Covid numbers not spiking three weeks after reopening

webfact

Amazing Thailand $$$$$

I do wonder is any tourists will take Covid home with them, oh how foolish of me, I forgot bars and clubs are closed, no serving of alcohol in those establishments, so they can't possibly take Covid home with them, and the numbers nationwide are conveniently low, in the 5,000's last I saw. Those conveniently low numbers have nothing to do with attracting tourism, of course.

Edited by 4MyEgo
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, webfact said:

From the total number of passengers, 69,809 went through the “Test & Go” procedure which is what the CCSA is calling the one-night quarantine and test period.

So what did the other 21000 or so do f they didn’t go through test and go procedure ?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Gold Star said:

Why would they think it would spike?

The chances of a new arrival catching Covid from anyone in Thailand is far greater than someone in Thailand getting it from a double vaxxed, twice tested, hoop jumping new arrival.

I would think because of unvaccinated Thais trying to make a living off the newly arrived "tourists" and by government sponsored events like the Pattaya music thing.

Just received approval email from Thai Pass after 5 days wait . No snafoo's in the filling out of the forms as I took note from some of the issues other appliers on Asean Now posted . All documents were jpeg , single page and followed Thaipass guide lines . Took about three hours in the morning . No refusals , blocks or second attempts needed . Maybe the bugs were picked out . Looking forward to enjoying Thailand without all of the tourist entertainment / vices taking away from the real Thai lifestyle . Expect the covid jump to occur when the bars open up and the parties start .........

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, mrfill said:

Ah the 'Doctor' - that being a Doctor of Philosophy (concerned with remote learning). Not actually a medical doctor.

Rubbish, and he is regarded as on of England's gems, and only reports on published papers ne is not a Dr of philosophy if you wish to slag him look at the video then look at his qualifications.

• Like 1

interesting,so the unclean are not infecting the anointed ones,over to you anutin.so can thailand actually re open as thats ot whats happening,the scams are all still on full blast and real tourist entries are minimal.lets go on holidays to a place that demands you wear a mask,doesnt allow you to eat and drink freely and scams you for money at every opportunity when u r better protected than most of the this countrys inhabitants,ie you have 2 shots of a vacc that actually does work and a pcr to say your clear.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, aussiexpat said:

"It has been three weeks since the country reopened to vaccinated tourists and there has been no spike in the number of daily Covid "

I find this very mis-leading as the figures include all 3 schemes of Test & Go (from 1 Nov), Sandbox (re-opened 1 Jul) and unvaccinated Full Quarantine (re-opened ages ago)

The Test & Go scheme has most of the arrivals (69,809) with only about 0.08% tested positive since it started 3 weeks ago so why would there be a spike?

I wish they would report Test & Go separately as then they might realise how low risk this really is and drop some of hoops

That’s just too sensible 

13 minutes ago, cheapcanuck said:

What..."dirty foreigners" are not the cause of the covid19 outbreaks in Thailand?

Will the corrupt Thai ministers apologize for blaming foreigners for causing the Covid19 problems in Thailand?

I believe it was just one minister unless of course, there are multiple versions of Anutin out there?

• Haha 1