Thailand’s nightlife venues to reopen on Jan 16, subject to assessment

snoop1130

20 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

When was there a December 1st announcement of re-opening of nightlife venues and by whom?

Bars to open 1 December
12 Oct 2021, 1:14 AM
My wife just reading to me from Thai media, Prime Minister has announced all bars can open wef 1 December.

https://www.tripadvisor.in/ShowTopic-g293915-i3686-k13698277-Bars_to_open_1_December-Thailand.html

The date of reopening entertainment venues, pubs, bars and karaoke joints across Thailand was shifted from December 1 to January 15 on Friday.

https://www.nationthailand.com/in-focus/40008737

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, smedly said:

the slow death of Thai tourism happening right before our eyes, I feel privileged to witness it first hand.

Never thought I could ever possibly say this but - Thaksin please come back

Anyone please come except a soldier.

• Like 1

It was mentioned as being considered, that's all.

January 16th is confirmed...

"Pubs, bars and karaoke bars, located in restricted and “sandbox” areas, are given until January 16th to make preparations and improvements ahead of evaluation by assessment committees in each province.

Venues which pass the assessment will be registered and allowed to reopen for business and must strictly comply with the safety measures." 

"There will be no coup, or there won't be a coup". These exact words also came from the lying mouth of this soldier who is also masquerading as a PM, we all know what happened then.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Burma Bill said:
21 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

When was there a December 1st announcement of re-opening of nightlife venues and by whom?

Bars to open 1 December
12 Oct 2021, 1:14 AM
My wife just reading to me from Thai media, Prime Minister has announced all bars can open wef 1 December.

https://www.tripadvisor.in/ShowTopic-g293915-i3686-k13698277-Bars_to_open_1_December-Thailand.html

The date of reopening entertainment venues, pubs, bars and karaoke joints across Thailand was shifted from December 1 to January 15 on Friday.

https://www.nationthailand.com/in-focus/40008737

Very good, a Tripadvisor comment (!) with no link to the alleged statement saying that entertainment areas etc. "would be allowed to re-open on December 1st"!    Hearsay...or lies.  Who cares what an anonymous Tripadvisor's wife says without the actual quote?

The linked Nation article did not say that re-opening had been confirmed as happening on Dec 1st, either!

I dispute that any statement has been made by any government agency confirming that "bars, etc., will be allowed to re-open on December 1st".     So far, I'm right.

Edited by Liverpool Lou

7 hours ago, ftpjtm said:

November 1st was officially announced, there was no announcement of entertainment restrictions lifting on December 1st...that's probably why you don't know where you read it.   Thaivisa speculators don't count!

Here, for one,

https://www.pattayamail.com/thailandnews/thailand-lifts-quarantine-nov-1-alcohol-in-bars-and-restaurants-dec-1-375347

From your own link!...

"In addition, by 1st December, Thailand will also consider allowing the consumption of alcoholic beverages in restaurants as well as the operation of pub, bars and other entertainment venues".

A "consideration" is not a "confirmation"!    So thanks for confirming what I have been saying!

7 hours ago, morocco said:

November 1st was officially announced, there was no announcement of entertainment restrictions lifting on December 1st...that's probably why you don't know where you read it.   Thaivisa speculators don't count!

Well I remember reading it. 

You may think that you remember reading it but so far no one has been able to come up with anything that stated that "bars, etc., would be allowed to open on 1st December", including you.    

3 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

You may think that you remember reading it but so far no one has been able to come up with anything that stated that "bars, etc., would be allowed to open on 1st December", including you.    

I did but you ignored it as you will no doubt ignore again and claim you are still right.

"The prime minister said the government will allow restaurants and other places to sell alcohol by Dec 1 to promote tourism and the entertainment sector as people plan to celebrate the new year."

From a B.P. article Oct 11th

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, sandrew33 said:

Any visitors will have made their bookings for the next month or so in full awareness of the current nightlife restrictions as no announcements have been made confirming the opening of entertainment areas before this one.  This is not a tightening up of restrictions, it's an easing.

Expand  

The largest operator of bars/clubs in Thailand expressed surprise and disappointment at the announcement yesterday. It was their understanding that venue reopening was imminent and that was based on advice from government. 

So that was (proabably) the Nana Group's "understanding", based on no official announcement that would have been available to visitors making holiday bookings.   How could that have any relevance to visitors' (who did not have that information) decisions to come here?

16 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

"The prime minister said the government will allow restaurants and other places to sell alcohol by Dec 1 to promote tourism and the entertainment sector as people plan to celebrate the new year."

in the same speech by the PM

That's what you're saying without the quote's details!   Where was that quote lifted from?  By the way, restaurants were allowed to sell alcohol from 1st November.     Even so, that "quote" of yours does not say that bars etc. will be allowed to re-open on 1st December which is what my comments are relating to!

• Haha 2

It's lucky the Thai's being Buddhist don't celebrate Christmas, because it's going to be rubbish, little or no money about, gotta feel for them.

The suicide rate is increasing, it seems there's very lite to smile about in the LoS!

You would think that the conglomerate TCC Group 

You conglomerates TCC Group run by the Sirivadhanabhakdi family the head of which is reported to be worth in excess of $10 billion would use this situation as a PR opportunity and donate food to the needy? 

I've heard that the government has actually put this to the chairman and unfortunately not surprisingly drawn a total blank!

1 minute ago, Dont confuse me said:

It's lucky the Thai's being Buddhist don't celebrate Christmas, because it's going to be rubbish, little or no money about, gotta feel for them.

The suicide rate is increasing, it seems there's very lite to smile about in the LoS!

You conglomerates TCC Group run by the Sirivadhanabhakdi family the head of which is reported to be worth in excess of $10 billion would use this situation as a PR opportunity and donate food to the needy? 

I've heard that the government has actually put this to the chairman and unfortunately not surprisingly drawn a total blank!

Nice people don't become millionaires/billionaires.

4 minutes ago, Dont confuse me said:

The least they could do is share their profits from their investment with Sinovac with the Thai people who need it most.

19 hours ago, rott said:

I don't dispute that; what is being discussed is the incorrect interpretation of "may be considered" as meaning "official announcement", in some posters minds.

In today's BP the spokesman for the CCSA said the PLAN for reopening on 1st December had been deferred. 

Yes, we all know that; there was a plan, as was there a consideration but no decision had been made.   No announcement has ever been made that specifically confirmed that bars etc. would be allowed to re-open on 1st December.

If they do reopen Pattaya bars etc , I will not be surprised if there are opening time restrictions such as closing at 9 or 10 00 pm .

and to the guys who are openly drinking in no alcohol allowed bars , you are playing with fire and are sitting ducks for the out of pocket police . Better off taking a trip to Phuket.

20 hours ago, 2long said:

It was mentioned as being considered, that's all.

January 16th is confirmed...

"Pubs, bars and karaoke bars, located in restricted and “sandbox” areas, are given until January 16th to make preparations and improvements ahead of evaluation by assessment committees in each province.

Venues which pass the assessment will be registered and allowed to reopen for business and must strictly comply with the safety measures." 

Expand  

You really are picking holes and maybe avoiding some phrases in order to make your point more valid.

" may be allowed to reopen from January 16th, on the condition that.. "

We were never promised Dec 1st, but it was spoken by His Lordship.

Jan 16th looks no different to me than Dec 1st.

But Liverpool Lau(d mouth) is getting plenty of posts out there to prove us all wrong.

"We were never promised Dec 1st, but it was spoken by His Lordship".

You're right, there was never any promise that bars etc. would be allowed to re-open on 1st December.  Prayut did not say that bars would be allowed to re-open on 1st December, if he did  post the link here. 

Thanks for confirming my point that has proved you wrong  but it's a shame that you had to revert to an insult.

Edit:  You may laugh but...

Edited by Liverpool Lou
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, bkksteve123 said:

Here's an idea: only open bars where staff are fully vaccinated, and only allow fully vaccinated customers to enter. Is this not what you've been working towards the past 1.5 years? If you're not willing to do that now, what hope is there that we ever return to normalcy? There has to be some middleground for entertainment venues as has been for other sectors.

COVID will be here for the foreseeable future. It's not much worse than other diseases and vaccination rates are getting high enough in Thailand. I think we've all had enough at this point, it's exhausting. People scared of catching COVID and dying from it, please, do not go to high risk events or bars. Let the rest of us live our lives.

Hey...we could introduce "vaccination passports".

Anyone thought of that? ???? ????

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, ftpjtm said:

From the current announcement;

"may be allowed to reopen from January 16th"

Should we be more encouraged by the current verbiage than the previous?

In a word.....NO!

21 hours ago, JayClay said:

Thanks for confirming that there has been no announcement of further re-opening on December 1st...

By Dec 1, we will also consider allowing the consumption of alcoholic beverages in restaurants, as well as the reopening of entertainment venues..."

"Consider" does not mean "re-open".

Expand  

Exactly. I even think they said they would consider the possibility of reopening the bars.

He's actually kept to his word this time... He promised to consider by Dec 1. Here we are on Nov 12th and it's already been considered.

The conclusion sucks, but there you go...

Thanks for that!   It's a pity that I'm getting so much flack for being able to read what was actually said and made available in the media.

4 hours ago, MrJ2U said:

I think thats it.

They don't want to tell the people what they already know.

The pandemic is still raging and the majority of the people are vaccinated with subpar vaccines.

By January the whole country most likely be struggling under the weight of COVID-19 cases.

Sounds apocalyptic..

In the mean time Cambodia is opening the nightclubs and the KTVs from 1st of December. Only 6 covid deaths yesterday, 84% of the population fully vaccinated, 2 million boosters administered. Mostly Chinese vaccines.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NanaSomchai said:

THIS. 2000% THIS.

If they could come up with an elaborated scheme on how to fleece you out of your earned ca$h as soon as you set afoot at Swampy then put your farang ass on your return plane right away back home, they'd do it in a heartbeat.

KBMVRjuxLW-SAltVAU8DZsrOkAHnyKVHF7iG-CJ3Y4A.jpg?auto=webp&s=599eb99f062e57563e06363fda056c4e65bf1f28

He seems to be getting good value for his money.  In the home countries he'll exceed the ATM daily withdrawal limit for these two.

• Like 2