Thailand Pass support hotlines expanded

snoop1130

The hotline numbers have 3 cell phones and one fixed line....no toll free numbers....will they work? or will the cell phone numbers be busy with FB searches....

This whole thing is serious...people are giving up their applications......

I have a family member who is at the "give up stage"!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, rupert the bear said:

i am puzzled by this.people are usually overseas when they apply as they wish to come t thailand on holidays?is that a correct assumption?is this some type of einstein like breakthru im purporting to make?i dont know what to say,stupidity incompetence and arrogance.why dont they let people walk in the embassy with the paperwork look at it and print them out a form,end of story,i have spoken to several people who started the process most gave up said$%^& that and went elsewhere a few stuck at it and were stressed to the bone,the ins seemed to be part f the problem i ve a buddy with 2 kids he wanted t come for 2 weeks but the airfares and then this ins scam its another 50 quid a head 200,naaaah we are off to sharm al sheik.also no one seems able to pick up the phone and answer a simple question at the embassy [the same disease the uk emb here has!!must get passed around at the cocktail parties,very contagious], get annoyed when u point out the system doesnt work and youve booked a flight already,well its all over u tube,check it out ,its a bundle of laughs!

I'm with you. Local numbers do no good if you are out of the country. Are they really trying for foreign tourists? Makes you wonder about the who they are are trying to reel in as I don't think people in Thailand need the Thailand Pass. 

• Like 1

Call centers are useless and it costs people money. Those workers at the call center can sell your personal information to hackers. It is happening a lot nowadays.
The best way is to just do it in the old fashioned way by submitting all your documents to the embassies in person or by mail to check. If it’s all ok then the embassies can issue a QR code. 

• Like 1

Well, the pr1cks do not want to hear this but a much easier solutions what the rest of the world does.

Vaccinated - allowed to land
Unvaccinated - go elsewhere

Would do away with all that typical Thai avalanche of bureaucracy which never works, see all those IT facilitating "helpers" like this Thailand Pass, Mor Phrom as well as all those funny little ideas of the immigration with TM 1 - 21,704 (plus the 90-days nightmare website). 

Hundreds of thousands have chosen to spend their money elsewhere on the planet and Thailand screwed itself oncemore again by wrongly assuming, that the dirty farang and alien can be commanded around as those Thai government officials please. 

Beaches, nice hotels, good food, safe environment, nightlife and girlies are available ....... not in Thailand but anywhere else. 

The one-night quarantine at THB 6'000/night in a hotel, treated like if you have Ebola, a cold Pat Kapraw at THB 400 ........ welcome to Thailand. 

The internet is already read OUTside Thailand, just in case someone was uncertain about that! 

• Thanks 2

10 hours ago, JCP108 said:

I didn't have any "issues submitting" my application. My issue is that they have not approved my application. Has been seven days.

Did you log in and check the status?  That’s a new feature they’ve added.  Not sure if they’ll email you if it’s rejected. They might just move it aside :-((

24 minutes ago, robertson468 said:

So, if I'm in the UK and I amongst many others are having a problem registering on the Thailand Pass site, I need to make a (very) long distance call, in the hope that someone will answer within a few minutes and that the operator can speak/understand English and is IT competent.  Where does Thailand get these Ministers/Officials from?  Apps should be designed as "user friendly", not designed by people who sadly do not think logically, or have a concern that it actually works and has trialed the system for several days before launching it.  The Country has now become the laughing stock of the Travel Industry and all the other Countries are so pleased, because Tourists are going anywhere but Thailand!  Our little Resort has had four cancellations already, as people eventually became frustrated and decided to go elsewhere.

Would you suggest they place support in each country ? 

Skype can make cheap calls. 

Once the bugs are ironed out the Thailand Pass application is very simple & user friendly. 
It had an appalling start because it wasn’t beta tested, essentially the first users (first week) were the beta testers !!! 

It was very careless and stupid of Thailand to rollout the Thailand Pass site without testing.
But, I believe it’s operating now without bugs & approval times are < 3 days (so I’ve read, not sure if that is true?) 

Edited by richard_smith237