More Omicron Cases Likely in January

snoop1130

13 minutes ago, Stubby said:

It's not only the media; it's the media puppets, too.

I skip most of these COVID19 updates now to avoid the Doom & Gloom merchants. There are folks on here who SLAM any hint of positivity. Seriously, some people can't get enough of the misery, and they disguise their pessimism with one-liners like... "I'm just being realistic, that's all," (said in a sarcastic tone). Yes, you know who you are, and my advice is to STOP IT, just... STOP IT, and get some fresh air. 

Geesh, these are the kind of Barstool Bobs you'd run from a mile from if you spotted them in a local watering hole. 

Stubby 

So true. Post of the day. 

Edited by Kadilo
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Oblomov said:

I'd imagine some were a lot worse than that.

Someone came up with an 'excess deaths' argument but of course there are excess deaths when a previously unknown (in  humans) virus is unleashed - don't we all accept a certain number of deaths from a million  different conditions annually ?  -  but then as treatments catch up a bit and more is known then a realistic number of deaths becomes yet another part of accepted statistics. 

No doubt that the obesity and unhealthy diets and lifestyles of so many affects the ability of those to have any natural ability to survive these types of viruses. 

One thing I would like to mention, I am only going to state what I have read during the time of this pandemic.

The Asian flu of 1957 had fatalities of about 2 million people world wide, at that time there was nowhere near the number of obese people the way it is today, don't know about smoking, but nowhere near the heavy drinkers and druggies there are today.

If back in 1957 there was the same amount of obese people, heavy drinkers and druggies there are today, how would things have fared back then? 

What if there were not the same obese people, heavy drinkers and druggies there are today?

would this pandemic have been anywhere near as bad as it is?

Anybody have any thoughts on this?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

One thing I would like to mention, I am only going to state what I have read during the time of this pandemic.

The Asian flu of 1957 had fatalities of about 2 million people world wide, at that time there was nowhere near the number of obese people the way it is today, don't know about smoking, but nowhere near the heavy drinkers and druggies there are today.

If back in 1957 there was the same amount of obese people, heavy drinkers and druggies there are today, how would things have fared back then? 

What if there were not the same obese people, heavy drinkers and druggies there are today?

are you sure that it was in 1957 ?

Professor criticises lack of transparency and alarmism.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10305417/Fury-lack-transparency-UKs-Omicron-death-victim-fully-jabbed-vulnerable.html

“The average age of death of Covid is 82.5 so a lot of 82-year-old people die in a year, at any one time,' he said.

'No details have been released, I suspect it's just some old boy that's tested positive, he may have died in his sleep or with a heart attack, who knows?”

• Like 2

1 hour ago, possum1931 said:

Very true and been saying this for years - modern medicine and treatments are literally life changing today but as you say they can only be truly efficacious in those of us that take our own health and fitness seriously - those that don't can expect worse outcomes even with modern treatments.

There are also those that do have extremely dire health issues through no fault of their own.

This is a wake up call for all who can and have the intelligence, or even some visceral self-survival instinct, to tackle obesity with better diets and better fitness for themselves and more importantly their children. It's not a secret what causes bad health and weak immune responses in those that ignore personal good health in favour of the hope there'll always be a pill or injection. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Oblomov said:

As well as that, the agenda driven BBC, now widely ridiculed and disbelieved where once it was widely admired, makes a sensation of anything and fails to add context - does anyone seriously believe that if almost anywhere did the volume of testing and sequencing that the western and northern European countries did, then they wouldn't find variants and high/increasing rates? 

One thing is for sure, if this omicron fatality had fit their aims and been younger or healthy or slim, then the BBC would be using this info - BBC needs to be impelled to add context to data and lurid headlines so that populations can make rational assessments of the news.  Those of us that have first hand knowledge of wards are aware of what the BBC consistently fails to report.

So you are a medical professional?

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Megasin1 said:

I can't disagree with you on this, the BBC are one of the worst, but they are all at it. It seems that news reporting now primarily has become news creation whereby substance is replaced by the need to create mass hysteria with facts and reality deemed unnecessary. Its an attempt by news agencies to regain the initiative lost to social media, however they are all beginning to look stupid and if you consider the fuel shortage they created their actions verge on the criminal. They are dinosaurs that are so large that unfortunately the signal has not reached the brain yet, to let them know they are already dead.

Agree completely - I know other large orgs are equally guilty. Can't navigate through a BBC platform without it extolling the virtues of trans lifestyles at a time when those unfortunate children that were indulged too young, are now campaigning for the opposite and wish they'd been allowed to reach adulthood before taking extreme decisions.

The danger is that the more they try to manipulate opinion and mood and engineer societies, the bigger the reaction to it. Societies have never been more divided since BBC and others started this dangerous experiment

• Like 1

1 hour ago, possum1931 said:

Must also consider that the world population in 1957 was around 2.9 billion. In 2021 the world population is now  around 7.9 billion so the impact with covid on the greater density and number of people will be far greater since people are now living longer, there are far more obese, overweight and unhealthy people.

Think its natures way of covid and other viral diseases trying to get some natural balance for earth but it has a considerable foe it is up against with humans who just do not want to die.

Edited by userabcd
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Perhaps they will withhold reporting the real numbers of ormicron until after the new year super spreading activities and then use the real numbers as a further excuse to shut things down again. Except of course those establishments etc owned by the well connected.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Oblomov said:

Agree completely - I know other large orgs are equally guilty. Can't navigate through a BBC platform without it extolling the virtues of trans lifestyles at a time when those unfortunate children that were indulged too young, are now campaigning for the opposite and wish they'd been allowed to reach adulthood before taking extreme decisions.

The danger is that the more they try to manipulate opinion and mood and engineer societies, the bigger the reaction to it. Societies have never been more divided since BBC and others started this dangerous experiment

So what are your scientific and medical qualifications please?

Or are you a qualified TVF forum professor?

In norway with 5,5 million people the new cases is more than 6000.Thaind 4 cases....bla bla bla.Nobody belive ur <deleted>.Yup.thailand now try to sell healthincurance with a visa for 1 year.Are they really so stupid.Im not surprised!!!!

4 minutes ago, Oblomov said:

Instead of asking daft questions, do some thorough research yourself - it's all out there if you have the intellectual nous to filter out the tendentious nonsense.

TVF Professor LOL  That's hilarious. You'd be the TVF comedian right? 

I wouldn’t worry too much, he’s not even noticed TVF no longer exists and it’s now called AN. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Oblomov said:

Instead of asking daft questions, do some thorough research yourself - it's all out there if you have the intellectual nous to filter out the tendentious nonsense.

TVF Professor LOL  That's hilarious. You'd be the TVF comedian right? 

Thanks. Thought so.

No qualifications except Dr Google and his conspiracy friends.

I'll stick to qualified scientists not TVF make believe ones sitting on their Soi Bukahow bar stools.

Edited by Cherrytreeview
Edit
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, flyfrog said:

Looks like they're so proud to have some Omicron cases to spread the word on social media asap. Will this spread fear under the people? Yes. Do we give a damn? No

And it seems that also no damn is given by the armies that do not care about any lockdown (obviously neither about a vaccination) in order to be able to save the world from another pandemonium...

• Like 1

On 12/14/2021 at 1:06 PM, spidermike007 said:

I hope so. So far, it is revealing itself as less dangerous, and far less symptomatic than Delta. One death worldwide? Far less than a common flu.

This weak and feeble variant may be the near end of Covid. It should be celebrated and embraced, rather than feared. 

Well no one knows that yet. The  EU is  waiting to see what happens in UK , which will give a good idea on how dangerous this new variant is and how best to react. It’s only been a few weeks, let’s give them time. The UK is a good example having a large population of double/ triple vaxed and a similar population to other larger EU countries. Just heard this now from French immunologists and re animation doctors that are obviously very impatient of knowing more., Most important , everyone agrees , is getting the most people vaxed and triple vaxed quickly.

• Like 1