Thammasat abandons plan to get 1.5m doses of donated vaccine from Poland

snoop1130

If i had to guess, Anutin and Co would not have had any kickbacks or power to control it, so simply brushed it off.

But for anyone with half a brain, what kind of ministry or a country refuses to assist in receiving a donation, ie free gift of a product which country so badly needs 

Mind boggling 

A post in which the quoted content had been translated into a foreign language has been removed.  

English is the only acceptable language anywhere on ASEAN NOW, except within the Thai language forum, where of course using Thai is allowed. Short Thai translation of technical terms is permitted in specialty forums.

5 hours ago, Paul Henry said:

The answer to all of this incompetence and corruption is in the hands of the Thai people.

Unfortunately the guns, and thus control, are under the control of the PM, and in true military (sacred) tradition, the military are perfectly capable of using them on their own Thai people.

It wouldn't be the first time, but I hope that the last time it happened would be the last time.

16 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

Again shows the Government its incompetence........

Ah, but are they.........Incompetence :- inability to do something successfully; ineptitude.

However, they are extremely competent at mismanagement, corruption, graft, nepotism, cronyism, and probably half a dozen other "ism's", that benefit only themselves without a single seconds thought for the general populace.

• Like 1

Less than 50% of people in Thailand are vaccinated fully because of a lack of available vaccine and the wait periods between dispatches. A premium vaccine has been offered to this nation as a gift; a significant proportion of the world are wishing for a lifeline such as this and this countrys bureaucrats spit in the eye of the generous donor and more of her citizens will suffer illness, hospitalisation and in some cases death.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

University field hospital has abandoned its plan to accept a donation of 1.5 million doses of the Moderna COVID-19 vaccine from Poland.

Have the Chinese had a quiet word in the University's and/or Prayut's "ears" ?????

I despair of Thailand's ridiculous bureaucracy. Most nations would be so grateful to receive a free donation and get the necessary paper work done a.s.a.p. The same thing happened earlier with a Pfizer donation.I paid 4,500 baht months ago for a moderna vaccine at Pattaya International hospital and am still waiting.They need an honest ,intelligent leader to sort the chaos out.

1 hour ago, robert888d said:

I despair of Thailand's ridiculous bureaucracy. Most nations would be so grateful to receive a free donation and get the necessary paper work done a.s.a.p. The same thing happened earlier with a Pfizer donation.I paid 4,500 baht months ago for a moderna vaccine at Pattaya International hospital and am still waiting.They need an honest ,intelligent leader to sort the chaos out.

But it is't the nations fault but the contracts with manufacturers;

Many governments require the approval of the vaccine manufacturer before they can donate any doses. 

That is the case, for example, in the contract between Pfizer and the Brazilian government. Not only is Brazil unable to donate any doses without Pfizer’s permission, it also cannot accept any donations, as per their contract. 

“It’s still a seller’s market,” said one official. “As a result a lot of manufacturers have been able to dictate their conditions to a large extent.”

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/global-health/science-and-disease/covid-vaccine-makers-blamed-onerous-contracts-dose-donations/

1 hour ago, Mick60 said:

Forgive my usual ignorance but what about the 500,000 moderna vaccines scheduled to arrive on the 5th? The 1.5 was for later. Is the initial batch affected by this?

Nope....the incoming 500K is partial fill of an order made months ago by the Private Hospital Association of Thailand and Thai Red Cross thru the govt GPO.   Not associated at all with this 1.5M doses which supposedly Poland it trying to donate to Thailand if Thailand can provide the paperwork that satisfies Poland's donation requirements.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

...BANGKOK (NNT) - Thammasat University has officially become the latest government entity authorized to import medicines related to COVID-19 prevention and treatment, including vaccines, as announced on the Government Gazette...

I'd like to see this announcement in the Government Gazette but can't find it. It is frustrating that every time a news article refers to something published in the Gazette, no link is given to it.