Omicron Cases Soar

snoop1130

01.jpg

BANGKOK, Dec 27 (TNA) – The number of people infected with the Omicron variant of COVID-19 is soaring with clusters in many provinces, according to the Center for COVID-19 Situation Administration.

CCSA assistant spokesperson Apisamai Srirangson said there were 2,437 new COVID-19 cases over the past 24 hours. Meanwhile, 3,845 patients fully recovered and were discharged from hospitals.

Full Story: https://tna.mcot.net/english-news-850406

tnalogo.jpg
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Petey11 said:

Yet the reported figures not supporting this statement. Calls into to question the validity of official figures.

What are the reported figures and how do the call into question the official figures? 

Are the reported figures not official and coming from the same place? 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Doubling how quickly?

Waiting for a booster IF you can get one earlier is totally silly now.

You'll be infected before you get it. 

Yup you can bet on that

They simply cannot cope with normal let alone bouster injections

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Doubling how quickly?

Waiting for a booster IF you can get one earlier is totally silly now.

You'll be infected before you get it. 

Allegations are 2.4 to 3 days.  IT could be much quicker, now couldn't it?  And how many people get it with zero symptoms?  They think probably lots.  The only way to know will be some time down the road when they can study this and the dust settles when the pandemic is over.

It doesn't matter what we hope for, the virus will do what it does.  But I will provide some hope for myself  - it is very benign (to vaccinated), it provides herd immunity so I am pleased that it is spreading.  Even if I wasn't pleased it was spreading it will continue to do what it does.  

I am more afraid of spiders than omicron.  Personal opinion and I will stand by it.  

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, SidJames said:

In thailand everyone is put in a hospital if they are tested & found positive.

Poor thias are put into field hospitals, richer ones pay or are insured enough to go into a private hospital & foreigners are put into private hospitals at their own expense or the the expense of their insurance companies.

Most of the rest of the world only send their vulnerable & sick to hospital when they have rona

That's why the best indicator of how serious the cases are is to look at how severely ICU units are stressed. For example:

COVID In Minnesota: State Reports 98% Occupancy Rate In Hospital ICUs

https://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2021/12/07/covid-in-minnesota-state-reports-98-occupancy-rate-in-hospital-icus/

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

They have predicted that it could go to 20k to 30k a day early 2022. If they know that already I am wondering why they don't cancel the celebrations and travelling..Should it be the same as Songkran? with all the restrictions that will follow...

TUI nordic have cancel all fligths to thailand until april next year.30.000 passengers is affected of this.Thailand should never open in november.I think this will hit thailand hard after new year.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SidJames said:

In thailand everyone is put in a hospital if they are tested & found positive.

Poor thias are put into field hospitals, richer ones pay or are insured enough to go into a private hospital & foreigners are put into private hospitals at their own expense or the the expense of their insurance companies.

Most of the rest of the world only send their vulnerable & sick to hospital when they have rona

They changed that policy already, not every one who tests positive is in 2 week quarantine .people with no symptoms isolate at home. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

9 hours ago, Yellowtail said:

What are the reported figures and how do the call into question the official figures? 

Are the reported figures not official and coming from the same place? 

Daily totals reported are dropping but then they say many clusters happening and rising. Maybe there is a week's time lag from testing to entering the system?

9 hours ago, seajae said:

this is expected with the attitude of many here, like the road laws etc, following the regulations  is all optional especially if it stops you from doing what ever you want to

And that is exactly what i love about Thailand. Freedom with a bit of own responsibility.

• Like 1