Only six international travelers found with Covid-19 infections so far since the reopening, CAAT to issue more preventive announcements

snoop1130

21 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

I’m sorry this confuses you, I was just using the numbers your fellow anti-Vaxxer posted. I can’t vouch for his numbers.

What is uncontested is that vaccination reduces infection by about 90%. 

in case you were wondering, the number of hospitalized vaccinated individuals in the US is less than one percent, compared with the unvaccinated, in some areas.

Vaccination saves lives.

So typical when someone has a weak argument to resort to name calling such as anti vaxxer.    I am vaccinated.   Twice.   So you are as wrong on that as everything else you have said so far.   

Cherry picking stats from a very biased media does not make you a scientist.  Try backing up your claims with actual studies and providing links from these studies (not just newspaper opinion pieces), then you won't just look like the person posting made up stats ad nauseam over and over again.   

• Haha 2

33 minutes ago, CamaroZL1 said:

do you have any idea of there movements from the time they got tested to the time they actually got on the plane? No you dont.

That is true, however these people are fully vaccinated AND have been tested.
That would seem to indicate that either they contracted the disease despite having the vaccine within a 72 hour period, following their test.  Or alternatively these people had covid but the testing did not pick it up.  

1 minute ago, James105 said:

So typical when someone has a weak argument to resort to name calling such as anti vaxxer.    I am vaccinated.   Twice.   So you are as wrong on that as everything else you have said so far.   

Cherry picking stats from a very biased media does not make you a scientist.  Try backing up your claims with actual studies and providing links from these studies (not just newspaper opinion pieces), then you won't just look like the person posting made up stats ad nauseam over and over again.   

The mRNA-1273 vaccine showed 94.1% efficacy at preventing Covid-19 illness, including severe disease. Aside from transient local and systemic reactions, no safety concerns were identified.

Clinical trial published in the New England Journal of Medicine.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, sirineou said:

What people fail to consider is that the virus takes about three days after infection to be detected. So a person could had been infected two days before taking the first PCT test and still test negative. Hence the need for the  second test upon arrival. . 

That is true, however it is far more likely that the person arriving who has been tested and found negative and is fully vaccinated will be exposed to hundreds of people shortly after arriving in Thailand that have not been tested, not been vaccinated, and many who have active Covid. 

This process is like giving birth control pills to 60 year old women to stop unwonted pregnancies,  It is targeted at exactly the group least likely to have the problem.   You want to stop Covid, go and test the taxi drivers outside of the airport. You will stop far more than testing those arriving on flights. 

What they haven't said is were the 6 from the same plane or not? If not, lets say they are from different flights, and the other passengers will show no signs for up to 14 days, and they are leaving the airport to fan out over Thailand. If this happens everyday as flights arrive then in a few weeks time, what will happen?  Could it be a new ticking time bomb?

31 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

Actual figures from the UK here:   https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/1023849/Vaccine_surveillance_report_-_week_40.pdf

2 things to note here:

1.  This is not from a clinical trial back in February (pre delta) from a single trial and is the most recent real world numbers from a highly vaccinated country.

2.  Numbers do not care about your feelings.  

image.png.a126d211e0bb40bdae6b6f85db8cd99b.png

If you want to quote stats then perhaps you should use this from the same report (pay particular attention to the 'High confidence (bit highlighted in green) vs low confidence figures here related to "symptomatic disease" and not the infection efficacy which is "low confidence" as there is little evidence and results are inconclusive.    

image.png.fc2ff9502f1c9fb632724b4e97c953e0.png

• Confused 1

10 minutes ago, James105 said:

Actual figures from the UK here:   https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/1023849/Vaccine_surveillance_report_-_week_40.pdf

2 things to note here:

1.  This is not from a clinical trial back in February (pre delta) from a single trial and is the most recent real world numbers from a highly vaccinated country.

2.  Numbers do not care about your feelings.  

image.png.a126d211e0bb40bdae6b6f85db8cd99b.png

If you want to quote stats then perhaps you should use this from the same report (pay particular attention to the 'High confidence (bit highlighted in green) vs low confidence figures here related to "symptomatic disease" and not the infection efficacy which is "low confidence" as there is little evidence and results are inconclusive.    

image.png.fc2ff9502f1c9fb632724b4e97c953e0.png

You are very confused.

your stats show that vaccines are very effective in preventing Covid infection.

23 minutes ago, Longwood50 said:

That is true, however it is far more likely that the person arriving who has been tested and found negative and is fully vaccinated will be exposed to hundreds of people shortly after arriving in Thailand that have not been tested, not been vaccinated, and many who have active Covid. 

This process is like giving birth control pills to 60 year old women to stop unwonted pregnancies,  It is targeted at exactly the group least likely to have the problem.   You want to stop Covid, go and test the taxi drivers outside of the airport. You will stop far more than testing those arriving on flights. 

I agree , the vaccinated tourist arriving in Thailand have a lot more to fear from Thais than the other way around. 

Greece, a country that I know a lot about because of interests I have there, Opened up to vaccinated tourists from several countries this summer. as of august they had 6 million tourists with no significant imported covid cases. .

They did not require insurances and tests and all this other BS. They just concentrated in vaccinating their population. If you got sick in Greece, the greek goverment took care of you. The money they spend taking care of the few that got sick was insignificant to the money they made fro 6 million tourists. 

The same seems to be happening in Thailand also as far as imported infections are concerned, 6 out of what? 3,000? 

The Thai goverment need to stop the nonsense and get out of their own way. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, phetpeter said:

What they haven't said is were the 6 from the same plane or not? If not, lets say they are from different flights, and the other passengers will show no signs for up to 14 days, and they are leaving the airport to fan out over Thailand. If this happens everyday as flights arrive then in a few weeks time, what will happen?  Could it be a new ticking time bomb?

Sory, I don't mean disrespect to you, but that's nonsense ..

I think the passengers of these planes will get subjected to many more infected people while in thailand that the six they did on the plane.

Think about it. 

If their vaccine will protect them from the hundreds of infected people they come in contact while in Thailand, why would it not protect them from the six on the plane? 

And if their vaccine will not protect them from those in Thailand, then the six in the plane is the least of our concerns. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Farangus said:

I think these are not foreigners, but Thai citizens without vaccination or PCR test.  Otherwise, we would know the nationality of these 6 "dirty farangs"

Testing is not giving  100 percent correct results . But your assumption it is Thais returning could well be correct 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Danderman123 said:

I’m sorry this confuses you, I was just using the numbers your fellow anti-Vaxxer posted. I can’t vouch for his numbers.

What is uncontested is that vaccination reduces infection by about 90%. 

in case you were wondering, the number of hospitalized vaccinated individuals in the US is less than one percent, compared with the unvaccinated, in some areas.

Vaccination saves lives.

Vaccination doesn't reduce infection it just reduces the risk of serious disease to the vaccinated

• Like 1

16 hours ago, NanaSomchai said:

Well this is rather looking good, if the numbers keep being this low 0.0x% the Thai authorities might drop and/or lower some of the quarantines or insurance requirements in order to boost the tourism sector...

But then again this is Thailand, Thai logic defies everything...

You would think finding cases is exactly the reason you would not drop quarantine or insurance requirements surely.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

You are confused. 

Vaccines can prevent up to 90% of infections. 

That's why vaccination rate generally coincides with lower infection rates. 

And much lower transmission as well. And much less time transmissible.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, PoorSucker said:

In Sweden a company got caught not testing the samples just writing certificates and pocketing the money.

Around 100.000 certificates was issued by this company.

I was tested  in Finland in the cheapest company i paid for same day results they said 3 hours? Or something short 

It took si long I was sitting in the office a they started excuses.. A confused themselves 

Then it became time to close suddenly they gave me the documents... 

I had a, strange feeling 

I don't have covid 

I been tested twice just day ago all negative 

But itwas very suspicious behavior 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, PoorSucker said:

In Sweden a company got caught not testing the samples just writing certificates and pocketing the money.

Around 100.000 certificates was issued by this company.

In Spain as well, they were receiving Fit to Fly certificates, not even doing a Test

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Alotoftravel said:

Wish they also publish the stats of the infection rate on the Thai nationals arriving internationally too.

I wonder if it is the same since Thai airways does not require pcr test while boarding 

Thai Airways does require a negative PCR test before boarding.

2 hours ago, Longwood50 said:

That is true, however these people are fully vaccinated AND have been tested.
That would seem to indicate that either they contracted the disease despite having the vaccine within a 72 hour period, following their test.  Or alternatively these people had covid but the testing did not pick it up.  

Or a false positive in Thailand of course......

• Like 1

17 hours ago, NanaSomchai said:

Well this is rather looking good, if the numbers keep being this low 0.0x% the Thai authorities might drop and/or lower some of the quarantines or insurance requirements in order to boost the tourism sector...

But then again this is Thailand, Thai logic defies everything...

The Thai authorities, that is the unelected soldiers are probably getting brown envelopes from the hotels and insurance companies, the bungs they receive will  make sure that these people who rely on tourism for their livelihoods will just have to go without while the "authorities" keep on getting richer.

1 hour ago, sirineou said:

The same seems to be happening in Thailand also as far as imported infections are concerned, 6 out of what? 3,000? 

True and unless they tested the person again it might have been a false positive. 

One way or another it is far far more likely that the incoming fully vaccinated tourist will encounter numerous times during their stay in Thailand, local Thai's who are infected.  With less than 50% of Thailand fully vaccinated it is inconceivable that the incoming tourist will not routinely encounter locals that have active covid but perhaps are asymptomatic. 

This notion that somehow you can put a country in a cocoon to shield you from covid is pure nonsense.  The more logical approach is to ensure that everyone is vaccinated both incoming tourists and the local population.  Will that stop Covid, no.  You will still have some transmission not any different than the flu, malaria, HIV, hepatitis,  and TB.  The world will than just like the other transmittable diseases learn to treat them, and coexist. 

16 hours ago, asiam110 said:

One positive for the breakfast buffet, and not being awoken with their hotel corridor antics this xmas..

On a more serious note the infection rate is on par with what Singapore saw roughly, although Thailand probably need a few more days of data and for all the silly agencies to all be telling the same arrival numbers before hard conclusions can be drawn, suspect Thailand will be a little higher - Singapore only accepting vaccinations certs that are digitally verifiable - no paper, a smaller 48hr PCR window and a smaller number of VTL only flights, and no exceptions to PCR for their own nationals

If you are transiting at Singapore Changi airport do you need a "digital" vaccination card?  That would be odd because most countries don't even have them.  I did hear about the pcr test 48 hours before departure to SG.  

17 hours ago, Longwood50 said:

what vaccine were they reportedly inoculated with. 

Yes indeed, it would be very interesting to know. As here in Cambodia, I believe two "jabs" of either Sinovac or Sinopharm are regarded as being fully vaccinated by Thailand. For me, I am fully vaccinated with 2 jabs of Sinovac and have my Vaccination Card to show, however should I have to return to the UK then big problems for me with Sinovac on arrival.  On return to Cambodia, no problems.