internet on darkside.

p414

I am using True internet [1000b a month].

I could download very fast until app 3 months ago.

Yesterday I downloaded a movie 2.72 GB that took 1 hour 50 minutes to download.

Has anyone on the darkside got any suggestions for a better internet subscription?

Thanks, in advance,for any response.

I know it is not a long term solution, but if you call the True call center and ask them to stop throttling your download, they will, at least temporarily. I'm not sure what they would do if you asked them to permanently disable the throttling or whether they even allowed to throttle your connection at all under their terms of service. Might be worth having a try at asking for a permanent stop to throttling.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, p414 said:

Has anyone on the darkside got any suggestions for a better internet subscription?

Just bought a TOT sim for my backup phone that I'm using as WiFi hotspot.

Max speed 4G and unlimited data one year for 1189 baht.

I'll report back here.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, p414 said:

Yesterday I downloaded a movie 2.72 GB that took 1 hour 50 minutes to download.

Wow that is too long...2 to 3 GB is the file size I download never any problem with True, downloading or live steaming NCAA and NFL games at the darkside.

Edited by Thailand J

TMN do fibre optic to the house, they have offices all over Pattaya, we currently get / pay for 50/20 Mbps at 1.066.93 inc vat.

Tech support is pretty good as well. You could pop into one of their offices for a list of their full menu of choices available.

Edited by Golden Triangle
Word missing

56 minutes ago, PoorSucker said:

I'll report back here.

Thanks for the reply but I live on the darkside.and use a P.C windows 10...

39 minutes ago, Thailand J said:

Wow that is too long...2 to 3 GB is the file size I download never any problem with True, downloading or live steaming NCAA and NFL games at the darkside.

Thanks for the info..True have informed me that my download speed is 'normal'

39 minutes ago, Golden Triangle said:

TMN do fibre optic to the house, they have offices all over Pattaya, we currently get / pay for 50/20 Mbps at 1.066.93 inc vat.

Tech support is pretty good as well. You could pop into one of their offices for a list of their full menu of choices available.

Thanks Golden .I have TMN for television. .I will check

their main office is not far from me.

I live on the Darkside and use True Move, one month about 800b (wife pays the exact amount), I haven't noticed any slowing down recently, but I remember a long time ago we had a slow down and the wife called them and technicians came out and checked the lines leading up to our home, then they called her back and said they had to replace some wire/box? And it was good again. 

Maybe call the call center and ask them to check the lines leading up to your place.  

Edit: Could the slow downloading be to the site you were d/l from?

Edited by bbko
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, p414 said:

Thanks for the reply but I live on the darkside.and use a P.C windows 10...

I live on KhaoTalo and use a PC with windows7.

I connect to WiFi to my phone set up as WifFi hotspot and works as an Internet router for my PC, tab, other phone.

Best part of is that I can use this solution on vacation or if I move.

21 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

I am paying 635 baht??? What speed do you have? I am running at around 440 mbps (if those are the correct units)

told the lady to speak to 3bb . supposed to be the highest 5G speed. but appears we’re paying too much. previous annual advance 5g deal which they later under cut by direct contact with others. right shysters.service fine though.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, WhiteBuffaloATM said:

told the lady to speak to 3bb . supposed to be the highest 5G speed. but appears we’re paying too much. previous annual advance 5g deal which they later under cut by direct contact with others. right shysters.service fine though.

Dual pricing...555

• Like 1

I pay about 800B for True internet at my house. It comes with free mobile internet which I use when I am at my condo and when i am travelling. Mobile data is not unlimited , I dont know what is the limit and what is the charge as i dont download or steam when I am not at my house. Also comes with basic True TV.

13 hours ago, p414 said:

Thanks for the info..True have informed me that my download speed is 'normal'

I also use True, and have noticed some speed issues streaming TV, particularly early evenings onwards, when I believe the International link is throttled back. I sometimes see benefit by putting a VPN in between. 

14 hours ago, PoorSucker said:

I'll report back here.

Now imagine everyone else in your neighborhood using that same SIM or a similar plan from someone else that uses the same provider.

Edited by shdmn
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, PoorSucker said:

I'll report back here.

Screenshot_2021-11-04-10-05-19-599.jpeg.64209505467d92cf1b47476574d3f5e5.jpegScreenshot_2021-11-04-10-36-05-361.jpeg.2c54c6c88b0581d7ccccc13b70b012ff.jpeg

Speed test from my tablet connected via WiFi to my backup phone I'm using as internet router. 

4 hours ago, shdmn said:

Now imagine everyone else in your neighborhood using that same SIM or a similar plan from someone else that uses the same provider.

I've been using this method when I lived in Sweden for the last two years. 

Has worked perfectly. 

Why should it be different from a line connection. 

If the provider has capacity it doesn't matter if it's wireless or not. 

This is a great solution instead of cable or fiber especially if you live out in the sticks. 

I can use it anywhere I have cellular coverage. 

I pay less than 100 baht per month for unlimited internet. 

I have a bachelor's degree in computer science. 

OP, movie download probably has nothing to do with your internet provider. Could be 100s of factors, like the speed of the server you are getting it from, speed of international links, broader internet traffic etc.

Its like saying your Ferrari is going slow in a traffic jam. It can only go 200 kilometres an hour on an open road with no other traffic.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, PoorSucker said:

Has worked perfectly. 

Why should it be different from a line connection. 

If the provider has capacity it doesn't matter if it's wireless or not. 

This is a great solution instead of cable or fiber especially if you live out in the sticks. 

I can use it anywhere I have cellular coverage. 

I pay less than 100 baht per month for unlimited internet. 

I have a bachelor's degree in computer science. 

Nonono !! wifi or straight connected by cable has always a difference .....from big to small difference

Edited by david555

8 minutes ago, david555 said:

Nonono !! wifi or straight connected by cable has always a difference .....from big to small difference

I know, was commenting on the capacity concern from the poster. 

I'm totally happy with 40-50 Mbps

I used to develop software that could use 9.8 Kbps

• Like 1

I live on the Darkside and had True Online till I got rid of it about 6 months ago. I had no internet for over a week and after many phone calls they finally sent a guy who went up a pole across from my house, and instantly my internet was working, but he never came to my house to explain or confirm that it was working. Over the years I had similar problems with them,, they just don't seem to care. So I quit them and signed up with AIS, , they are cheaper and the internet is excellent. I strongly suggest you check out AIS.  

2 hours ago, PoorSucker said:

Has worked perfectly. 

My Mrs got a wireless router from True that has a SIM card slot... seems a lot tidier than using a phone on Hotspot. Worked in town when I tested it... fine in rural Korat where she wanted to use it. I suspect a stronger signal than a phone puts out. 

Pretty sure it can't be too expensive knowing her.

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 1