Thai PM urges relevant government agencies to fix “Thailand Pass” system after many did not receive QR code

webfact

4 hours ago, nobodysfriend said:

U r joking ?

Well that's what my Thai wife will have to do overseas before returning. 

Doesn't have a computer or printer or the slightest clue about uploading documents. 

She will HAVE to rely on local embassy staff to do the whole thing for her.

Plenty of other overseas Thais and elderly people who would also be in her position !

• Like 2

6 hours ago, micmichd said:

Why go home at the airlines's expense? The airlines should be able to check everything before you're boarding a flight. 

You want to put the onus/responsibilities on the airlines and their check-in staff, then understand that you will need to arrive at the airport 8hours before departure ! Not a fair nor realistic solution.

• Thanks 1

I don't know how anyone is getting approved. I keep learning new information.  Just found out from hotel I have to pay for Covid testing through their bank before I can apply. This was after finding out the ShaPlus hotel I booked earlier does not help with any of this. So cancel that hotel, find new one. They were fairly quick responding, and offering assistance. Hopefully now I have all the required JPG docs, with the right kind of email account. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Denny Dillon said:

I don't know how anyone is getting approved. I keep learning new information.  Just found out from hotel I have to pay for Covid testing through their bank before I can apply. This was after finding out the ShaPlus hotel I booked earlier does not help with any of this. So cancel that hotel, find new one. They were fairly quick responding, and offering assistance. Hopefully now I have all the required JPG docs, with the right kind of email account. 

Yes, my hotel just confirmed my booking, and they are sending separate payment information for the hotel plus the hospital, so this is normal I think with all hotels.

2 hours ago, billd766 said:

I would like to amend your post to read,

Arrogance and Ineptitude are a dangerous mix, and so typical of the Thai leadership and of the Thai beaurocracy, and not of the Thai people as a whole.

Disagree, but OK choke dee selling that one! ????

• Like 2

11 hours ago, webfact said:

Prayut Chan-O’Cha yesterday, November 7th, has ordered relevant Thai agencies to improve the “Thailand Pass” system after multiple applicants reportedly did not receive the QR Code for checking in.

ITS NOT OUR FAULT ????

People heading to Thailand have been warned to beware of a fake registration website that looks very credible, while officials on Sunday listed four reasons why some Thailand Pass applicants did not receive a QR code.

As for not receiving a QR code after registering for a Thailand Pass, Foreign Ministry spokesman Tanee Sangrat said this may be because:

• The user did not upload a Covid-19 vaccination passport or the document was not clear
  • The information and attached documents do not meet requirements, such as bookings at a hotel that is not linked to hospitals listed for an RT-PCR test
  • Re-entering the information several times
  • Incorrect email address or accounts whose storage is full

Officials have also detected that Hotmail accounts are not able to receive replies from the Foreign Ministry. Microsoft Corp is working to solve the problem.

https://www.nationthailand.com/in-focus/40008514?fbclid=IwAR3SZHi8Kb0hlsLLo4M9_J2SqEuSGDNqsmNf7HWk6xL-3Jd78cjnmaX5ihg

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, scorecard said:

I can't even complete the initial registration.

It includes 'why going to Thailand' I clicked on 'Returning to Thailand' because I hold PR and I'm going home, permanently/forever to my family in LOS.

Then it asks 'how many days?'

Truth is I am an old man and I will probably never leave my Thai family/Thailand again. I left the box blank, I inserted 1, and 99. None accepted.

Any other PR holders completed the initial TP registration? What did you insert in the box 'How many days'?

Thanks.

I got an answer from the Thai Embassy in Canberra - insert 999.

It worked, my full registration is now submitted and receipt confirmed.

Confirmation e.mail says 'Answer within 7 days'. We wait and see.

• Like 2

It'll be easier to just lockdown the country! 

If you are seriously going to attempt any online fixes then have a look at 90 day report and TM30 too! 

Maybe they need to hire an overseas tester for QA....but they will do it without issuing a work permit I'm sure. 

Edited by QPRFC

12 minutes ago, scorecard said:

I got an answer from the Thai Embassy in Canberra - insert 999.

It worked, my full registration is now submitted and receipt confirmed.

Confirmation e.mail says 'Answer within 7 days'. We wait and see.

555 I hope you won't get a rejection after 7 days because of your unusually long stay. It's crazy how a machine software forces people to enter mad data.

3 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Thai public urges relevant agencies and psychiatrists to fix the PM. So, that he will be able to engage in actual work and be a productive man. And perhaps he will somehow develop some leadership skills, and raise his approval rating over 1%.

But he’s doing so well cultivating coriander though……..   Doesn’t THAT count as productivity?

Forget everything.

The most relevant and important solution is to have the whole Thai population vaccinated.

If and when this does happen surely it's the time to open.

The world press is bad enough now. I can only imagine what will be said when tourists begin arriving home with Covid.

Thais first, tourists second.

Maybe I am wrong or missing something.

8 hours ago, keemapoot said:

You are right, the image format is already a pain. If you have any document saved in PDF, you will have to reformat it to jpg or other image format, otherwise you cannot upload it. I started my application yesterday, but have been unable to complete for many reasons, including waiting for my hotel confirmation of the booking. I strongly suspect I will have to start the entire application over again once all the exact specifications have been assembled, but you don't know that until you start. Very errant system.

I would have thought a 'screenshot' would have captured the pdf file in the appropriate jpg format?

54 minutes ago, PETERTHEEATER said:

Is that his nickname?

Well he deserves some sort of Corporal punishment, after this Major Disaster - he is after all at the Kernel (Colonel) of things. 

But I'd Warrant (Officer) that nothing will change..in public or Private unless he (Field) Marshalls the right squad. ????

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, zzaa09 said:

Tested prior to flight

My test before flying was to spit in a tube at a beauty parlor.

Paid for PCR test and got my certificate same day.

There's no regulation about what certificates are accepted.

It's the biggest scam going on right now.

Pay some cash for a certificate without them actually testing.

I took my test in Sweden so it's not a third world country.

One company got busted in Sweden for issuing 100.000 phony certificates in June.

I flew in September and feel my test probably also was fake.

6 hours ago, kennw said:

So 0.075% of incoming people found to be positive so far, put another way 99.925% of people test OK. Where is the problem? 

The problem (read article) is the chaos from the app. Has absolutely nothing to do with how many person's entering with/out covid.

5 minutes ago, PoorSucker said:

My test before flying was to spit in a tube at a beauty parlor.

Paid for PCR test and got my certificate same day.

There's no regulation about what certificates are accepted.

It's the biggest scam going on right now.

Pay some cash for a certificate without them actually testing.

I took my test in Sweden so it's not a third world country.

One company got busted in Sweden for issuing 100.000 phony certificates in June.

I flew in September and feel my test probably also was fake.

sounds to me like your angry because you had to pay