Sandbox (Pattaya)

Dancer57

Are you in what is called ‘Pattaya Blue Zone’ system ?

https://www.tatnews.org/2021/10/quarantine-free-thailand-reopening-for-vaccinated-tourists-from-1-november-2021/

Thus: are you vaccinated but not from one of the 63 low risk countries, arrived in U-Tapao and quarantine for 7 days? 

As far as I know there are no regulations or restrictions on those who are Sandboxing other than you must ‘spend the night’ at the SHA+ hotel and could not leave the Island.  That was the Sandbox regulation in Phuket.

I still do not see any information or requirements stating you have to remain in their hotel after 6pm ?

My ‘guess’ is that the hotel have made this up - just stay out later, what can they do?

2 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Are you in what is called ‘Pattaya Blue Zone’ system ?

https://www.tatnews.org/2021/10/quarantine-free-thailand-reopening-for-vaccinated-tourists-from-1-november-2021/

Thus: are you vaccinated but not from one of the 63 low risk countries, arrived in U-Tapao and quarantine for 7 days? 

As far as I know there are no regulations or restrictions on those who are Sandboxing other than you must ‘spend the night’ at the SHA+ hotel and could not leave the Island.  That was the Sandbox regulation in Phuket.

I still do not see any information or requirements stating you have to remain in their hotel after 6pm ?

My ‘guess’ is that the hotel have made this up - just stay out later, what can they do?

Fully vaccinated but had been in a higher risk country for work within 21 days of arrival 

14 hours ago, Dancer57 said:

Fully vaccinated but had been in a higher risk country for work within 21 days of arrival 

which country ?

the current rules as of 1st Nov is that anyone arriving after that date and is fully vaccinated is required to take a PCR test on arrival and wait in a SHA hotel for the result - if you have not come from one of the 63 approved countries then you are involved in a whole set of different rules - 

IMO you are being bull ### either way 

maybe more info would help - like when you arrived and from what country - what you were told you needed to do upon arrival etc - as stated above it all changed on 1st Nov, as for Sanbox rules I have never heard of be in by 6pm - are you an adult lol

27 minutes ago, smedly said:

which country ?

the current rules as of 1st Nov is that anyone arriving after that date and is fully vaccinated is required to take a PCR test on arrival and wait in a SHA hotel for the result - if you have not come from one of the 63 approved countries then you are involved in a whole set of different rules - 

IMO you are being bull ### either way 

maybe more info would help - like when you arrived and from what country - what you were told you needed to do upon arrival etc - as stated above it all changed on 1st Nov, as for Sanbox rules I have never heard of be in by 6pm - are you an adult lol

Came from the UK but had been in Cameroon working within 21 days of leaving the UK.

I know the Sandbox rules because I jumped through all the thai pass hoops and did the PCR on arrival.

Spoke to the Hotel manager last night and they say it was required by the ministry of public health but could not produce evidence. Not seen this on any website or government page telling people they can travel within the Sandbox area. Not surprised that one Government agency would have different rules from another as this has been typical (not only in Thailand)

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Dancer57 said:

Came from the UK but had been in Cameroon working within 21 days of leaving the UK.

I know the Sandbox rules because I jumped through all the thai pass hoops and did the PCR on arrival.

Spoke to the Hotel manager last night and they say it was required by the ministry of public health but could not produce evidence. Not seen this on any website or government page telling people they can travel within the Sandbox area. Not surprised that one Government agency would have different rules from another as this has been typical (not only in Thailand)

weird - honestly never heard of that, I assume Cameroon is not one of the 63, I guess you'll have to go out early or tell them to stuff their 6pm rule unless they can show it to you from an official source, I said a long time ago it was ridiculously stupid that someone could spend all day at their own home with family but have sleep in a ### hotel - only one reason for that - money gouging

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Dancer57 said:

Did you try for one day Q or just go straight for the 7 day?  I'm in a similar situation.  I am in Mexico now but will be going to LA for a few days before heading back to Thailand.  It sure won't be 21 days in LA but should I try for the one day Q?  Most times, there is no exit stamp from Mexico so Thai Immigration won't know how long I was there.

31 minutes ago, brommers said:

Lmao. More fool you for coming to a country which is ruled by coup leaders who could not organise a chimpanzee's tea party. This country is in the hands of the most incompetent people who are making it up as they go along. Get back on the next plane out to a country that is worth visiting & treats people as adults not children.

Can you even get up and walk with that two ton chip on your shoulders? Nice rant out of left field.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

For whatever reason it sounds like the hotel manager is taking the mickey or is just misinterpreting the rules.

A bit like a certain large restaurant chain some time ago who interpreted "restaurants can only have 25% occupancy" as being "only one person can sit at a table that can seat four". Thais aren't great at nuance.

Pack your bag and walk out.  Sorted.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Nabby said:

Why did you even bother going? You see, quite clearly now, that traveling to Thailand is an utter waste of money. The place is finished. 

For short term tourist who visit the touristy areas that relied on int'l tourist, yes, have to agree.  

For others, hanging out for a month or more, and explore non int'l tourist dependent area, it's lovely and a great to time to visit.  Almost makes jumping through the hoops worth it.

For me, when living in USA, I wouldn't have chose Thailand for a holiday on it's best day, in the best of times, for a 2 week holiday, as would take 3-5 days just to get to the islands from E. coast, along with a few 1000 $$$.   Better time & money spent in the Americas.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, johng said:

Can't say I've ever heard of that rule/hours before..not even during the "curfews" which have now been relaxed if not totally removed...anyway in Pattaya  there is not supposed to be much opened in those hours anyway    no bars,pubs,clubs,discos,soapy massage supposed to be open  but still there are some of these activities going on  risky to get caught in one at a raid  !!

Massage shops are allowed to be legally open again.

The big Soapies for coachloads of Chinese/Indians remain closed

19 hours ago, Gsxrnz said:

Pack your bag and walk out.  Sorted.

I am not sure that is a good idea although it could work. People are restricted in accordance with the Sandbox rules and it would be frowned upon to be a scofflaw... I would presume the hotel would pass on the person's details to immigration police and report them as AWOL. Haven't they also prepaid for accommodation?

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

I am not sure that is a good idea although it could work. People are restricted in accordance with the Sandbox rules and it would be frowned upon to be a scofflaw... I would presume the hotel would pass on the person's details to immigration police and report them as AWOL. Haven't they also prepaid for accommodation?

The way I see it, if he's not breaking any official rules and has paid his bin, he should be a free man - or at least as free as we are allowed to be these days. 

I see they have a manhunt on currently in Australia for a woman who escaped from hotel quarantine. The Fascist Aussie government and law enforcement agencies will move mountains to apprehend her and find her guilty of thoughtcrime - somehow I can't see the RTP mobilizing heaven and earth to track down the OP, especially if the only rule he broke was an imaginary one put in place by the hotel manager.

28 minutes ago, Gsxrnz said:

The way I see it, if he's not breaking any official rules and has paid his bin, he should be a free man - or at least as free as we are allowed to be these days. 

There were presumably terms and conditions on his being allowed into the country, and I expect he would be in breach of those should he check out from the hotel early.

Take a look at what Austria is currently doing... all non vaccinated have to go into lockdown. 

Edited by jacko45k