'Do your own research / I do my own research' has become code for conspiracy theory followers

Jingthing

My final conspiracy theory is, I'm drunk, and about to go to bed. I will never deliberately be derogatory to any other member of this forum. Sure, I will say what I think, but never attack. I dont like attackers anyway. Good luck all, and I bid you goodnight.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

94% of Republicans think one or more false statements about COVID-19 and vaccine safety might be true.

https://www.npr.org/2021/12/06/1057344561/anti-vaccine-activists-political-conference-trump-republicans

I would love to respond, but since I'm drunk, oh well. How about, how many of the sleepy joe(like me) democrats agree that one or more false statements about covid could be true. I'd say its roughly 100% regardless of creed or colour or political leanings.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Khabib said:

Very correct. The trouble is, I think, that america was funding it, so its an embarrassment to them. Hence the truth of it all being withheld.

Do the research. Nothing is hidden other than by the Chinese.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Khabib said:

The serpent was a Netflix production.

According to my own Google research, Wiki says ...............

"The Serpent is a British crime drama serial developed by Mammoth Screen and commissioned by the BBC. The eight-part limited series is a co-production between BBC One and Netflix. It is based on the crimes of serial killer Charles Sobhraj, who murdered young tourists from 1975 to 1976."

Edited by BritManToo

Just now, BritManToo said:

Wiki says ...............

"The Serpent is a British crime drama serial developed by Mammoth Screen and commissioned by the BBC. The eight-part limited series is a co-production between BBC One and Netflix. It is based on the crimes of serial killer Charles Sobhraj, who murdered young tourists from 1975 to 1976."

It was on Netflix I saw the Serpent, good show.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

I'll assume you are not being ironic. In my opinion RT trick you. They have stories that are done well and do tell the truth. It then lulls you into believing that the stories about Russia and the United States are truthful too. Often they are not.  They are designed to make Russian despots look good and democracy look bad. Don't believe the hype. 

Not at all who do you think you are I believe want want to believe and I do beleive some what RT says, look what they did in Afghanistan and what the USA did e.g.

• Haha 1

Just now, Khabib said:

You seemingly get aggressive. Are you drunk too, because alcohol does affect people in different ways. Me, I'm very happy- nout wrong with that.

So am I happy just off to watch a Netflix conspiracy series. ????????

• Like 1

The relevant thing is, nobody has a right to attack people for their own personal opinions. Regardless of conspiracy theories and whatever went before on this thread, I very much enjoy the stimulation of joining in. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, imo 555

7 hours ago, BritManToo said:

If I want to think the world is flat or God is real ......... it doesn't matter if it's true, or a lie, or misinformation.

It doesn't affect your life.

If you choose the actions you take in life in a random fashion completely unrelated to what you think or believe then your assumption that it doesn't affect @ozimoron may very well be correct.  BUT, if you behave rationally and your thoughts and beliefs DO influence your actions your assumption is probably invalid.

So are you behaving rationally or not?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, gamb00ler said:

If you choose the actions you take in life in a random fashion completely unrelated to what you think or believe then your assumption that it doesn't affect @ozimoron may very well be correct.  BUT, if you behave rationally and your thoughts and beliefs DO influence your actions your assumption is probably invalid.

So are you behaving rationally or not?

Wow, deep man!

17 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

So no part of CRT is being taught to youngsters in the US, and you know this How? So all those parents who have seen the curriculum during online lessons are wrong, all those parents protesting are wrong?

Typical, the US..............the only country in the world.....? Who is talking about the US?

9 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

Not at all who do you think you are I believe want want to believe and I do beleive some what RT says, look what they did in Afghanistan and what the USA did e.g.

Who do you think you are to ask me who do I think I am. Didn't tell you what to do. Just note that in my opinion care needs to be taken as RT, despite the merits or otherwise of individual stories, is a propaganda arm of the Russian government. 

I don't care for Putin or what he represents so I have an opinion on RT. 

2 hours ago, Jeffr2 said:

But that's what's fueling the vaccine hesitancy.  Conspiracy theories.  So yes, we do have a right to attack them.  And luckily, they dont last very long here on this forum.

Agree with your statement to a great extent, especially the part about "fuelling vaccine hesitancy", and not only that I read a few posts back that someone was extolling the virtues of Qanon and similar "news" outlets.

So IMO, is the question about someone having an opinion and not "attacking" them, or is it about someone who believes in such utter nonsense as, "Pizzagate", paedophile rings and satanic events/worship, and letting them bring such rubbish to the forum?

Some may argue that it is a right for them to have that belief/opinion, but where does that end and common sense come into play, because people who believe rubbish like that surely have to be branded as absolute nutters.

• Thanks 2