Bars, Pubs, Go Go and Entertainment Venues

4MyEgo

19 hours ago, WEBBYB808 said:

If you look around Pattaya it would seem the Thais believe  they are ooening all on 01 Nov.  I seen doors open on bars on SOI 6, coffee shops setting up outside of a Starbucks ( figure their coffee must be better than Starbuck) hotels dusting off cobwebs, pipes being cleaned, price gouging  going up, so again they must know something  the Learned person  doesn't. 

So much for that theory.

Perhaps now they will cross out November and put December in some kind of hope

• Like 1

Being fully vaccinated may prevent death in otherwise healthy people should they contract the virus .However it does not prevent people from catching the virus and passing it on to other people .People who may be the most vulnerable among us .

Many  major virus clusters have been connected to sports and entertainment venues many of them illegal .

Why should people who cannot enjoy a drink other than in a crowded bar or sports venue receive special consideration when well documented  evidence has shown them to be irresponsible in the prevention of the covid virus.

• Confused 1

21 minutes ago, Andycoops said:

Because they don't know what they are doing and pretending to be ultra conservative Buddhists which are against the consumption of alcohol.

But not it appears eating meat, prostitution, gambling (monks often win the lottery) and all sorts of corruption 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, jastheace said:

and with vaccination certificates being sold on the streets for 100 B, what could possibly go wrong...

Then they should also ban pedestrian crossings, people riding motorbikes without helmets, yeh, I could go on, but I think you get my drift, or not.

I will try not to sneeze when out in public too.

20 hours ago, WEBBYB808 said:

80% of airlines have returned  there slots meaning they aren't  comming.   This has been published.  I guess they are planning  to reap the domestic  tourist.  I wonder if they will charge the double pricing to them.

not if they are thai...

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, chilly07 said:

Because fully vaccinated people can still spread the virus and especially innebriated  corousing barflies furiously 'socializing' with everyone they come into contact with

No different from sober people cramming into local markets and supermarkets, sober or inebriated you can still pass the virus on.

23 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

I have a simple question.

Why won't the government allow bars, pubs and entertainment venues to open to fully vaccinated people ?

Because quality tourists apparently don't visit that kind places...????

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, chilly07 said:

Because fully vaccinated people can still spread the virus and especially innebriated  corousing barflies furiously 'socializing' with everyone they come into contact with LP

Over the last (almost) twenty years I have devoted a deal of time (and I shudder to think how much money!) to drinking in bars in this country, both dens of iniquity (I wondered into in all innocence) and "ordinary bars".

I could count on the fingers of one hand the number of "innebriated  corousing barflies furiously 'socializing' with everyone they come into contact with" that I have encountered!

Edited by herfiehandbag
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Jeffr2 said:

Total misinformation. The virus can mutate inside anyone. And the vaccines are not emergency use. They have full FDA approval.

That statement is incorect, only Pfizer Covid vaccine has full FDA approval . Moderna, J and J do not. Pfizer has also now been given approval for children 5---11  years old.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/u-s-fda-authorizes-first-covid-19-shot-for-young-kids/ar-AAQ6756

https://theconversation.com/pfizers-covid-19-vaccine-now-has-full-fda-approval-heres-what-that-means-for-unvaccinated-people-organizations-and-pharma-166709

Unvaccinated People Are Increasing the Chances for More Coronavirus Variants — Here’s How

https://www.healthline.com/health-news/unvaccinated-people-are-increasing-the-chances-for-more-coronavirus-variants-heres-how

Edited by Tony125

3 hours ago, Jumbo1968 said:

Because the Government have got the majority of Thais s*** scared of Covid and now controlling them.telling them what they can do or not do.

Akin to most everywhere worldwide. 

• Thanks 1

On 10/29/2021 at 2:04 PM, 4MyEgo said:

Why won't the government allow bars, pubs and entertainment venues to open to fully vaccinated people ?

The people at the top have a knee on the neck of society and they are rather fond of their new powers.
Don't expect them to give that up anytime soon. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Tony125 said:

That statement is incorect, only Pfizer Covid vaccine has full FDA approval .

Pfizer only has full FDA approval to their product Comirnaty.

Pfizer-BioNTech, although perhaps the same vaccine, is legally not Comirnaty.  There are different laws applied to the two brands. 
Only Comirnaty is FDA licensed.  Pfizer-BioNTech is still only authorized for use under a EUA.

"The Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine that uses PBS buffer and COMIRNATY (COVID-19 Vaccine, mRNA) have the same formulation.
The products are legally distinct with certain differences that do not impact safety or effectiveness."

Quote from: FDA Letter of Authorization (Reissued) linked below
https://www.fda.gov/media/150386/download

This Prime Minster is VERY anti-alcohol. He is an avid tea drinker and ultra Buddhist. Read the bio, and reports on this guy. This is his chance to ban alcohol, and along with it the bars, girls, etc, and replace them with tea houses and coffee bars. In effect, transforming Thailand's nightlife into a 'family friendly " atmosphere. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Tony125 said:

That statement is incorect, only Pfizer Covid vaccine has full FDA approval . Moderna, J and J do not. Pfizer has also now been given approval for children 5---11  years old.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/u-s-fda-authorizes-first-covid-19-shot-for-young-kids/ar-AAQ6756

https://theconversation.com/pfizers-covid-19-vaccine-now-has-full-fda-approval-heres-what-that-means-for-unvaccinated-people-organizations-and-pharma-166709

Unvaccinated People Are Increasing the Chances for More Coronavirus Variants — Here’s How

https://www.healthline.com/health-news/unvaccinated-people-are-increasing-the-chances-for-more-coronavirus-variants-heres-how

Good point. I guess this headline just caught my attention.

https://www.ft.com/content/62ccfaa4-9427-4182-8c60-872aa431c587

FDA gives green light to Moderna and Johnson & Johnson Covid booster shots

55 minutes ago, connda said:

The people at the top have a knee on the neck of society and they are rather fond of their new powers.
Don't expect them to give that up anytime soon. 

Maybe beause they are taking  Dr. Fauci advice as writen below----he mentions staying out of bars

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/medical/dr-fauci-just-said-this-to-anti-science-people/ss-AAQ5WOu?li=BBnb7Kz#image=1

5. How to Stay Safe Out There

Follow the public health fundamentals and help end this pandemic, no matter where you live—get vaccinated ASAP; if you live in an area with low vaccination rates, wear an N95 face mask, don't travel, social distance, avoid large crowds, don't go indoors with people you're not sheltering with (especially in bars), practice good hand hygiene, and to protect your life and the lives of others, don't visit any of these 35 Places You're Most Likely to Catch COVID.

• Haha 1

On 10/29/2021 at 7:40 AM, Boomer6969 said:

Easy answer to that one: a  few months after vaccination NONE of the existing vaccines  has more than 50% effectiveness against infection. Put a hundred [drunk] people into a confined crowded  space for some hours and you have a very good chance to get a super  spreader event.

Sounds like dozens of families and groups of friends out for a little moo ka ta, all hovered over the hibachi, chopsticks touching as they jockey for position over grilled shrimp and pork, or poached chicken....

....but that sort of activity is perfectly acceptable, so long as there's no alcohol.

Edited by Walker88

On 10/29/2021 at 9:06 AM, WEBBYB808 said:

The virus only mutates in unvaccinated people.  So if you put 100 vaccinated people in a bar you don't get a super spreader unless  the one with the virus is unvaccinated.   If everyone is vaccinated  you cant create a super spreader as the virus doesn't  mutate in the vaccinated 

As far as I understand it, this is soo wrong. You may REDUCE THE RISK of being a super spreader but to say everyone who is vaccinated prevents spreading Covid is false.

• Like 2

On 10/29/2021 at 9:06 PM, WEBBYB808 said:

The virus only mutates in unvaccinated people.  So if you put 100 vaccinated people in a bar you don't get a super spreader unless  the one with the virus is unvaccinated.   If everyone is vaccinated  you cant create a super spreader as the virus doesn't  mutate in the vaccinated 

Given the discussion is about Thailand, how would you ensure that no unvaccinated person attends?

16 hours ago, Billpro785 said:

This Prime Minster is VERY anti-alcohol. He is an avid tea drinker and ultra Buddhist. Read the bio, and reports on this guy. This is his chance to ban alcohol, and along with it the bars, girls, etc, and replace them with tea houses and coffee bars. In effect, transforming Thailand's nightlife into a 'family friendly " atmosphere. 

Well, some of us know what "tea houses" were back in olden days, so bring it on. Don't know about the family friendly bit though.

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, zzaa09 said:

Akin to most everywhere worldwide. 

Seems to me that there are two sorts of people where I live- those that are **** scared on corona, and believe everything the government says, and those that don't give a monkey's about the entire thing.

I went in a shop the other day and no one was wearing a mask, including the staff, while in other places everyone was. Appears the bigger the organisation the more they kowtow to the dictat.

It does appear though, that many have had enough and are going back to normal life. Many places don't even enforce scanning in or filling in the form if one doesn't have one of those phones.

18 hours ago, herfiehandbag said:

Over the last (almost) twenty years I have devoted a deal of time (and I shudder to think how much money!) to drinking in bars in this country, both dens of iniquity (I wondered into in all innocence) and "ordinary bars".

I could count on the fingers of one hand the number of "innebriated  corousing barflies furiously 'socializing' with everyone they come into contact with" that I have encountered!

Exactly. From some posts on this forum about bars and night life, I suspect they get their information from red top British "newspapers", and movies ( I've seen many Thai bars in movies, but none were ever like reality ).

• Like 1

On 10/29/2021 at 10:37 AM, WEBBYB808 said:

It is fact that the virus only mutates in the unvaccinated.   It is fact that 90% of people dying in hospitals from the virus are the unvaccinated.   Hence, fact.. the emergency  vaccines stops the virus from mutating,  and fact that having been vaccinated  gives one a higher chance of survival if they contract the virus.  So with facts presented what do you find whimsical?

You are incorrect. Mutation is a numbers game. There is always a possibility of a mutation every time a virus replicates. The unvaccinated do have a higher viral load (the latest research proves this, contrary to earlier beliefs), so they are host for more possible mutations, besides being more likely to suffer serious symptoms from whatever variant they caught.

In any single replication, the odds of a mutation are equal. It doesn't matter if the host is vaxxed or not. PROBABILITY increases with the number of replications, and the unvaxxed are likely to be host to a greater number of replications.

Vaccinated people have an immune system better able to stop the virus from replicating, which is very different from mutating. The more replications, the greater the chance of a mutation. Also, the more replications, the greater the chance the host will suffer symptoms, because the body's immune system is stressed beyond its ability to cope.

• Like 1