Curfew, alcohol ban to be lifted in Bangkok, other provinces, from Nov 1

snoop1130

1 hour ago, johng said:

Well from the PBS linked article

"According to the CCSA, Bangkok, Krabi, Phang-Nga and Phuket are the only provinces where alcoholic drinks may be served in eateries."

and

"No pubs and bars in Thailand can reopen at this time."

Looks like prohibition to me.

I envision hundreds of thousands of Italians and French and Russian and American and UK tourists swarming Thailand.....

When Thailand actually does entirely open up. More BS idiocy.

Found out today the old couple whose restaurant I loved and frequented are no longer with us. They had no children, no family, no place to live other than above their establishment, which finally went out of business, so they they committed suicide.

I was very fond of both of them.

• Sad 17

1 hour ago, 2long said:

But who is able to define what a 'manner that could spread the virus' looks like?

"But on Friday, an announcement was published on the Royal Gazette banning any public gathering "in a manner that could spread the virus".

Playing Spin-the-Bottle at such a party is strictly prohibited.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

Bangkok, Krabi, Phang-Nga and Phuket are the only provinces where alcoholic drinks may be served in eateries.

Bangkok and Phuket quite rightly so they are both over 70% fully vaccinated, I wonder about Krabi and Phang Nga however. Krabi only 36.8% fully vaccinated and Phang Nga a little better with 54.7% so if they can now serve alcohol why on earth was this not allowed weeks ago in Bangkok and the other Provinces?

Are the schools re-opening in Krabi and Phang Nga with such a low vaccination rates also? Or is this just not as important.

29 minutes ago, phetphet said:

I don't know about that. More a sedate glass of wine with your meal. ????

Although that tends to lead to being 'sedated' by wine.  One of the problems I foresee with this 'prohibition' is a recoil effect and 'party' time.  Oh well, we'll cope, bring it on.

34 minutes ago, zzaa09 said:

Appears to be an awful lot of concern and angst over alcohol and the consumption thereof, here within this humble venue.

Why is that?

????????

Well alcohol is a major worldwide consumer product and industry, so that is probably part of it. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'm all for opening up and getting rid of curfews and alcohol bans,  but I serious doubt that will have any effect on tourism.

It's the nonsense issues for the average tourist to get there in my opinion that's stopping them rather  than what they can do when they are there. After all, there are muslim countries visited that do not allow drinking and what we see as enjoyable, but they still get tourists in normal days

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, shdmn said:

More terrible news for the whiners.  Of course that will not stop them from trying to spin this into something else to whine about, as the comments clearly show.

I welcome the news but don't really understand it. Is Pattaya on the list of cities where alcohol can be consumed in restaurants and bars? Are go go bars going to open? Are G clubs allowed? And what about bars that don't sell food?

• Sad 2

3 minutes ago, The Hammer2021 said:

I welcome the news but don't really understand it. Is Pattaya on the list of cities where alcohol can be consumed in restaurants and bars? Are go go bars going to open? Are G clubs allowed? And what about bars that don't sell food?

Pattaya is not on the list...so nothing will change at this time.

So that answers your last 3 questions.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, JonnyF said:

Great news. The puritans and the virtue signallers will no doubt be wringing their hands and hiding under the bed sheets but let's face it, nobody takes them seriously anyway ????.

This weekend will be my last weekend drinking bottled beer from a cheap mug. Hallelujah!!!

Nobody takes them seriously. Nobody can stand them.

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, The Hammer2021 said:

You're right, Thailand sucks.  Time to move to Indonesia or Mexico!

Edited by shdmn
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1

Seems it will be done the same way as for the last two times.

Alcohol allowed in eateries, if this works smooth, bars could reopen two weeks later, so probably mid of Nov.

At least in some Provinces

Edited by Mentors65
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, JonnyF said:

Great news. The puritans and the virtue signallers will no doubt be wringing their hands and hiding under the bed sheets but let's face it, nobody takes them seriously anyway ????.

This weekend will be my last weekend drinking bottled beer from a cheap mug. Hallelujah!!!

I am a Puritan but I won't be wringing my hands or hiding under bedsheets. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1