Are the re-pats you know happier in the home country...

1FinickyOne

14 minutes ago, david555 said:

Don't you feel not a little bit lonely there now ?, only on beer on the table and foam on it gone already ..... not a crowd there i would say ????

My Thai Buddy's is on my right whoes family restaurant it is and I wouldn't care less if I was <n my own why would I.?? 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, GrandPapillon said:

11. Electricans, plumbers charging the earth because of Covid.

12. Cowboy builders.

Yes, got put through the wringer last one year with UK trades.

Learn DIY if I ever move back to UK permanently....

Out-and-out thieves every last one of them....make more than white collar pro's these days...filthy dugs.

Edited by freedomnow
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, JingerBen said:

The US that I grew up in doesn't exist anymore.

There is nothing to go back to.

This is really on point, especially so for those of us who have been here a long time. 

I am quite content here and though it has been a long long time, when I did go back for visits, I missed my Thai family and friends. 

1 hour ago, JayClay said:

I'm not one of them, but I'm sure some of the disgruntled expats would counter with "the Thailand I moved to doesn't exist anymore"...

This is also true... I was in places like Phuket in the 80s... I thought Samui was over-touristed in the year 2000 - I went to Koh Chang 2002 and 5 years later people told me it was not nearly the same... 

It makes travel often disappointing. 

4 hours ago, JingerBen said:

The US that I grew up in doesn't exist anymore.

There is nothing to go back to.

I have to agree with you on that. I've only been living in Thailand for 5 months but I'd prefer to never go back to the home country, and plan to die here. I am much happier and can actually afford to do more than just exist like I did back in USA.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, stigar said:

I live 6 months a year in thailand..thats enough for me.Thats let me keep my benefits in my country.

I meet some foreigners who moved permantly to thailand,and many of them regrets the day they need help from their embassy in Bangkok.If u dont pay tax to ur country of origin dont expect they will help u.

agree - European summer in Europe, and winter in Asia... perfect compromise - best of both worlds.

• Like 1