Food delivery driver dies after being ran over by a garbage truck in Si Racha

snoop1130

888512_650x366.jpg

PHOTO: Pairoj Woranuchkun / Thanapat Awayla / Chon News TV

A food delivery rider has been pronounced dead at the scene after the motorbike he was riding was run over by a garbage truck in Si Racha on Sunday (November 14th).

The Borwin Police was notified of the accident at the entrance of a waste disposal plant in the Laem Chabang Municipality.

Emergency responders arrived at the scene to find the body of a food delivery driver who was later identified as Supot Keangkhuntot, 30. Nearby, first responders found his damaged motorbike and a garbage truck owned by a private company.

Full Story: https://thepattayanews.com/2021/11/16/food-delivery-driver-dies-after-being-ran-over-by-a-garbage-truck-in-si-racha/

PattayaNews.jpg

• Sad 3
  • Haha 1

They do ride like dare devils in Bangkok ..... so accidents are bound to happen.  The guy is slightly older than most grab, food panda and lineman riders I've engaged with, most being in their early 20's.  

Very sad indeed ....  rip delivery man.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Doctor Tom said:

I have never used them and see no reason to ever use them.  We shop and then we cook our own food, How revolutionary is that in these ''I want everything as easy as possible with no effort on my part''  times. 

well congrats to you ....   that's great.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, steven100 said:

They do ride like dare devils in Bangkok ..... so accidents are bound to happen.  The guy is slightly older than most grab, food panda and lineman riders I've engaged with, most being in their early 20's.  

Very sad indeed ....  rip delivery man.

Yeah most are young men but I've had old men, young and old women, people bringing a toddler, and several very obese men and women. 

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, Doctor Tom said:

I have never used them and see no reason to ever use them.  We shop and then we cook our own food, How revolutionary is that in these ''I want everything as easy as possible with no effort on my part''  times. 

A lot of work shopping and cooking for the variety that is on offer with the click of a mouse.  Not to mention, some months ago, the risk of contracting covid whilst shopping, prior to being vaccinated. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Jingthing said:

these drivers are risking their lives to bring us the goods

Yes they are risking their lives because they're trying make a living. That living includes delivering as many orders as possible in a given time so of course they will drive recklessly to get paid more. At the same time they are also risking the lives of others on the road so all in all lots of risks.

I ride my PCX all the time and it is only ever these delivery drivers that I have problems/confrontations with.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Doctor Tom said:

Yes that's great for someone who probably as not just done a days work. For some people and we are not talking about farangs they do not want to start food preparation and cooking when they get home. Also it is nice to take an evening off from cooking.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Asquith Production said:

Also it is nice to take an evening off from cooking.

That's where the fish and chip shops in my native UK were so useful. Or the Chinese takeaway. Or the local curry place. I miss my local chippie. On the subject of Chinese, when I went to China I was very surprised and disappointed that the food I saw had absolutely no similarity to the UK and European restaurants/takeaways I've used.

12 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Unless you're a very talented chef I doubt you can cook the variety of choices offered on the apps. 

I can and I do. I have yet to come across any food outlet in Thailand  that can give me the food I want, in the way that I want it without it being a compromise in taste/quality  for me and or my g/f/ .  We may go out to socialize with friends, or for a change of scenery, I never go out expecting the food to be up to the standard  my g/f  and I can produce at home. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Asquith Production said:

Yes that's great for someone who probably as not just done a days work. For some people and we are not talking about farangs they do not want to start food preparation and cooking when they get home. Also it is nice to take an evening off from cooking.

Okay, but not for me 

13 hours ago, Jingthing said:

As I use such services excessively I wonder if he was carrying an order and if so, whether the company told the waiting customer the truth about why it was "late," and if so, whether he reordered.

I have always realized these drivers are risking their lives to bring us the goods and as I don't drive and not bothered by their antics, I sincerely appreciate their service.

Imagine the global pandemic without delivery drivers!

Even in this "global pandemic without delivery drivers" won't you die. Come on.

I live upcountry without this drivers and still alive.

15 hours ago, pseudorabies said:

The behavior of scooter/motorbike riders has changed drastically since I first visited 10 years ago, especially in Bangkok.  Now on average the riding is reckless with the delivery guys by far the worst. Many of them ride as if they are daring car drivers to run them over. Before Grab I got the sense that car drivers generally looked out for scooter riders.  Now I wonder if more car/truck drivers are apathetic to scooter riders, especially the delivery people.  I could see drivers saying to themselves "it's your life, if you want to risk it it's your business, not mine"

Condolences to the family of the rider regardless of fault.  RIP

Just this morning there was a video on the news of a motorbike pulling directly in front of a large truck that was stopped in traffic for a stoplight.  The light went green and the truck began moving forward.  The motorbike was still in front of him, almost certainly out of the truck driver's line of sight and got squished.  

16 hours ago, Doctor Tom said:

I have never used them and see no reason to ever use them. 

Thank you, and the same for me. First, I do not own a smartphone so food and delivery apps are of no relevance to me. I like to go shopping and choose my own fresh ingredients from supermarkets which here in Cambodia we were able to do during lockdowns. Having experience in food preparation and presentation, I make my own breakfasts, lunches and dinners. This enables me to get out for some exercise and keep my mind active, it is my choice. Sadly, many of the other residents in the apartment block do rely on home food deliveries and this is reflected in the amount of waste deposited in the communal refuse bins - foam boxes, plastic cups and containers, single use plastic cutlery/chop sticks and single use plastic carrier bags. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

That's where the fish and chip shops in my native UK were so useful. Or the Chinese takeaway. Or the local curry place. I miss my local chippie. On the subject of Chinese, when I went to China I was very surprised and disappointed that the food I saw had absolutely no similarity to the UK and European restaurants/takeaways I've used.

All the British Chinese food comes from Hong Kong not the mainland. 

Obvs it is again changed for the local British palate. 

1 hour ago, Burma Bill said:

Thank you, and the same for me. First, I do not own a smartphone so food and delivery apps are of no relevance to me. I like to go shopping and choose my own fresh ingredients from supermarkets which here in Cambodia we were able to do during lockdowns. Having experience in food preparation and presentation, I make my own breakfasts, lunches and dinners. This enables me to get out for some exercise and keep my mind active, it is my choice. Sadly, many of the other residents in the apartment block do rely on home food deliveries and this is reflected in the amount of waste deposited in the communal refuse bins - foam boxes, plastic cups and containers, single use plastic cutlery/chop sticks and single use plastic carrier bags. 

You're right that there's an obscene amount of packaging garbage from that industry.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

All the British Chinese food comes from Hong Kong not the mainland. 

Obvs it is again changed for the local British palate. 

Helluva ride on a bike to deliver!

Edited by jacko45k
  • Haha 1