Government spokesman defends Prayut’s order to grow coriander on military units

webfact

1 hour ago, sirineou said:

I dont know what you are all complaining about.

It is welcome news to me!! I haven't been able to sleep well for a week now since the prices of "coriander" started to go up. 

By "Coriander" they mean  mary jane  , right? :w00t:

I feel your pain. I lost $5mln shorting coriander futures before the price hike and lost my a**.

Oh well, win some, lose some.

????

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

So now he is some farming and vegetable growing expert, as well as infectious diseases? 

Never underestimate his abilities or expertise... ????

A real Jack of all trades is he. 

Many young men conscripted into the Thai army serve their time by doing menial chores as servants for the

officers . At least two ex army prime ministers have permanent rent free homes within army compounds.

I suppose the young men will now be growing coriander and the income from the sale  will go to who ???

2 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Imagine this creep actually doing something to benefit the people? Who are his PR people? Not very creative. Cilantro. Bah humbug. 

"benefit the people"?

It's "military farmland" which implies owned by the military. As such it is the military which often seems to act as a sovereign entity in its own right that benefits first.

What's next - government subsidies for the military to make produce from its farmland?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, djayz said:

Never underestimate his abilities or expertise... ????

Never underestimate overestimate his abilities or expertise... 

As María Antuanet said when informed that the peasants did not have bread ,

" Let them eat Coriander"   LOL

What a bunch of clowns.

I don't begrudge them for doing it. But why publicize it? did they think it would win him favor with the masses?  

4 hours ago, jippytum said:

Many young men conscripted into the Thai army serve their time by doing menial chores as servants for the

officers . At least two ex army prime ministers have permanent rent free homes within army compounds.

I suppose the young men will now be growing coriander and the income from the sale  will go to who ???

Sure they will be better off farming than if they had to go to war. These “ladyboys” aren’t really war-material…

12 hours ago, JWRC said:

I remember not too long ago coriander shot up to 240 per kg. Extended family thought they would get on the band wagon, paid for a tractor to plough the land and then paid labour to put in 5 Rai of Coriander.  By the time it was ready for picking the price had dropped back to pre price hike. and the whole exercise had actually cost them money.

Normal Thai critical thinking, not unlike opening a coffee shop on every corner because the first one was doing good business... ????

Edited by Artisi
  • Like 1