Supreme Court sentences construction tycoon Premchai to two and a half years

webfact

45 minutes ago, Robin said:

If I was a betting man, I would be putting money on him not spending any time in  general prison cell.  Limo waiting to take him to the airport?

No escape once you've been sentenced in person. If he was going to be allowed to escape abroad it would have been before sentencing, or they could have overturned his sentence.  Why would they uphold the sentence, have him carted away and then let him go??  

So all these people who think he's got a limo or plane on standby are wrong - he's going to jail. 

Edited by josephbloggs
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

I hope they were remanded immediately, and not allowed to be out on bail getting their affairs in order ie... A fast Gulf Stream 6 to head to Dubai......

And on to Africa for Lion, Elephant and Rhino.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Classic Ray said:

I think the man already has a history of poor health so will be probably allowed to serve his sentence in hospital as previously happened with another prominent prisoner.

Has he been hospitalised these past months?. If not then why now?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ezzra said:

Somehow i get the feeling he's going to have the nicest cell in the prison and with all the perks and "visitations" he'll desire...

I remember a VIP being sentenced to prison a few years ago. He spent a few hours there before 'falling ill' and being transferred to a fancy hospital suite. Then, as usual, the media lost interest and I don't know how long he was there.

• Like 2

Now - will they defer his sentence to house arrest or simply parole?  Does Thailand have a country-club prison for the wealthy?  This story isn't over imho.  Not in a country with a known two-tiered justice system.  If he actually does the time for the crime?  Then my respects to both Thailand and Premchai for not doing a Red Bull Runner.

2 hours ago, josephbloggs said:

No escape once you've been sentenced in person. If he was going to be allowed to escape abroad it would have been before sentencing, or they could have overturned his sentence.  Why would they uphold the sentence, have him carted away and then let him go??  

So all these people who think he's got a limo or plane on standby are wrong - he's going to jail. 

I believe it when I see it.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, prakhonchai nick said:

The Nation is not carrying the story either.   Is something happening behind the scenes?

The Nation "Breaking News" is now carrying the story - misunderstanding as quoted below:-

SC sentences Premchai to a total 3 years 2 months in prison for poaching, hunting

The latest sentence was announced due to the prosecutor's misunderstanding earlier in the day that the Appeal Court had revoked the charge for allegedly concealing a wildlife carcass, which could have resulted in an eight-month reduction in the sentence handed down to Premchai and his two accomplices.

https://www.nationthailand.com/in-focus/40009763

1 hour ago, ArcticFox said:

Now - will they defer his sentence to house arrest or simply parole?  Does Thailand have a country-club prison for the wealthy?  This story isn't over imho.  Not in a country with a known two-tiered justice system.  If he actually does the time for the crime?  Then my respects to both Thailand and Premchai for not doing a Red Bull Runner.

A Thai friend has assured me that Premchai's stay will be less like the Bangkok Hilton prison and more like the Bangkok Hilton hotel.  Private room with all the amenities not offered to the general population.

1 hour ago, prakhonchai nick said:

The animals that were killed no doubt had good health, but received a death sentence.  Let him reflect on that!

So, can we assume you are total vegetarian, have never eaten anything that you can class as animal, or do you use the same excuse as Thai Buddhist use - I didn't kill? 

• Like 1