Phuket regains #1 spot for tourism as Thai and foreign tourists flood back

webfact

3 hours ago, Geoffggi said:

Nothing to do with it's the only place where things are more or less back to normal due to their privilege's that have not been given to other places, one could almost say a captive audience.  

All 6 of the tourists went to Phuket and spent 127 million ThB each in a 7 day period… It’s over … Thailand has been saved by the army … 55555555

• Haha 2

If the authorities on Samui were a little more commercial and BKK Airways more competitive we could have had at least our fair share here but sadly not the case. Hopefully that will improve in time as I still believe Samui is a premium destination. 

the only "flood" I'm seeing is on the news !   Localised flooding / heavy rain in the next few days for southern Thailand !!   Hope these tourists have brought their heavy weather gear .  

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, paul1804 said:

If the authorities on Samui were a little more commercial and BKK Airways more competitive we could have had at least our fair share here but sadly not the case. Hopefully that will improve in time as I still believe Samui is a premium destination. 

I was there last week the place is decimated was in the Central shopping plaza along with maybe 20 other shoppers and that was mid afternoon . Fishermans village in Bophut is like a war zone and the island I live on is not much better . It’s going to take a couple of years to get back to the good times . Samui is BKK airways biggest money earners in its entire fleet but instead of reducing the cost of flights to attract more visitors they keep them at a high price I choose to fly via  Suratthani if I want to travel within Thailand a much cheaper option 

3 hours ago, crazykopite said:

I was there last week the place is decimated was in the Central shopping plaza along with maybe 20 other shoppers and that was mid afternoon . Fishermans village in Bophut is like a war zone and the island I live on is not much better . It’s going to take a couple of years to get back to the good times . Samui is BKK airways biggest money earners in its entire fleet but instead of reducing the cost of flights to attract more visitors they keep them at a high price I choose to fly via  Suratthani if I want to travel within Thailand a much cheaper option 

I would visit Samui more often but i refuse to be ripped off by Bangkok Airways and it is too much of a pain to go via Surat Thani.

On 12/15/2021 at 4:26 PM, HappyExpat57 said:

Breaking news!
Pattaya just allowed open-air bars to serve again.

Let's just see how long Phuket stays #1.

Shut them again      Its all coming to a full stop  enjoy it while u can     2 more weeks Id say