Will the bars open on January 16th

2long

BARS!: What will happen in early Jan?  

143 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Even if they are allowed to open, will they open?

(Gogo) bars need customers and big bars need lots of customers when they want to be able to afford lots of candy on stage.

And in the moment there are just not enough customers for all those bars.

It seems some owners who own several bars think about opening maybe one of them and then look what will happen.

Now some (many?) bar owners have arrangements with their landlords because the bars are closed. If they open again then those landlords want more money. Will the bars make enough money to afford that? For many the answer is probably: No.

ButterFly20201220.jpg.00e528e6f0c98593571459470a4bb984.jpg

Options pairs 1 and 3, and 2 and 3 aren't mutually exclusive.

It goes without saying that they'll leave the decision to the last minute.

And, no, they won't be allowed to re-open. If anything there'll be *more* restrictions coming, not less.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SiSePuede419 said:

January 16? 

That's pretty specific.

You celebrating your birthday or Martin Luther King Jr. Day Eve? ????

This was a date previously announced in November or so.  Original open date was December 1, then it was cancelled with a possible January 16 date.

• Like 2

This may or may not indicate anything, but last week on social media I saw an advertisement for girls to work an at entertainment venue that is closed right now.  So at least one owner is taking steps to get ready to open.  He could have inside information, or could just be very optimistic.

Unfortunately Covid is taking its ugly toll again.  The Omicron being highly contagious.  Not a good idea for bars to open.

Honestly this bar issue always seems to be a hot topic.  It gives the impression that  one of the main reasons for a number of people to visit or move to Thailand is for cheap booze .  And hanging out in bars. 

8 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

(Gogo) bars need customers and big bars need lots of customers when they want to be able to afford lots of candy on stage.

It seems some owners who own several bars think about opening maybe one of them and then look what will happen.

Now some (many?) bar owners have arrangements with their landlords because the bars are closed. If they open again then those landlords want more money. Will the bars make enough money to afford that? For many the answer is probably: No.

ButterFly20201220.jpg.00e528e6f0c98593571459470a4bb984.jpg

Dude, you just made my day and memories of pre March 2020 just came flooding back!

Thanks so much.

• Thanks 1

I guess they will be open somewhere in the world. If not there is always Emirates upstairs bar and maybe a few cruise liners that can ignore our overlords. Failing that I'll be constructing one in my garden and open up any hours I wish.......2 can play at being a dictator.

17 hours ago, WEBBYB808 said:

What are you getting at?  All the bars are legally  and illegally  opened already spreading the covid.  You should go out and catch some!  Safety  is out the window

The go-go bars are NOT open in Pattaya.. 

9 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Shttttt, beers have to be cheap otherwise the foreigners wont come so these bars wont survive. At least not on the Thavisa crowd who thinks bars should run for free.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, murraynz said:

The go-go bars are NOT open in Pattaya.. 

Lol.. who needs bars anyway?  You can enjoy anything  you want outside of the extortion of the bars.  Pay less money and on your own terms.  The ladies are starting to realize this.  If you know where to look then you have options.

13 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

I'd guess they'll be closed after new year, there's a mutiny going on

We wilk have to see.  I know now covid is all over soi 6, and thats where they all started the rebellion and open without the SHA +...  And now those bars are starting close again.  So yes,  the bib way is to give them enough rope, and then strike