Who is traveling to Thailand now that international airlines have returned 80% of their slots?

webfact

14 minutes ago, Benmart said:

Well said.

It was why I scheduled my flights to the US in January with a return here in February, hoping the bugs would be ironed out, but I did by a fully refundable fare just in case the feces hits the fan.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ezzra said:

2 kind of people are traveling to Thailand now, those who must and those how thinks that visiting Thailand and  it's fun to to go trough all the hassles of endless documents, jabs and insurance is worth it...

Yes, 2 kinds of people, desperate or stupid!!!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Nigeone said:

Been sitting tight for months now hoping it would sort itself out and I could believe the efforts they were making . I'm glad I did because I was desperate to visit to catch up with a good friend , no its not a girl and I'm not gay lol , but I still dont believe their figures and theres not a chance in hell I would even attempt to go through the rigmarole needed to currently go . Instead I'm off to Portugal for 4 weeks , no restrictions , test on arrival and thats it. No stupid exorbitant insurance apart from a normal travel insurance that I always take out anyway at £65. Limited mask wearing and everything open so its a no brainer really. I know two travel agents where I live and there not booking anyone to Thailand apart from a few Thai nationals . So thats me now ,unless something drastic happens to improve the deal , till next November as not coming from April till October for obvious reasons. 

You are sure is open ? Best check, now is close on this indication  https://www.kayak.com/travel-restrictions/portugal?origin=th

1 hour ago, jaiyen said:

There is no way that airlines have taken up 80% of the slots. Most planes are still parked up and it will be months before they are even ready to fly, pilots are retrained and staff are brought back, but only if there is a demand for them, which there isn't.

Reading and comprehension difficulties? ???? 

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, Stefanix said:

I dont understand all the negativity. I see only two issues: The risk of hospitalisation because someone around you during the journey has been tested positively and the mask wearing. The risk of catching covid yourself is very slim with the appropriate precautions. I am here on a 14 day vacation using TP. TP works and is doable, only the approval has been a bit slow.  The mask wearing in that climate is really annoying and unnecessary outside, but seems to be expected as almost everyone wears one. Besides this, of course the bar scene is dead. Maybe its not such a big loss for Thailand to be free from those coming just for this. 

Ah,someone who assesses a situation based on the anecdotal evidence of ONE . ???? 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, HaoleBoy said:

The gov talks about their "6 International Airports" ... I believe only 2 - BKK and Phuket - are seeing any international flights.

Chiang Mai did have 1 flight last Fri from S Korea, but are any others getting flights and tourists coming in?

May I mention Hua-hin, Air Asia is flying from there to KL/Malaysia

1 hour ago, internationalism said:

and they have forgotten about buriram airport, to which they expect charter flights.

It's the city from where the transport minister is and from where bhumjaithai political party has it's mafia roots. Probably they count on marihuana tourists coming for legal treatments

Sadly for Buriram it looks like they have also lost their Moto GP slot for 2022 as Thailand has (not surprisingly ) been removed from the calendar

https://www.motogp.com/en/calendar

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, seedy said:

83 tourists arrived on a Jeju Air flight from South Korea's Incheon airport.

The flight touched down in Chiang Mai at 10.05pm.

https://aseannow.com/topic/1238431-chiang-mai-welcomes-83-foreign-tourists-on-reopening/

Yes, but it wasn't a schedule flight has the op explained. They chartered the flight into CNX and then all staying at a golf resort in Lamphun province 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, ezzra said:

2 kind of people are traveling to Thailand now, those who must and those how thinks that visiting Thailand and  it's fun to to go trough all the hassles of endless documents, jabs and insurance is worth it...

There is a 3rd kind; those that think nothing of paying someone else to handle the hassles.

31 minutes ago, HashBrownHarry said:

Totally agree, the requirements are not that difficult to comply with.

People expecting things to go back to normal ( pre-covid ) are likely never to travel again......

Exactly. 

Edited by Mentors65
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, HaoleBoy said:

The gov talks about their "6 International Airports" ... I believe only 2 - BKK and Phuket - are seeing any international flights.

Chiang Mai did have 1 flight last Fri from S Korea, but are any others getting flights and tourists coming in?

I was peacefully sitting outside the other day, when I heard some engine noise over my heard. Shocked, I asked my girlfriend what was going on. She explained to me Chiang Mai airport was open to Korean flights. It was almost as surprising when I saw a Tuk Tuk when exercising the other day, and asked my girlfriend: "Oh. They still make Tuk Tuk in Thailand?", as it had been years since I had seen one!