Female Thai Student Assaulted, Robbed in US

snoop1130

4 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Rare, really you better look again.  I have many colleagues who are still Transit police and NYPD officers.  So much crime happening and they can only do so much. 1984 saw a vigilante shooting, and since then many more shootings on the subway happen

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/subway-riders-say-more-needs-to-be-done-to-keep-passengers-safe-after-2-men-shot-aboard-2-train-in-harlem/ar-AARsJUQ

1984? LMAO. This is scare mongering.  Yes there is Subway crime and over the last 40 years some strange things. It's completely not everyday!!! Not even close to violent crime everyday.  It's a safe transit system. You seem to remark on  the most remote strange crimes. The big apple is a big city. I grew up outside it and visit at least 4/5 times  a year. All in all it's a safe city to take the subway in. Cops let their kids ride it all the time. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, noserious said:

I have always discouraged my Thai friends from travel /study in the US. Way too much violence, crime and racism caused by the many degenerate, loser scumbags. America seems to create and attract the world's top 10% of grandiose, drug-using no-count bums.  Go to any large city in the US and you will find groups of young men just sitting in parks and standing on  street corners doing almost nothing except waiting for a crime of opportunity, selling or taking drugs. They are mostly men(some are women) of all colors who have no dreams and blame their woes on society, a broken education system,  mental illness or some other "justification". These deadbeats will blame anyone or anything for one's shortcomings just don't blame oneself or take responsibility for their abhorrent behavior. 

Thanks for the laugh. mate. :thumbsup:

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, sambum said:

Dated October 19 2021 from a leading New York news source:- 

"NEW YORK CITY (WABC) -- NYPD's new crime statistics show an alarming jump in violence in New York City's subway system, and robberies are fueling that trend" 

Yes. Fir the second time OCT had a spike. Why is everyone so thick on this. I've seen that report already was lower in May/June /July. 

4 hours ago, SiSePuede419 said:

New York City is one of the safest cities in America for violent crime and is the # 12th safest city in the world.

I am struggling with that one......if Japan has more than 12 Cities I am sure it is false.

Edited by jacko45k

6 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

Personally, I would have hung out in town, maybe breakfast before heading back to Queens ~ 7 AM on the subway. Safety in numbers. Or just splurged on an uber/lyft.

I don't ride the subway at 4am and I'm from NYC

that said the subway crime is out of control at all times of day, it's back to 1980's type of street crime

bail reform, Bill DeBlasio dumping the contents of Rikers Island in the street because of Covid etc.

This girl got hammered and was most likely on her way back to Elmhurst, Queens which is Thai Town in NYC.

• Like 2

I'm an 80 year-old male who lives half-time in New York and half-time in Thailand.  I never worry about taking the subway or any other transportation in NY.  Just a little squeamish about roads in Thailand.  Feel the same for my GF.

Edited by habuspasha
duplicated word
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, alex8912 said:

Sorry but not everyday events. 

Try again, happens everyday regardless if it gets posted.  Ask any of the local precincts to open up their crime books to you as well as the transit police.  Enjoy your view, because as a 31 year LEO veteran, I know more than you even think you know.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, alex8912 said:

1984? LMAO. This is scare mongering.  Yes there is Subway crime and over the last 40 years some strange things. It's completely not everyday!!! Not even close to violent crime everyday.  It's a safe transit system. You seem to remark on  the most remote strange crimes. The big apple is a big city. I grew up outside it and visit at least 4/5 times  a year. All in all it's a safe city to take the subway in. Cops let their kids ride it all the time. 

Wow you visit 4 to 5 times a year.  Lived there and worked in the city for over a year as a LEO. Your view as I said is not mine and not reality.  Agree to disagree, and now will say hasta la 'vista.

Read and see how it is now increasing since ridership has increased.

https://newyorklatestnews.com/subway-crime-increases-as-mta-passenger-numbers-recover-from-pandemic-lows-cbs-new-york/357337/

Edited by ThailandRyan

5 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

Yes, of course, entirely her fault...sigh

Where did I say it was her fault?

5 hours ago, NanLaew said:

Oh, so she was 'asking for it' then? If she was an older woman, it would all be fine? BTW, where's this 'short skirt' you talk of?

It's not fine for anyone to be attacked. Nor was she 'asking for it'. Nonetheless I stick to my observation that for a young woman - okay, any woman - to be alone on a subway platform at 4 am might not be the best choice.  Here's hoping they catch the scumbag.

5 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Where was it reported that this happened at 4am and that she was wearing a short skirt?

She was on her way home to Queens after seeing Daboyway, a Thai American rapper, in concert. At about 4 a.m., she was grabbed from behind in a chokehold, dragged along the northbound platform servicing the D, F, N and Q lines, thrown to the ground, punched in the face and robbed of her purse at the 34th Street Herald Square station.

https://news.yahoo.com/lucky-alive-nypd-looking-suspect-230907503.html and elsewhere if you can be bothered to look.

494385207_ScreenShot2021-12-16at16_18_35.jpg.d287638eff8e107a39f61739e4fba18d.jpg

3 hours ago, BritManToo said:

As a white man, I've never felt free to go where I want, when I want, and wear what I want.

And that was just around Shepherd's Bush, Hammersmith, Brixton and White City.

Kentish Town for me, chief. Deffo some places there you don't want to be walking around on your own late at night. Canal side walk anyone?

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, JeffersLos said:

Let's hope and pray that Thais don't try to get revenge by the first ever assault upon a Western female in Thailand. 

Was under the impression that whataboutism was waning out as a weary fashion. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jacko45k said:

I am struggling with that one......if Japan has more than 12 Cities I am sure it is false.

55 minutes ago, BKKBike09 said:

It's not fine for anyone to be attacked. Nor was she 'asking for it'. Nonetheless I stick to my observation that for a young woman - okay, any woman - to be alone on a subway platform at 4 am might not be the best choice.  Here's hoping they catch the scumbag.

She was on her way home to Queens after seeing Daboyway, a Thai American rapper, in concert. At about 4 a.m., she was grabbed from behind in a chokehold, dragged along the northbound platform servicing the D, F, N and Q lines, thrown to the ground, punched in the face and robbed of her purse at the 34th Street Herald Square station.

https://news.yahoo.com/lucky-alive-nypd-looking-suspect-230907503.html and elsewhere if you can be bothered to look.

494385207_ScreenShot2021-12-16at16_18_35.jpg.d287638eff8e107a39f61739e4fba18d.jpg

Kentish Town for me, chief. Deffo some places there you don't want to be walking around on your own late at night. Canal side walk anyone?

And the question was:- "Where was it reported that this happened at 4am and that she was wearing a short skirt?"

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BKKBike09 said:

All full of hipsters those areas now. Soy latte anyone? Look at my old Manor in East London. Stratford,canning Town. Limehouse. I n the 80s you was looking for a punch up they were the places to go. Now unrecognised 

2 hours ago, BKKBike09 said:

Here

11 hours ago, BKKBike09 said:

However, common sense might also suggest that an NYC subway platform at 4 am is not the best place to be for a young woman in a short skirt.  

• Like 2

13 hours ago, BKKBike09 said:

Women should be free to go where they want, when they want, and wear what they want.

However, common sense might also suggest that an NYC subway platform at 4 am is not the best place to be for a young woman in a short skirt.  

Yep, women should not be allowed to go out late or dressed how they like.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 12/15/2021 at 7:22 AM, ThailandRyan said:

Exactly.  My view is they are just trying to stir the pot up.

Believe me.. In New York City, those thugs are not discriminate among who they rob.  Race, Gender or Religious affiliation has no bearing at all.   

• Haha 1