Airlines alerted to Thailand’s new regulations for ‘Test and Go’, ‘Sandbox’ schemes

webfact

D4016A55-EDCA-4AFC-BBFE-934D361E4E98.jpg

The Civil Aviation Authority of Thailand (CAAT) has issued a Notice to Air Missions (NOTAM) alerting airlines around the world of Thailand’s new regulations regarding passengers travelling to Thailand under the “Test and Go” and “Sandbox” programs, intended to prevent the spread of the Omicron variant.

The CAAT is also seeking cooperation from all airlines by helping to check the documents of their passengers travelling to Thailand, to ensure they meet the new regulations.

The CAAT’s action follows the decision yesterday, by Thailand’s Centre for COVID-19 Administration (CCSA), to suspend immediately the issuance of the “Thailand Pass” to travellers from 63 low-risk countries and territories for travel to Thailand with only minimal quarantine of no more than one day.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/airlines-alerted-to-thailands-new-regulations-for-test-and-go-sandbox-schemes/

Logo-top-.png
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 2

well ticket prices will go up further , bcs of uncertantity and lower volume of passengers

chaos pur

never expected that  i have a ticket ow singapore air this weeknd to cambodia  , and RT ticket from bangkok with singapore air

plan was , go to thailand middle january and february fly back from bkk , but now cant get this flight without quarantaene

tickets are worthless in this case , and if buy a spare rt ticket from cambodia back the only good ticket is 1100 usd eco class

dont know i fly now

37 minutes ago, Cherrytreeview said:

BA and EVA not flying direct from Heathrow now.

Just leaves Thai airways to have a field day rinsing the people who wish to fly directly to BKK.

Seems BA knows there will be no demand for low season travel to Thailand with all the hoop jumping and restrictions. They have obviously had a look at forward bookings.

Not everyone wants to travel through the middle east hubs adding another covid infection opportunity into an already stressful journey.

Was having a look for a friend near Manx for the quickest flight for him.

this was the only one ( not sore about Heathrow

A4F6DDB9-3CC5-4B6D-9041-31C1ACBDF57D.png

I hope airlines will not get paranoid and start rejecting TP passengers to be on the safe side. Not all airline employees read Thaivisa. Besides, can airline employees read TP QR codes? Probably not. The COE was more explicit as it was more than a QR code. 

8 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

I agree and as proven by the infected muslims that thought is a great idea in a pandemic to go on a holy pilgrimage and mix with 100,000's of others !

The Saudi authorities control the Haj so it was their decision. Perhaps they are not panicking. They are experts in the mass movement of people and contagion. I was there during the MERS Crisis, Swine flu epidemic and the Avian flu outbreak.  The Saudis can be ruthless and effective administrators

• Like 1

so what are the new regs?

do the tourists now have to have a 7 day reservation at an approved hotel

in which they are jailed until their 2nd test comes back neg?

I was planning to go the the usa over xmas/NY

but didnt due to having a hard time finding affordable flights

I am glad I am not heading out of here now

hello, phuket....

2 hours ago, poskat said:

so what are the new regs?

do the tourists now have to have a 7 day reservation at an approved hotel

in which they are jailed until their 2nd test comes back neg?

I was planning to go the the usa over xmas/NY

but didnt due to having a hard time finding affordable flights

I am glad I am not heading out of here now

hello, phuket....

Boom.

Expected this to be first post, not bottom of page 1.

They advise airliines of new regs but not release new regs.  Genius indeed.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Simply not true. That is not the reason given but it is a typical comment from a bitter Thai basher in their never ending task of knocking Thailand whist conviniently overlooking the inadequacy of their own country.

Agree. Pre wuhuflu I had hassle at a few airports where check in staff were totally unaware of visa rules for Thailand. They didn't know anything about visa exempt or visa on arrival. Usually they looked ad though they left school two weeks before and couldn't find their backside with two hands never mind Thailand on a map.

• Sad 1

I thought the news-blip was rather straightforward.

The replies on the other hand, mostly completely irrelevant, and obviously from people who didn't read what the policy changes actually are, not that it would affect them anyway, unless they planned on utilizing the T&G scheme.

Doubt very much if it's a major surprise to any of the airlines, and they'll quickly adjust.

It really shouldn't be a surprise to anyone.  Only surprise was Thailand once again, opened back up, and again, paid the price for it.  

• Like 1
  • Confused 1