Returning to Thailand 24hr 'no quarantine' any chance of a real 00hr 'no quarantine' by end Nov.?

40 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

They will certainly not drop the PCR test when you arrive and the wait until getting the test result any time soon.

I suspect Joe is correct, but I wonder if there could be a future time when they will accept quick response tests (these tests are getting better and better, more reliable results, more accuracy etc.). 

What must be a factor is what data develops in the next few months in terms of other countries allowing double vaxd tourists in and how many prove to be negative / positive on arrival etc.

Another factor will surely be the total numbers of people who are double / triple vaccinated, and therefore progressively slowing down the spread of the virus.

Some states in Australia are already at 90% - 93% of the states population have had a first shot and numbers still growing quickly, and 75% - 82% have had 2 jabs and the numbers growing quickly. Plus boosters shots now being promoted and taken in sizeable numbers. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

Dont see the point of a Rant. 

You state "HOLIDAYS".

Personally think coming to Thailand for a holiday right now is not worth it. Bit different if coming back for family etc.

Up to recently it involved much longer quarantine.

Solution: don't come esp for a holiday.

Holiday of up to 2 weeks probably worth it,  but anything more than 3 weeks is OK regarding the requirements. They dropped the second PCR test for the Phuket sandbox too, it would be an ATK test.

The main issue is if one catches covid the quarantine is mandatory, so yes there are risks.

39 minutes ago, sqwakvfr said:

Keep an eye on Richard Barrow’s Social Media because he just left for England is going to return in about a week.  His posts will give many of us as to how this new “Swab and Go” actually operates.  

Good point, and I hope he shares full details of where the swab was taken and more.

The problem is all south east asian countries are acting in a similar fashion, many more restrictive than Thailand, so it's not just Thailand, it will probably take until one of them just opens up properly and wins the tourist trade in Q1 and Q2 that Thailand might rethink their silliness.. That said its still much easier than the Phuket 7 day trapped on that ripoff island..

Edited by asiam110
  • Like 1

It seems to change every day, 

Now reported in another thread just posted it is reported that Thai nationals will be required to have covid insurance . So if you are traveling with your wife it might be something to look into. 

"Thai citizens returning home by air from 45 “low risk” countries and Hong Kong will not be required to spend extended time in quarantine or to have health insurance cover as of Monday, when Thailand reopens to foreign arrivals, said Ms. Rachada Dhnadirek, deputy spokesperson for Government House today (Saturday). "

then it goes on to say.  the interesting part is highlighted in red 

"She said these Thais will be treated like other people arriving in Thailand from the 45 low risk countries and Hong Kong who, however, must have been fully inoculated with recognised vaccines at least 14 days before their arrival and have passed a RT-PCR test no more than 72 hours before boarding their flights.

Foreign tourists, however, must have at least three million baht health insurance cover during their stay in Thailand. "

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/thais-arriving-from-45-low-risk-countries-and-hong-kong-to-be-treated-like-citizens-of-those-countries/

so which is it? $50K or $90K? (tree million baht), the more I read about this the more confused I get. 

Edited by sirineou
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, sirineou said:

Now reported in another thread just posted it is reported that Thai nationals will be required to have covid insurance . So if you are traveling with your wife it might be something to look into. 

"Thai citizens returning home by air from 45 “low risk” countries and Hong Kong will not be required to spend extended time in quarantine or to have health insurance cover as of Monday, when Thailand reopens to foreign arrivals, said Ms. Rachada Dhnadirek, deputy spokesperson for Government House today (Saturday). "

"She said these Thais will be treated like other people arriving in Thailand from the 45 low risk countries and Hong Kong who, however, must have been fully inoculated with recognised vaccines at least 14 days before their arrival and have passed a RT-PCR test no more than 72 hours before boarding their flights.

Foreign tourists, however, must have at least three million baht health insurance cover during their stay in Thailand. "

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/thais-arriving-from-45-low-risk-countries-and-hong-kong-to-be-treated-like-citizens-of-those-countries/

so which is it? $50K or $90K? (tree million baht), the more I read about this the more confused I get. 

for the sake of it, it's worth to take higher insurance, than currently required. And in excess of what is needed.

Rules might change in the future, including extending visas.

In order to lower premiums, do take the highest possible deductible.

I have just taken 5mln (so over $150k) health insurance for one year which is only twice as expensive as the cheapest possible covid insurance at 15k. Health insurance covers all illnesses, including long covid, side effects of vax (there would be boosters every 6 month, so yearly insurance can cover up to 3 boosters) and is worldwide (as oppose to cheap covid plan which only covers thailand)

Edited by internationalism
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Hi ubonjoe, you are usually the go to guy for information about all of this stuff.

This info you are linking to is from the same department that has in their A & Q answered that a phone isn't needed.

Would you say that I can feel safe with this information. And I can arrive without a phone and not get into trouble for being able to install any app?  

image.png.149064be13af515738406d2a6ef43183.png

https://consular.mfa.go.th/th/content/thailand-pass-faqs-2

21 hours ago, notrub said:

Its me again.  I got all the COE, insurance, hotel reservations etc. and my rdv date in France was changed.  Now I am going end of November.  I have heard that there may be a new rule where vaccinated persons arriving with a recent RT-PCR will not be required to stay in a hotel waiting for the results of the Thai RT-PCR.  The person would give an address where they are going and be allowed to go on directly to their destination from the AP.  Is this just wishful thinking?

At this moment in time probably yes.

My reaction after some thought ... is 1 night in a hotel is easy to do (so much better than 7, 10, or 14 don't you think?), especially in Thailand where they usually allow some time out of your room each day for some fresh BKK smog lol ????

1 night Gives you time to settle, make arrangements with in-country friends, check stuff for your holiday, and have a good sleep after your arduous privileged capacity to actually get on a plane and go anywhere outside of your own country (many people never leave their immediate locale and certainly not their country so you're a very lucky chap indeed to be able to decide and do).

As for the 'up da nose test' upon arrival and having to file in and sit and wait this is also a choice you have power over or not i.e. if you don't travel you don't have to endure the test and the wait to be served by what will probably be a gentle, kind Thai person. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, sirineou said:

"so which is it? $50K or $90K? (tree million baht), the more I read about this the more confused I get."

But that's the whole idea, is it not?

They may simplify some elements for entry - but that key testing on arrival will be here to stay a year at least anyway, I'm guessing.

Not enough percentage of the population has had the vaccine yet also.

It's a key condition to re-opening....test all the foreigners on arrival so at least they know they picked up Delta+ in Thailand and took it home....

Haha..sorry could not resist that "strain" of humour.

On 10/31/2021 at 3:04 PM, internationalism said:

cancel this insurance and take another one, health one, and based in thailand, for minimum $50k with highest possible deductible to lower your premium. That is yearly insurance with unlimited entries. It does cover you abroad, when you travel to uk or elsewhere.

Thai insurers cover till 75 years, if you don't have underlying conditions

And I'm guessing there's a sizeable number of foreigners on retirement visa who are over 75 and therefore very very limited health insurance options. 

On 10/31/2021 at 5:30 PM, USEpat said:

There is considerable evidence that the Thai officials making decisions/policies about non-Thai tourists have never planned, booked or actually have taken holidays out of the country. 

These people live in the 'entitled' sector of society.  They may not have even experienced opening a door themselves, for example.