If a dog sinks its teeth into you, what to do?

12 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

Maybe it will grow up to a biter from being interbred I hope there's no small kids around. 

12 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

Even if it is a street dog you can always see which is the dominant breed.

If he bites him and why take him for a dog companion, which can become dangerous when the dog becomes more adult, he will want to command the pack so even before growing up he will kill him in order to make them understand that he is the master.

The non-canine culture of many dog owners is the result of many dramas.

23 minutes ago, BE88 said:

I highly recommend that you get a book to learn how to educate a dog of the breed you have a home.

It's a generic Thai dog.  The kind you see eating, fighting, and lying thoughtlessly on the road in every village. 

I'd be glad to send the little sociopath packing, but it ain't my decision. I'm not the master of the household. 

In fact, I might even be lower on the totem pole than the thing that bit my face.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, BananaBandit said:

It's a generic Thai dog.  The kind you see eating, fighting, and lying thoughtlessly on the road in every village. 

I'd be glad to send the little sociopath packing, but it ain't my decision. I'm not the master of the household. 

In fact, I might even be lower on the totem pole than the thing that bit my face.

The Thai dogs are not generic, they all have a predominance of races.

Steadily stopped playing with this dog, behave with authority

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BE88 said:

Even if it is a street dog you can always see which is the dominant breed.

If he bites him and why take him for a dog companion, which can become dangerous when the dog becomes more adult, he will want to command the pack so even before growing up he will kill him in order to make them understand that he is the master.

The non-canine culture of many dog owners is the result of many dramas.

Never had a dog in UK that bite,  in Thailand I here of many people getting bitten,  the attitude here is different.

I would of thought if the OP's pup is like that now biting an Adult then to keep if there's kids around is not what would do. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

Never had a dog in UK that bite,  in Thailand I here of many people getting bitten,  the attitude here is different.

I would of thought if the OP's pup is like that now biting an Adult then to keep if there's kids around is not what would do. 

You touch a sensitive matter, generally speaking a dog feels by instinct what his owner wants.

Personally I lived this experience in Thailand due to a certain malice of person but for prevention when I go for long walks I always take a telescopic defense with me. It has already saved me from many problems.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Kwasaki said:

Well loose dogs around us get taken away even during the lock down pandemic time here. 

I find it sad that Thai people are so irresponsible about taking care of dogs period and just letting them breed and just kick em out or dump them at a temple.

I heard recently of a dog killing a kid in UK and it was shot by police  hope the owner serves a life sentence. 

Asia as you know well to a different culture than the West, in some areas of Thailand dogs and cats are part of their culinary culture as in Vietnam. While we Westerners consider them as part of the family and we would never think of eating them for dinner.

Mentalities are gradually changing in Asia too but it still takes time. Maybe it takes time for us to get used to eating insects instead of eating the meat of animals, thinking only of the steak and not of the animal that grazes peacefully before being taken to the slaughterhouse.

As you can see, basically it's all a question of different ways of culture, and Asia for us is another world.

• Like 2