What Movies or TV shows are you watching (2022)

CharlieH

19 minutes ago, giddyup said:

What wouldn't happen is someone running around after an arrow has skewered your guts, front to back, wildly firing a revolver with great accuracy, and killing more Indians. Lost me then.

Well all can say it is a film or TV series so anything goes. 

My question was how far away was the arrow fired at close range it can go in and out the other side of a person. 

5 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

Well all can say it is a film or TV series so anything goes. 

My question was how far away was the arrow fired at close range it can go in and out the other side of a person. 

I just laugh when people say how authentic it is. At least Deadwood didn't take itself too seriously.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, giddyup said:

I just laugh when people say how authentic it is. At least Deadwood didn't take itself too seriously.

Yeah I guess just like anything people like films and TV stuff I don't and vice versa.

I'm waiting for something to come to Netflix in a story series.

Watching films which are bearable but have of late been watching old films again for a 2nd or 3rd time. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, giddyup said:

Nobody can say it isn't.  I'll ask the next 150 ish yr old cowboy I see ... they'll know.

Edited by KhunLA
  • Haha 1

Oscar nominations for Best Picture

“Belfast”

“CODA”

“Don’t Look Up”

“Drive My Car"

“Dune”

“King Richard”

“Licorice Pizza”

“Nightmare Alley”

“The Power of the Dog”

“West Side Story”

Would you pick one of these movies as the best picture of 2022 or do you have another?

I have not seen “West Side Story”,  “Licorice Pizza”  or "Drive My Car" but if I had to pick one of these I think I would pick "King Richard". I don't really remember all the movies I have seen in 2022 but "Finch" is one I really enjoyed and do not see on the list of nominations.

• Thanks 1

This is Going to Hurt.

RAR

New one from the Beeb has some decent reviews.

Summary: Set on labour ward with all its hilarity and heart-lifting highs but also its gut-wrenching lows, the show delivers a brutally honest depiction of life as a junior doctor on the wards, and the toll the job can take back home.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Will27 said:

Arnold's lifestyle on a battered houseboat in Chelsea's Cheyne Walk contrasts sharply with the affluent elite whose crimes he helps solve

Hope they dont make him out to be to poor---just to moor a boat in that street you need a few bob.

I am way out of touch with London now, but that street use to have houses belonging to Somerset Maugham--Kieth Richards brought that one- Ian Fleming-- Michael Bloomberg, lives there when he is not in New York. ... Laurence Oliver, --house, Now owned by Russian billionaire Roman Abramovich--  Mick Jagger and Marianne Faithfull rented out Dracula author Bram Stoker's house  for years....George Best,house taken over by  Mick Fleetwood.....etc

Sorry We Missed You -  2019

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8359816/

Hoping that self-employment through gig economy can solve their financial woes, a hard-up UK delivery driver and his wife struggling to raise a family end up trapped in the vicious circle of this modern-day form of labour exploitation.

These days I usually don't bother with emotional type films anymore. Am at the age where I just want to be entertained without lots of woke and deep emotional stuff. Give me good cowboy flick that I can just relax and simply just enjoy.

Having said that I got drawn into this movie and thought it was very good. A real reflection on family life in UK these days. (What happened to the nanny state I people keep talking about?)

Available on TVChaos and 133x and probably lots of other place too.

416545920_SorryWeMissedyou.jpg.cec2febf6128dd285fa9f6349ab78357.jpg

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Daffy D said:

Sorry We Missed You -  2019

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8359816/

Hoping that self-employment through gig economy can solve their financial woes, a hard-up UK delivery driver and his wife struggling to raise a family end up trapped in the vicious circle of this modern-day form of labour exploitation.

These days I usually don't bother with emotional type films anymore. Am at the age where I just want to be entertained without lots of woke and deep emotional stuff. Give me good cowboy flick that I can just relax and simply just enjoy.

Having said that I got drawn into this movie and thought it was very good. A real reflection on family life in UK these days. (What happened to the nanny state I people keep talking about?)

Available on TVChaos and 133x and probably lots of other place too.

416545920_SorryWeMissedyou.jpg.cec2febf6128dd285fa9f6349ab78357.jpg

Thanks for the feedback, I'll have a look at that, and I see it was from the team who made the movie "I, Daniel Blake" which I thought was excellent, and a sad indictment of the way things are in the UK at the moment.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Mutt Daeng said:

Only another 10 and a half seasons left to watch.

Yer very good acting----be aware that the last season 11 they put in 6 episodes instead of the 4  they ran for ever other series.

And...she comes from Kent.......Pet

• Like 1

On 2/9/2022 at 8:34 AM, Will27 said:

Chelsea Detective

Episode one just released.

RAR

Looking at the clip, looks like another box ticker.

Summary: DI Max Arnold's lifestyle on a battered houseboat in Chelsea's Cheyne Walk contrasts sharply with the affluent elite whose crimes he helps solve alongside partner D.C. Priya Shamsie.

Just watched and enjoyed it.

Didn't view it as a box ticker in any way, it fairly reflected the population of modern day London IMHO.

The only error being everyone living in nice houses/boats/apartments.

(None of which I could afford)

Allan Mustafa features  in a great new comedy from the team that brought us People Just Do Nothing called The Curse about a London gold heist gone wrong.
Mustafa plays a broke cafe owner, His partner from PJDN Chegwin plays a, dim-witted,  wanna be  gangster and Steve  The stoner Stamp from PJDN  a plays a happless security guard.
Just seeing the PJDN team back again is enough to bring a smile to my face. PJDN was a comedy series about a bunch of council house wasterells, would be grime artists and gangstas. It's filmed in a mockumentary style and is an excellent comedy series about a bunch of hopless guys led by MC Grindah with no self awareness and their pirate radio station Korrupt FM.
Their new comedy drama The Curse is normal drama comedy format  and brings talent from other shows include Murder in Successfulville

I really enjoyed People Just Do Nothing and watched it twice. If 'The Curse' is half as good it will be great.

3 minutes ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Allan Mustafa features  in a great new comedy from the team that brought us People Just Do Nothing called The Curse about a London gold heist gone wrong.
Mustafa plays a broke cafe owner, His partner from PJDN Chegwin plays a, dim-witted,  wanna be  gangster and Steve  The stoner Stamp from PJDN  a plays a happless security guard.
Just seeing the PJDN team back again is enough to bring a smile to my face. PJDN was a comedy series about a bunch of council house wasterells, would be grime artists and gangstas. It's filmed in a mockumentary style and is an excellent comedy series about a bunch of hopless guys led by MC Grindah with no self awareness and their pirate radio station Korrupt FM.
Their new comedy drama The Curse is normal drama comedy format  and brings talent from other shows include Murder in Successfulville

I really enjoyed People Just Do Nothing and watched it twice. If 'The Curse' is half as good it will be great.

If I could find the complete episodes with subs I'd give it a try, but without subs I might as well be watching it in Mandarin.

• Like 1