Desperate Situation During Pandemic

2 minutes ago, Jack1988 said:

This covid extension will not be forever. There are too many farangs that are taking advantage from it 

According to Khaosod, there are "hundreds", and not "thousands" anymore utilizing it, this is what the immigration official stated, although I am not certain that this was just a statement made for public.

3 hours ago, JaydenL said:

I feel rather suicidal,

Call Samaritans and save on bandwidth.

1 hour ago, JaydenL said:

I think I could go home easily,

Now that's being more positive. Then you can work on getting the qualifications needed to enable your return to Thailand on a more stable, longer-term basis.

• Like 1

OP, take a deep breath.

First of all, you are on the right forum, there are many people here that can guide you. Listen to their advices, they are usually accurate.

You seem motivated and luckily for you, there are always opportunities here in Thailand to stay longer. Start by renewing your Covid Extension, don't wait, go for it on Monday. It'll give you time to plan ahead. By the end of the month, we'll know if they extend the Covid options for another 2 months. If they do, it'll give you more time and by then your future projects may be in place allowing you more options financially.

Do not feel depressed and let time pass by, that's a trap. Keep grinding and you'll find options eventually. Things will be much easier if you get proactive.

I wish you all the best and please keep in mind that there are no problems, only solutions. ????

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, JaydenL said:

Thank you for your comment. Regarding the marriage visa, as far as I know, I have to season 400k baht in a bank account for a few months before I could be eligible for it? Is that correct?

No. There are agencies that can help with this. Even many immigration offices offer workaround solutions, for a fee. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, BKKTRAVELER said:

OP, take a deep breath.

First of all, you are on the right forum, there are many people here that can guide you. Listen to their advices, they are usually accurate.

You seem motivated and luckily for you, there are always opportunities here in Thailand to stay longer. Start by renewing your Covid Extension, don't wait, go for it on Monday. It'll give you time to plan ahead. By the end of the month, we'll know if they extend the Covid options for another 2 months. If they do, it'll give you more time and by then your future projects may be in place allowing you more options financially.

Do not feel depressed and let time pass by, that's a trap. Keep grinding and you'll find options eventually. Things will be much easier if you get proactive.

I wish you all the best and please keep in mind that there are no problems, only solutions. ????

"Do not feel depressed and let time pass by, that's a trap. Keep grinding and you'll find options eventually. Things will be much easier if you get proactive."

Very wise indeed, modern life ain't easy, you want to build a nice family, there's always more documents / issues etc., that's life, just get on with it.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Which visa would you suggest.

If he would be vaccinated he could get a SETV and VE stamps at least, when borders will open. Or going back to his home country to get a METV, or a volunteer visa, or ED visa, or B visa...

Without getting vaccinated, he's:

1. Almost completely screwed, or...
2. Has to do 3-4 weeks of expensive quarantines every time he takes a single step out of Thailand (that is, if he has the money)

• Like 1

Hey man...relax for a minute. It's okay to be concerned about the future, but suicide (while it might end your mental pain) is not the right solution if you actually want an opportunity to see the future you are so concerned about.

Here's some positives to consider, so you realize things are not as bad as they seem:

1) You are young. Yes, 29 is young. You have plenty of time to "make things happen". They may not happen exactly they way or the speed you want the to...but you can make something happen.
2) You are healthy. Making something happen is 10X harder if you have poor health. Keep yourself healthy(physicall AND mentally), if you want to have full ability/strength for the path forward.
3) Someone cares about you. Maybe not in your home country, but you have the awareness that there is SOMEONE on this planet(aside from yourself) that would rather you are still alive then not around.
4) You have your wits and your intelligence, just not some of the "paperwork" society needs you to present to certify said intelligence.

All that said...creatures that freeze are creatures that die. Your ability to make decisions and see options is what will determine whether you survive. If you ever watch this show "I Shouldn't Be Alive", every survivor lived to tell the tale because despite facing their Waterloo, they never decided "oh well...there's no other way out of this." And they were MUCH WORSE situations than you. Look it up on Youtube. ????

Oh...and ignore those trolls/haters on these forums. They give all of us a hard time...it's their little game. Don't react...just keep executing your plan.

So...
1) Plan your next move (I believe that means applying for the covid extension immediately)
2) If your next move hits a wall, plan what your pivot will be. You must realize by now, life is one big improvisation. There will always be a "gotcha". Don't freeze up...keep thinking if this road ends, which detour will I take?
3) You need to see yourself as a hero who can make hard decisions and keep going, even if it appears not the preferred path. But eventually through sheer will and determination, you get there. For inspiration, remember how long and arduous Frodo's path was in the Lord of The Rings. ????

If your partner/family is worth fighting for...then you better live to fight for them. Heroes must risk, for without it there is no reward. It may mean getting vax'ed. It may mean you have to take the long path of getting a diploma or working in your home country to get enough money to "make it happen" when you come back here.  You must be open to all options. While it seems there's a lot of closed doors....there are equally as many open doors...if you would just consider them.

Good luck and Godspeed!

Edited by audaciousnomad

1 hour ago, daveAustin said:

Yes I don’t get that either. Aside from not being allowed to do anything, you’ve got a greater chance of dying through covid than vaccine poisoning. Dear me. Avoid idiotic people/social media who say to the contrary, and use your logic skills. 

over 99% chance to live, people under 50 and fit has bigger chance to face death on road here.

Read statistics from official sites, no need to go tinfoil road, just have common sense and not believe all horror from news and "experts".

Who's bred you eating, their songs you sing.

On 11/13/2021 at 9:56 PM, JaydenL said:

I use my European PayPal account, not PayPal Thailand, as I never set up PayPal Thailand, just logging in from Thailand for a while. I'm wondering if I'll still be able to utilize my non-Thai PayPal as usual, or whether this would also affect non-Thai PayPal accounts if accessing from Thailand? Do you have any thoughts?

Thank you.

My thoughts.

PayPal forced me to open a Thai account after my Oz account was geo locked every time I tried to log in to it from Thailand.  I am amazed you can still access your Euro account.

You should go the ED visa route.  But the quoted 40k is ridiculously expensive.  Before I was 50 and eligible for the retirement visa I used to do annual ED visa for 25K (including actual thai lessons).  You also had the option to do the lessons online but I elected to go to class for the social interaction.  A mate of mine also used an agent to get 12 month ED visa (incountry) for 18K per year with no actual schooling attached.  But his passport was sent to Bangkok and stamped there.

Keep in mind that the ED visa does not have to be just for language.  There is a self defense program up in Chang Mai that is run by (Ex) Thai Military guys.  One of the guys goes along with you to immigration when you apply for your ED visa and it ALWAYS goes smoothly.

And finally, just get vaccinated.  Two shot of Pfizer.  They are and evil and morally bereft organisation.  But their Covid vaccine is good.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/14/2021 at 12:35 AM, JaydenL said:

You are right, thank you so much for your comments and being realistic in this situation. I just know that people previously used ED visas, which I don't mind, as I actually would love learning specific things, but currently it doesn't seem doable, at least without leaving the country first.

You just made an important observation; you realized that there's other, more solid reasons to get a visa and as you stated an ED visa is often used for unproductive reasons.

At the same time you're (perhaps unconsciously) building good focus for yourself.

Congratulations, well done. 

On 11/13/2021 at 8:59 PM, JaydenL said:

Thank you for your comment. Regarding the marriage visa, as far as I know, I have to season 400k baht in a bank account for a few months before I could be eligible for it? Is that correct?

If you are young there are no easy answers, but I know some westerns that have become Monks and they have no trouble with visa's. They are happy and enjoy there choice.

• Haha 1

On 11/13/2021 at 9:56 PM, JaydenL said:

I use my European PayPal account, not PayPal Thailand, as I never set up PayPal Thailand, just logging in from Thailand for a while. I'm wondering if I'll still be able to utilize my non-Thai PayPal as usual, or whether this would also affect non-Thai PayPal accounts if accessing from Thailand? Do you have any thoughts?

Thank you.

If you need a foreign OP address just get a VPN. Then you can log in from many other countries.

Like @PRAVDA, I don't want to seem harsh. Reality and changing circumstances can destroy the best laid plans ; that's part of life. More than one person has had to admit that they don't have the resources, whatever those might be, to successfully navigate their dream. The truth is that some dreams are just unobtainable.

It seems to me you are short of necessary resources in too many areas to make your current dream work.

As others have said, marry the gal and take her home. Then work together to craft a new dream. It's a big world with lots of opportunities outside Thailand. Abandon your narrow focus on Thailand before it defeats your will to even dream.

Changing directions does not mean you've given up or been defeated.

Good luck.

• Thanks 1

call up a couple of schools and ask them what the current ED visa status is buddy

my school in hua hin would give you reliable information

they could also tell you info about the volunteer visa, if ED visa wasnt possible

DM if you need more info

stay strong mate ???? 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Adumbration said:

My thoughts.

PayPal forced me to open a Thai account after my Oz account was geo locked every time I tried to log in to it from Thailand.  I am amazed you can still access your Euro account.

You should go the ED visa route.  But the quoted 40k is ridiculously expensive.  Before I was 50 and eligible for the retirement visa I used to do annual ED visa for 25K (including actual thai lessons).  You also had the option to do the lessons online but I elected to go to class for the social interaction.  A mate of mine also used an agent to get 12 month ED visa (incountry) for 18K per year with no actual schooling attached.  But his passport was sent to Bangkok and stamped there.

Keep in mind that the ED visa does not have to be just for language.  There is a self defense program up in Chang Mai that is run by (Ex) Thai Military guys.  One of the guys goes along with you to immigration when you apply for your ED visa and it ALWAYS goes smoothly.

And finally, just get vaccinated.  Two shot of Pfizer.  They are and evil and morally bereft organisation.  But their Covid vaccine is good.

Yes I am also surprised you can still access your European Paypal by being here. Your European Paypal will not be affected at all by the new regulations but in your case I would use a VPN to access the European Paypal. They might not have caught you yet but Paypal doesnt like usage of its services outside of the original registration country but you might get away if you are an occasional user.

Just a word of caution. 

PayPal and really any payment service provider including sites like eBay and Amazon have a long list of VPN's they blacklisted/banned. Use one of them and you'll have your account permanently blocked. 

1 hour ago, RocketDog said:

If you need a foreign OP address just get a VPN. Then you can log in from many other countries.

Like @PRAVDA, I don't want to seem harsh. Reality and changing circumstances can destroy the best laid plans ; that's part of life. More than one person has had to admit that they don't have the resources, whatever those might be, to successfully navigate their dream. The truth is that some dreams are just unobtainable.

It seems to me you are short of necessary resources in too many areas to make your current dream work.

As others have said, marry the gal and take her home. Then work together to craft a new dream. It's a big world with lots of opportunities outside Thailand. Abandon your narrow focus on Thailand before it defeats your will to even dream.

Changing directions does not mean you've given up or been defeated.

Good luck.

He don't have to spend money for a VPN, when he install Opera browser, it is included for free. You can switch it on and off.

Edit:

I just see the message from Pravda, and yes it is true

Edited by Peterphuket
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, DrJack54 said:

Can you show a source for this.... regarding reasons for covid extensions

I had one and the only reason I could get it was because I could not return to Australia because there were no flights because Australia had closed its borders to all international travellers both arriving and departing Australia at that time.

Just now, Russell17au said:

I had one and the only reason I could get it was because I could not return to Australia because there were no flights because Australia had closed its borders to all international travellers both arriving and departing Australia at that time.

Tick box 1 or 4. 

https://aseannow.com/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=727659 

Also what about UK folk and many others.

Been plenty of flights to UK, USA etc...

Those folk are obtaining covid extensions.

So now there are flights to Oz.

Can you obtain covid extension?

Answer YES.