badge and replace it with, perhaps, a plastic rickshaw emblem, which would be more truthful.............:clap2:

The MG re-badge idea should be more about losing the stigma not making it worse.

This re-badged MG is lipstick on a pig but if it makes the owner feel more confident, why not.

pig.jpg.1b3cd4b207fb7a300e79c104a4a17928.jpg

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, transam said:

Weeeell, I just proved you wrong, but I expected you to "try" and find a way out.........

MG is a BRITISH smoke screen for 100% Chinese cars....????

No, the Brits just sold the brand name, like they did with RR, and with Jaguar? 

• Confused 1

25 minutes ago, Fruit Trader said:

The MG re-badge idea should be more about losing the stigma not making it worse.

This re-badged MG is lipstick on a pig but if it makes the owner feel more confident, why not.

pig.jpg.1b3cd4b207fb7a300e79c104a4a17928.jpg

The old MGs were British Leyland vehicles which were extremely poorly designed and of excitedly poor quality. The MGC had to be taken off the road because it was a death trap.

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, retarius said:

The old MGs were British Leyland vehicles which were extremely poorly designed and of excitedly poor quality. The MGC had to be taken off the road because it was a death trap.

I grew up on a small Greek island and know very little about the British car industry. I would however be interested to know why a sports car often observed at our mainland shows was taken off the road because of safety issues. 

Link to the detail would be appreciated.