Incentives being considered to entice remaining 11m Thais to get vaccinated

snoop1130

1 hour ago, dinsdale said:

More deflection of blame. 11 million aren't vaccinated by choice is what they are saying here. Nothing to do with vaccine rollout mismanagement. 

It is not because of choice, but because of bad choices available.. I agree that Sinovac is better than nothing. , but it is hardly a good choice. They said that by the start of Octomber there would be no more Sinovac,  , well what happen.?

My sister in Law is still waiting for the Moderna that she even paid for in Khon Kaen. As I said in another post, we have to travell all the way to Bangkok tp get our moderna boosters. 

IMO if they needed incentives, buy good vaccines. You would not believe the lines here in Khon Kaen if they advertised free Pfizer shots. I promise you it would miles long. 

Edited by sirineou
  • Like 2

Just now, jackdd said:

People on here believe scientists, who have such knowledge, that these vaccines are safe.

Are you saying they are not safe to use? In this case you should contact the Thai FDA, and probably also the FDA in other countries and the WHO and present your evidence to them, so they will ban these unsafe vaccines asap.

It's possible, yes, but the chance is lower compared to an unvaccinated person.

It is people like you that do not know what they are talking about and My wife's daughter is now in ICU in hospital blood clots because she was forced by people like you with your attitude of "just take any vaccine it does not matter which one" to have the AZ injection instead of waiting for the Moderna injection that she ordered. It was reported very early in the vaccine program in every country in the world, even Thailand that AZ vaccine not be given to anyone under 60 years of age because of the serve side affects and the deaths that were recorded against AZ and even here in Thailand Anutin was not given AZ because he is under 60.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, stereolab said:

Place their names on a list, when they acquire Covid, simply advise that they will not benefit from

free health-care, but must pay all private charges. Our local hospital is working 6 days a week giving vaccines, I as a Farang received my 2 doses locally, and free of charge. There is no excuse for not being vaccinated.

What are you talking about, there has simply not been enough vaccines rolled out yet to all Provinces, especially the rural ones, tourist area's were targeted first as we all know, leaving rural Thailand facing vaccine inequality.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Stoker58 said:

Singapore, very high vax rate and now very high and rising covid cases because they’ve screwed up their immune systems. Gibraltar and Israel the same.

Hope Thailand wakes up before it’s too late. If you have to be bribed or coerced to do something, it’s not for your own good.

It may have been wiser to actually look up the figures before inventing scare stories. A good place to start might be the weekly trends on Worldometers https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/weekly-trends/#weekly_table

showing reductions in Singapore and Israel. In the case of Gibraltar, over 50% of the workforce walk across the border from Spain daily, where there has been a huge surge in cases. There is no way of knowing whether the increase is in Gibraltar residents or Spanish workers being tested.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Albert Zweistein said:

Entice ? GF paid 4 months ago but still no jab. When she asks the hospital by phone now the answer is maybe January. LOL !

If she registered late, she in the back of the queue. That simple. My GF got her shot early Nov because she was diligent to register and pay early. Can’t keep blaming the system if you don’t do your part. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

45 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

Although a vaccinated person may have 90% protection from infection, whereas an unvaccinated person has 0% protection. 

So what about a person that has a great immune system who takes plenty of vitamin d3 and zinc everyday is he or she still a O% protection? I think not!

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

16 hours ago, patman30 said:

and just like most humans, they dont realise they were fooled until its too late.

Your analogy is instructive.

I just got my young dog her first round of vaccinations with the second round next week.

"realizing too late" is when she gets parvo or something else and dies because I didn't do the right thing by her.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Danderman123 said:

Although a vaccinated person may have 90% protection from infection, whereas an unvaccinated person has 0% protection. 

My post was in regard to possible transmission  from a vaccinated person more than the protection levels

15 hours ago, Golden Triangle said:

My mil won't get jabbed, so I told my mrs to inform her that unfortunately we won't be visiting them or going out for a meal, you know how much they like a freebie feast and a cost free visit to a supermarket for a monthly shop.

@johngI know you don't like my replies and I respect that and expected it, but I refuse to put myself or anyone else at risk, the rest of the family have all been jabbed, why should she be the thorn in the side of the population, all family members have been done except for mum, a bit selfish as far as I'm concerned.

Austria may well be a sign of things to come.

Austria has become the first Western democracy to resort to mandatory vaccination in response to a record-breaking surge in infections that has flooded its hospitals with critical COVID-19 patients.

Chancellor Alexander Schallenberg announced Friday that COVID-19 vaccination would be mandatory in the Alpine republic from February 2022.

https://www.politico.eu/article/austria-mandatory-coronavirus-vaccination-february/

IMHO if the government would provide assistance in getting the (US approved) vaccines that have been registered for and paid for by a bunch of people, instead of prohibiting shipment into the country or forcing people to get unapproved vaccines when people need to travel to other countries then I can fully understand why many people continue to refuse the Chinese vaccines.  I myself would not get one and was lucky enough to get jabs of the donated Pfizer vaccine.   My daughter was at a school that also was approved for Pfizer for their students.  Now if we could get the Moderna that we have paid for already, that would be nice.

7 hours ago, Albert Zweistein said:

By the way, today I got my THIRD Pfizer. FREE of charge. This is the difference between a 1st world country and 3rd world country.

I got my 3rd AZ about 2 weeks ago here in Thailand and free of charge.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Denim said:

Nope. Wife and whole family double jabbed for free and myself double jabbed with free Pfitzer. 

Its only Modern some people are choosing to pay for.

Pfizer is not available to ALL areas nor for ALL people, only people of a certain age group maybe but definitely not available in all areas of Thailand.  The government controls which areas get how many doses.

• Like 1

Just now, Presnock said:

Pfizer is not available to ALL areas nor for ALL people, only people of a certain age group maybe but definitely not available in all areas of Thailand.  The government controls which areas get how many doses.

You could have travelled to a province that has Pfizer, but I guess just sitting at home and complaining is easier.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

It seems that once you reach about 70% fully vaxed, you have hit the ceiling of willing participants. The UK is about there and their program has been aggressive for almost a year.  Thailand will likely hit that threshold probably around the end of December. Of the remaining 30%, a large number have probably had COVID and never knew it. 

17 minutes ago, vandeventer said:

So what about a person that has a great immune system who takes plenty of vitamin d3 and zinc everyday is he or she still a O% protection? I think not!

Have you seen any research that backs up this claim..... ?

All I have seen is numbers that show age or pre-existing conditions as increasing your chances of getting into the 1 or 2% group who get serious Covid symptoms. Pretty sure a D3 and Zinc muncher can die from rabies and other ailments as likely as one who does not. I think anyone who feels they are 'invulnerable' is likely deluded.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Russell17au said:

It is people like you that do not know what they are talking about and My wife's daughter is now in ICU in hospital blood clots because she was forced by people like you with your attitude of "just take any vaccine it does not matter which one" to have the AZ injection instead of waiting for the Moderna injection that she ordered. It was reported very early in the vaccine program in every country in the world, even Thailand that AZ vaccine not be given to anyone under 60 years of age because of the serve side affects and the deaths that were recorded against AZ and even here in Thailand Anutin was not given AZ because he is under 60.

It is a sad fact of life that nothing can be guaranteed. It would be delusional to think that there is zero risk with Moderna.

It is a bit like the lottery in reverse, there will always be winners and losers.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

As an anti-vaxxer, you are aware that the unvaccinated may infect the vaccinated, although such infections are rare. So, it would be reasonable to protect oneself against an unvaccinated family member.

Perhaps it is the other way round. The vaccinated can still be infected, but the vaccines reduce the impact. Perhaps If a vaccinated person who is assymptomatic visits an unvaccinated person, the former will infect the latter, and the unvaccinated person is at greater risk of dying. So perhaps the person saying he and his wife will not visit his unvaccinated mother in law is protecting her, rather than his family.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, johng said:

If you and the rest have been "fully jabbed" then why are you afraid of MIL ?

Where did he say he was afraid of her?

He disagrees with her decision to not get vaccinated and wants to incentivize her to get vaccinated.

How did you jump to the unreasonable conclusion that he was afraid of her?

• Like 2
  • Confused 1