Anyone been offered booster shots yet?

ivor bigun

16 hours ago, ivor bigun said:

has anyone had an offer of a booster shot ,i have had 2 az shots ,booster due jan or feb ,just wondering if they are being offered?

I think they will be a long ways off as they still have to vaccinate a lot of Thai's at the moment with the USA recently wanting to donate a million doses of Moderna which they are putting forward to parliament, go figure.

You could ask around for a Moderna shot as I am sure a lot of expats who paid for them previous to knowing that the USA was donating Pfizer to expats and Thai front line workers who had their Pfizer jabs won't be needing them, others will, otherwise it will be a wait in my opinion.

Edited by 4MyEgo

18 minutes ago, bbko said:

It's not a matter of being offered, vaccines are available it's a matter of the individual going out and asking for it.  

There is something in that but not quite that straightforward.

I have had 3 jabs, Thai-UK-Thai, but when I went for the second in Thailand a couple of weeks ago they checked my history on Mor Phrom.

Just like the UK you have to qualify for a "booster".

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, newnative said:

I had 2 shots of Sinovac and was given an AZ booster.  All in Pattaya.

As a matter of interest, did you get a new certificate with all 3 jabs listed?

I saw someone post a certificate a couple of weeks ago that had a 3 jab listing although his 3rd was blank.

Surprised me a bit as the one I got about the same time only had space for 2 jabs.

I got end of June and  a Moderna booster some 3 weeks ago. But that was thanks to the  marvellous French foreign service. We have also ordered 8 doses of Moderna which we'll [try to] use a boosters during Q1/Q2 2022.

Vive la République!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, sandyf said:

I have had 3 jabs, Thai-UK-Thai, but when I went for the second in Thailand a couple of weeks ago they checked my history on Mor Phrom.

True in a way but you still need to apply for it but only get it after 3-6 months of your second Vax depending on your Vax. You can apply either through True or AIS if you have subscriptions: 

https://vaccine.trueid.net/

https://vaccineforthais.ais.th/Reserve/Login

There have been a number of general media articles and medical journal articles recently on this issue.  If you have had the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines, the recommendation is that you have a booster 6 months after your last vaccine.  Most Thai health care workres who received 2 shots of the Chinese vaccines have already received a Pfizer booster, and they will need another one 6 months after their first Pfizer.  Many Thai military personnel, most of who also received 2 Chinese vaccine shots, have also received a AZ booster shot, and they too will need a booster after 6 months.  Considering that currently the new global COVID-19 cases are around 500,000 per day, and numbers are increaing again is some countries, eg Germany and Viet Nam, a 4th booster maybe on the cards.

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, sandyf said:

I saw someone post a certificate a couple of weeks ago that had a 3 jab listing although his 3rd was blank.

Surprised me a bit as the one I got about the same time only had space for 2 jabs.

I never got anything in paper form for any of the shots.  My Thai partner says the information on the 2 shots is on the Mor Phrom app, which we used.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sandyf said:

Not sure I follow. You say Thai-uk-thai, meaning 1st Thai, 2nd UK, 3rd Thai? Then you went for 2nd in Thailand? But you already had 2nd in UK, and 3rd in Thailand. Are you looking for a 4th?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sandyf said:

I got 2 Sinovac and an AstraZaneca booster. Initially the AZ didn't appear on my Vax cert, so I waited a few days as instructed, then went back to the Vax centre where the AZ was administered. Eventually was taken to a desk where a guy with a laptop manually updated Morprom. Job done. Vax cert shows all 3. Used it to book a yellow Vax passport. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sandyf said:

Here we go, the "my vaccine is better than your vaccine" saga again.

Sorry to disappoint you and your desire for hostility, but it's much more of a "the Thai people deserved a decent vaccine from the start" saga.

1 hour ago, sandyf said:

McCarthyism alive and kicking.

How on Earth is the idea of people being allowed access to a decent vaccine McCarthyism?  What a bizarre leap.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sandyf said:

A mate just got an AZ booster this morning in Bang Sue, following two Sinovacs a few months ago.  I just asked him what he got and he has replied saying it'll be on the app in three days.  No certificate received.

Let's be clear here.

It is Thai government policy to try to booster people that got two Sinovac doses.

However it is not current Thai government policy to boost those that got two Astra doses.

They have our history. Lying won't work.

Hopefully that policy will change later.

To add getting a third Astra dose is an effective booster too.

So if we have had two jabs in the UK, we could buy a Moderna from someone who doesn't need it and use that as a booster? Second question, how long are the first two jabs going to be recognised for travel abroad, i.e how long are they valid? Thanks...

I'm curious about the medical implications of getting an Mrna booster after two AZ doses earlier or later than the optimal time. I think the optimal time is 6 months after the second dose. Correct me if I'm wrong. So I'm assuming 5 or 7 months later? But how about 9 months or a year later? 

Edited by Jingthing