Thai immigration online 90 day reporting system

5 hours ago, Cuchulainn said:

If there is such a thing........what is the "normal" pending time for online applications (at CW)?

If it's approved, it's usually 4 or 5 hours. Is that correct?

By first two submissions to CW (both rejected) in Dec 2021 took 6 days each from submission to rejection.  I say two submissions because when the first one came back rejected 6 days after submission.... I then resubmitted same day and then 6 days later it was rejected.  My latest submission last week  took 4 days from submission to approval---my first online approval ever.   So for me 6 + 6 + 4 = 16 divided by 3 gives an average of a little over 5 days for rejection/approval.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/9/2022 at 6:24 PM, Pib said:

Gosh, if they really did reject simply because you used "Apt" instead of "Room" I consider that extreme nit-picking.

There is some serious nit-picking going on. My first report in the new system was approved. After getting the email reminder, my second report was rejected. I resubmitted with the same information in the same order. The only difference was that the soi was on the first line, after the number and condo name, whereas before it was on the next line before the road. Approved.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/9/2022 at 6:55 AM, Calvin1976 said:

If I arrived on 05/Mar/2022.

When will be the earliest date for me to do 90 days report?

21/May/2022 ?

19th May 2022

On 3/9/2022 at 7:04 AM, Yorkie said:

"Want to figure out the date that is exactly ninety days from Mar 5, 2022 without counting?

Your starting date is March 5, 2022 so that means that 90 days later would be June 3, 2022.

You can check this by using the date difference calculator to measure the number of days from Mar 5, 2022 to Jun 3, 2022."

That calculator doesn't include the end date while Immigration do so 90 days from March 5th is June 2nd.

27 days in March

30 days in April

31 days in  May

2 days in June

12 minutes ago, KhaoNiaw said:

There is some serious nit-picking going on. My first report in the new system was approved. After getting the email reminder, my second report was rejected. I resubmitted with the same information in the same order. The only difference was that the soi was on the first line, after the number and condo name, whereas before it was on the next line before the road. Approved.  

That is beyond funny. Maybe they should have given us samples as to how they want it. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, aqua4 said:

That is beyond funny. Maybe they should have given us samples as to how they want it. 

The bigger issue may be that each office has its own 90-day online reviewers/approvers, perhaps more than one in larger offices, each with their own views on acceptability.

Based on reports though, this doesn't seem to be as big an issue as the "See local office" errors on the OLD systems.

I got rejected for using "Apt" instead of "Room". Even though I have used "Apt" for years one very single Imm document.

• Like 2

The new reporting system worked well for me last time around, and when I received a reminder email this time I happily spent a couple of minutes to again endorse it. (This despite thoughts about the uselessness of a system where they complete all the paperwork including my address)

However, it has been languishing in the pending box for more than a week now. What's my next move - wait longer, ignore it altogether, go old school and post in all the paperwork (IO is too far to visit for this purpose), ring my local office or something else?

11 minutes ago, Old Croc said:

However, it has been languishing in the pending box for more than a week now. What's my next move - wait longer, ignore it altogether, go old school and post in all the paperwork (IO is too far to visit for this purpose), ring my local office or something else?

Rembert if the wait days would not include a weekend since immigration would not be working.

If you don't get approval soon you should submit anther report.

7 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Rembert if the wait days would not include a weekend since immigration would not be working.

If you don't get approval soon you should submit anther report.

Thanks.  It's been a calendar week which means 5 working days. Submitted 0642 (am) on Monday 7 March. 

I'll give it a couple more days and try to submit it again.

4 hours ago, Old Croc said:

Thanks.  It's been a calendar week which means 5 working days. Submitted 0642 (am) on Monday 7 March. 

On the old system I once did have to wait almost a week for approval. I believe that the officer who operated the computer was on holiday.

I got my approval from the Jomtien office at about 12:30 today from submission yesterday (Sunday) morning.  Second successful application on the new system and like others received an email reminder in advance.  I'd got a new extension in between so that quirk with having to do one in person after an extension is gone for me.

Next 90 day was required from the approval date, not the old due date or the submission date (11 June 2022).

• Like 1

Hi all,

I almost forgot about my 90-day report (never been late for one of these) but did it last night (Sunday, 13 March 2022).

Deadline was 13 March 2022.

I am now left with a pending status (for almost 24 hours), see the screenshot below;

image.thumb.png.de32d0da0570f35d2c9b62d80c97cdb4.png

The last couple of times I have done the report online it has been successful.

I actually happen to be leaving LOS on Friday (18 March 2022). Remember the 90 day report was due 13 March.

Any advice on what I should do here to follow-up? Note that previously. when I did do 90 day reports at immigration (this is a while ago now) they'd always put in a stamp that said you can report 14 days before or 7 days over your next report date.

This doesn't seem to be the case with the online reports, see extract from last successful report below;

image.png.d0380cf286a538e856d38266e0fa690d.png

Some advice on how to proceed would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,

BKKrunaway

11 minutes ago, BKKrunaway said:

I almost forgot about my 90-day report (never been late for one of these) but did it last night (Sunday, 13 March 2022).
Deadline was 13 March 2022.

I am now left with a pending status (for almost 24 hours), see the screenshot below;

You are pushing it todo it on the last day.

Waiting for 24 hours is not very long to wait.

11 minutes ago, BKKrunaway said:

I actually happen to be leaving LOS on Friday (18 March 2022). Remember the 90 day report was due 13 March.

Any advice on what I should do here to follow-up? Note that previously. when I did do 90 day reports at immigration (this is a while ago now) they'd always put in a stamp that said you can report 14 days before or 7 days over your next report date.

You can leave the country without a problem. Immigration at airports do not check for 90 day reports.

It is still 15 days before to 7 days after the report date. You will be leaving within the 7 days so that is not a concern.

Never been successful using the online system in the past. Hope they were able to refine it. 

A friend of mine told me the possession of a pink ID card, or a yellow book is proof of residence, and since 2005, a law has been in effect, that supercedes the need to prove residence. Anyone know if this is accurate? 

37 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

A friend of mine told me the possession of a pink ID card, or a yellow book is proof of residence, and since 2005, a law has been in effect, that supercedes the need to prove residence. Anyone know if this is accurate? 

That is false info.

Having a yellow house book and pink ID card does not mean you do not need to report your address to immigration or do 90 day reports.

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Never been successful using the online system in the past. Hope they were able to refine it. 

If your friend has been doing as he told you is ok, he may find himself being rounded up for a failure to notify his location and presence every 90 days.

11 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

If your friend has been doing as he told you is ok, he may find himself being rounded up for a failure to notify his location and presence every 90 days.

Yes. He refuses to report any longer. I think this is a positive thing. It is an onerous requirement, and if they cannot get it together to hire a competent web designer to make sure we can do it online, than it should not be a requirement. 

Will see if he has any problems. And just because that 2005 law about the yellow book is not well known, it does not mean it is not valid and correct. 

20 hours ago, Old Croc said:

Everything comes to he who waits.

Approval email received, outside working hours, last night.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Will see if he has any problems. And just because that 2005 law about the yellow book is not well known, it does not mean it is not valid and correct. 

Immigration does not care about you having a yellow house book. Some offices will not even accept it for proof of address. Same at some DLT offices when applying for a drivers license or registering a car.

I think the law they are referring to was only a ministerial regulation done by the interior ministry allowing them to be issued. I doubt very much if there is any mention in it about immigration requirements set in the immigration act of 1979.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Immigration does not care about you having a yellow house book. Some offices will not even accept it for proof of address. Same at some DLT offices when applying for a drivers license or registering a car.

I applied for a new driving licence in Surin DLT office in November last year. My yellow book was not adequate, they required a pink ID and the boss was quite snotty about it. I drove 30 km to the Prassat DLT (still in Surin province) and they issued a new licence within 30 minutes, no pink ID required.

All my previous driving licences in Thailand (5) were issued purely on my UK licence and my passport (plus the reaction, colour blindness and depth tests)

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Yorkie said:

I applied for a new driving licence in Surin DLT office in November last year. My yellow book was not adequate, they required a pink ID

When I applied in Ratchaburi last time , they would not accept the Pink ID card but accepted the Yellow Book.....

Different district different rules.....( again )

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/10/2022 at 12:43 PM, mtls2005 said:

Within two business days would be my guess, (for CW), based on my experience and reading about those of others.

Earlier this month, my turnaround time for an online report to BKK was next business day during a weekdays period. That was my first time using the "new" online system. I also got an automated confirming email from Immigration notifying me my filing had been accepted.

3 hours ago, Yorkie said:

All my previous driving licences in Thailand (5) were issued purely on my UK licence and my passport (plus the reaction, colour blindness and depth tests)

So with an existing, home country DL, the Thai DLT folks did NOT require you to take and pass their rules of the road paper test?

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

So with an existing, home country DL, the Thai DLT folks did NOT require you to take and pass their rules of the road paper test?

Not 20 years ago for my first, no. And not since.

[Edit. Correction. For my 5th I was required to sit in a class and watch a 60 minute video for 45 minutes and for my 6th I watched a similar video online and answered 3 questions. The results I took with me to Prassat DLT]

Edited by Yorkie
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1