Anyone know if Beer Laos available 7 eleven?

Kenny202

1 minute ago, Kenny202 said:

And what with the 2014 TV/ AN Lol? What is that supposed to mean?

I think he means to say, that you are e member from TV (Thaivisa) and AN (Aseannow) since 2014 and since then booze can only be sold from 11-2pm and 5pm-11pm (not sure if it's 11pm never go out to 7/11 that late ????)

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Kenny202 said:

Surely not, currently 25ks away in a village. What a ridiculous thing to say. Last village I lived in was further away. have you ever been out of Pattaya? There isn't a 7/11 on every corner up country. And what with the 2014 TV/ AN Lol? What is that supposed to mean? 

You did not say where you lived, so how would someone know if your 'local' 7.11 stocked Lao beer?

Yes, I have been out of Pattaya most of my time in Thailand.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

You did not say where you lived, so how would someone know if your 'local' 7.11 stocked Lao beer?

Yes, I have been out of Pattaya most of my time in Thailand.

His profile says Bangkok.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, KannikaP said:

All 7.11s near Phitsanulok sell it by the bottle , as does Lotus' and Big C, and as already said, Makro. 

Not near us (Buriram). Makro is order only (seldom have it). Tops is your best bet here (but usual only have 2-3 cases) when I see them I buy them all (if it's Beer Lao Dark that is) :whistling:

1 minute ago, Kenny202 said:

Thanks for the replies guys

In Pattaya you should check out the 7/11 in Soi Buakhao or near there and of course Tops I already mentioned (and in Tops you can order them, just tell them you don't want a case but x bottles and they will order it, but if they don't have it, it can take a couple of days / weeks

4 minutes ago, MJCM said:

Not near us (Buriram). Makro is order only (seldom have it). Tops is your best bet here (but usual only have 2-3 cases) when I see them I buy them all (if it's Beer Lao Dark that is) :whistling:

Which will make you jolly popular with anyone who likes Beer Lao Dark in the Buriram area!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, herfiehandbag said:

Which will make you jolly popular with anyone who likes Beer Lao Dark in the Buriram area!

When I buy I usually give 1 case (or more) to friends of mine!! (and they do the same). We all like it!!

So NO i'm not selfish!

Ps: And it's a 60km trip for me to the City so I don't (can't) go everyday to do shopping or check if they have stock

Edited by MJCM

47 minutes ago, MJCM said:

I think he means to say, that you are e member from TV (Thaivisa) and AN (Aseannow) since 2014 and since then booze can only be sold from 11-2pm and 5pm-11pm (not sure if it's 11pm never go out to 7/11 that late ????)

I could even get whisky at 2 am in BKK.Stopped a taxi and ask him if he know where i can get it.He make 2 phonecalls and we ended up in a big storage near bang na.I gave him a bottle of sang som after that.He said thank u and would go home get drunk.Everybody happy..but my ex wasnt that happy..55

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, stigar said:

I could even get whisky at 2 am in BKK.Stopped a taxi and ask him if he know where i can get it.He make 2 phonecalls and we ended up in a big storage near bang na.I gave him a bottle of sang som after that.He said thank u and would go home get drunk.Everybody happy..but my ex wasnt that happy..55

5555 (way to go)

Edited by MJCM
  • Like 1

No Beer Lao at any of the 7's out here in the sticks. Gotta go to the Tops or Makro in the changwat capital an hour away for it.

I could really go for some. Man it's smooth, a lot better than Leo and Chang. Getting real sick of those. Last night I downed two tall Chang cans while watching The Replacement Killers on Mono 29. Ugh, it's so damn bitter. But does the job I guess, inebriation to enhance my viewing pleasure.

The Replacement Killers. Hard to believe it's been over 20 years already. Remember when Chow Yuen Fat was the name on everyone's lips? A gun in each hand, emptying the clips? Headshots, blood everywhere? Man I can't believe they show it on regular prime time TV. And Mira Sorvino, running alongside him half naked. Man she was SMOKIN.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I bought some in Family Mart about a year ago...but it was unfortunately stale and flat like it had been sitting in a truck in the sun for a few days. This was just after first wave of pandemic so that was likely the case. I'll try again as I really like it more than most of the swill here. Not a big beer drinker so when I do indulge I want to enjoy it. Singha Reserve is pretty decent too.

20 hours ago, MJCM said:

I have only seen it for sale in 7/11 in Pattaya never in our local (Isarn) 7/11 (don't know about Bangkok sorry)

You can also check out Tops supermarket they usual have it and they sell per bottle as well

Many 7/11's in Khon Kaen stock Beer Laos, also the IPA kind which is great.

21 hours ago, KannikaP said:

Surely there must be a 7.11 close to you so you can go in and look as not all do have it.

And booze is not available from 2-5pm, and I think that it has not been since 2014 when you joined TV/AN.   LOL

My experience has been the rule has not always been universally enforced. There were times I had no problem buying whisky at supermarkets anytime.

• Confused 1

22 hours ago, Kenny202 said:

You blokes live in your own little world and think everyone is the same.

Yes indeed, I totally agree. Where I lived among the mountains in Lanna, the nearest 7-11 was 35km away in Phayao - and a winding mountain road to get to it! However I shopped at the new Tesco Supermarket that was soon built. So different from the "condo to beach to bar stool to condo" routine.