Central platform to simplify entry preparations for tourists unveiled

snoop1130

I am going against you guys today.  These goals are not bad goals.  I do think putting in one package makes sense.  But the online world is getting better here.

The internet is quite good all over Thailand.

I finally can do a 90 day report online.

I was able to get my QR scan code for vaccination online.

So in my opinion things here are improving regarding computer.  What would be most constructive is for the Thai computer people to work with this forum to boil down the essential information needed for travel and put it in one package.

Sorry guys, I am hopeful today.  

• Like 1

15 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The central platform for tourists is expected to simplify international visitors’ experience in making preparations to visit Thailand.

But it won't though will it.

1 hour ago, darrenr said:
  • 4. Certificate of criminal record clearance from the country of nationality. The certificate should be valid not more than three months and should be notarized by notary organs or the applicant's diplomatic or consular mission.

what the hell does this mean ! For a non Imm O-A retirement visa 

won’t they just accept an original police clearance (I am in Australia so would be a national police clearance from my state police force ), or nearest consular mission to Qld Is Sydney, so I have to send it down there just to get stamped , can’t I justice get it certified by. JP (justice of the peace)

Have they closed the one in Brisbane ? There is also not one in WA last time i checked.

2 hours ago, misterphil said:

How about getting the contactless payment system sorted out so we don't have to touch money? 

There are several methods: scan and transfer (app from your bank), pre-paid cards such as Rabbit, contact-less bank cards, and proprietary payment methods from some phone brands... it all works, what's your problem?

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, misterphil said:

COE, Thailand Pass, now this? ????

When are they going to get it in to their heads that tourists aren't interested anymore. Its too much drama for a holiday. Then when you get here its face masks all the time.

I wasn't surprised that on my return last week my wife told me that we have to wear face masks in a car. What? We are a family of 3, we live in the same house, sleep in the same bed and we have to wear a face mask in our car? Are you serious? How about getting the contactless payment system sorted out so we don't have to touch money? 

To date, unless there has been another one there are 2 studies on face masks, one from Bangladesh the other from Denmark .

You will have to search for them but the efficacy between m95, I think they call medical masks and cloth masks was not much different however I have not got the link but I'm sure it will be easy to find. 

• Confused 2

16 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

linkages include those for the Thailand Pass system, the Mo Chana system, Covid insurance purchase, a tourism destinations directory, the tourism volunteers system, online visa application, and the tax refund system for tourists

the mind boggles ......   can they make it any more difficult to come to Thailand  ?

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, SunsetT said:

Just take it away from Immigration completely. They just love to make their tasks more and more time consuming in order to puff up their egos and to justify their existence. Just observe the endless, mindless and repeated checking of the wads of paperwork still being shuffled around at immigration when extending visas, etc.

what ever happened to a vaccine certificate then a test upon entry ......     or is that too simple    !

• Like 1

15 hours ago, treetops said:

Looks like this which is not new and was supposed to do what was described except for COE instead of Thailand Pass a while back.

https://www.entrythailand.go.th/en/

It wasn't much use then and I don't expect it'll be any better now.  Warning - you may get a security certificate error when opening it due to the professionalism of whoever is behind it.

And it won't let you in if you're using a vpn. Like you said, "the professionalism."

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Oxx said:

Why does it take so ridiculously long to load? Over 30 seconds on my PC with a fast broadband connection.

To answer partially my own question:

(1) It makes a ridiculous 55 requests to the server before it can display anything other than the annoying spinning thing.

(2) It loads an enormous total of 3.9 MB.

(3) The largest file is a photograph of a street scene at 575 kB.  You can see it at http://entrythailand.go.th/logistic/images/counter-bg.jpg

(4) The next three largest files are also images, at 541 kB, 416 kB & 295 kB.  Totally unnecessarily enormous.

(5) CSS totals 577 kB.

In short, it seems the site was developed by inexperienced or incompetent programmers, and was probably only ever tested on a local network, so the performance might have appeared OK to them.  Shockingly bad.

Probably using a DB2 database and connecting through a 28.8 baud modem.

Just call it a Help Page, as it seems the applicant still has to perform all the Circus tricks to enter the country.

16 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Examples of said linkages include those for the Thailand Pass system, the Mo Chana system, Covid insurance purchase, a tourism destinations directory, the tourism volunteers system, online visa application, and the tax refund system for tourists. Mr. Phiphat expressed confidence that the central platform will improve tourist satisfaction.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, hotchilli said:

Or people will read what's above and book another country....

I was planning a trip next April to see family in the states. Now, not so much. Risking that much money on a leap of faith with the Thai gubmint - seems less and less likely with each passing day.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

He added the government wanted people in Thailand to enjoy the festivities after a long period of absence.

When Omnicorn spreads and ravages this place like it now is in the west, don't come back and blame the people like last time.