What Movies or TV shows are you watching (2022)

CharlieH

On 4/23/2022 at 12:49 PM, ivor bigun said:

ive already seen ,why didnt they ask evans and quite enjoyed it ,

Yer--I just watched it---its an OK watch--think I might have seen it in the 80s, I dont usually get into Agatha Christie stuff-although I enjoyed read her Bio many years ago.

One bitter and twisted lady.

I just watched E1 of the new Showtime series "The Man Who Fell to Earth".

Chiwetel Ejiofor gave a very good performance in the lead and Naomie was better than average for her supporting role.  I enjoyed the plot also.  I'll almost certainly follow the whole season.  E2 comes out Sunday.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, gargamon said:

Not finished yet. Sixth and final season already announced.

Yer gargamon I meant the season had finished----- now we have one of those Loooooong waits for the final.

But really good series .....

10 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

I think I'll wait until all six eps are released, then more or less binge it.

You obviously dont have friends like mine--who can't shut telling you --who done it, or "did you see when he said....."............????

On 4/9/2022 at 10:52 PM, xylophone said:

Slow movie with a lot of talking and a bit of action, but intriguing all the same, and Mark Rylance is always worth watching IMO.

Thought he was great in "The Trial of the Chicago 7."  Never noticed him before.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, bendejo said:

Thought he was great in "The Trial of the Chicago 7."  Never noticed him before.

He was particularly good in the movie called, "The Bridge of Spies" which also starred Tom Hanks, and he played a good role in, "Dunkirk", and he is also a Shakespearean actor, and if you've never seen the TV series, "Wolf Hall", then you are in for a treat.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

Regarding the final season of Better Call Saul, note that the thirteen episodes have been broken into to two groups, a bit like Breaking Bads' finals season.

Quite common these days.

I think that's a bit annoying but the seemingly ever increasing number of gap weeks in 'regular' type seasons is even more annoying for me. The latest example being when I looked for S09E19 of Chicago P.D. yesterday only to find it's not airing until the 19th of next month, four weeks since episode 18 and 34 weeks since the season opener on the 22nd of September last year. That's fifteen weeks where they've skipped episodes.

Not sure if it's been mentioned on here but I stumbled upon a French cop show called "Cherif [Shariff]". There are six seasons / 48 episodes. I've watched the first couple of episodes and quite enjoyed them.

"An unconventional and passionate police officer from Lyon, Cherif uses his own methods to solve crimes. He is paired up with a new partner, Adeline, who loves to stick to the rule book."

IMDb 7.1

• Like 1

Piers Morgan Uncensored---2 episodes  25-26-/4......Talk/TV.......ChaosUK

There are other people in it--Ricky Gervis I think-- but of course what made the headlines was the shouting match with his Good Friend   Pres Trump ---Shouting matches--there- always entertaining

*** Guys its just about the program, dont lets get into a political debate, or the Mods will wipe everything out--including my post

Donald Trump has stormed out of an interview with Piers Morgan as they
argued over the 'stolen' US election.
The former US President lost his temper when Piers blamed Trump's
refusal to admit defeat in the 2020 vote for last year's  riots
at the Capitol.
Trump and Piers have been friends for 15 years - but he was enraged by
a series of critical comments the TV star has made about his conduct in office.

Edited by sanuk711

For some reason, I missed this three season series back when it came out in the late 80s. It's not too bad. I'm surprised at some of the themes in it. Three seasons are on tpb. Tour of Duty

Writing this just reminded me of this one again...The Boys in Company C

• Thanks 1

Grace---- ITV Starts 1st April.......

First season was good --well acted, UK crime thriller--still around of you haven't seen it. Unusual Detective who sometimes seeks the help of a clairvoyant  

Trailer is from the 1st series--don't have one out for new one.

• Like 1

just downloaded a series called Ladyboys ,its from 2010 and about guys who have ladyboy girlfriends here in Thailand ,,the wife cannot understand if they want to be girls why do none of them want their penises cut off.

its entertaining

15 hours ago, petermik said:

My son back in the UK has urged me to DL this and watch it.....

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt14183410/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0

So, some of you you know i'm a little bit of an American Anglophile. I blame the BBC World Service on shortwave for seducing a nerdy Hispanic teenager holed up in his bedroom in the 1970's.

The result is a run a parallel UK network in my house so my Roku can access BBC iPlayer, ITVHub etc.

But I digress.

I ended up by accident watching 'The Thief, His Wide and the Canoe-The real Story' by accident on ITV Hub.

You couldn't make this stuff up.

I'm now worried that when I watch the fictionalized version it won't live up to the reality!

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt19733442/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0

• Like 1

8 hours ago, GinBoy2 said:

So, some of you you know i'm a little bit of an American Anglophile. I blame the BBC World Service on shortwave for seducing a nerdy Hispanic teenager holed up in his bedroom in the 1970's.

The result is a run a parallel UK network in my house so my Roku can access BBC iPlayer, ITVHub etc.

But I digress.

I ended up by accident watching 'The Thief, His Wide and the Canoe-The real Story' by accident on ITV Hub.

You couldn't make this stuff up.

I'm now worried that when I watch the fictionalized version it won't live up to the reality!

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt19733442/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0

After watching the real life doco I couldn't be bothered to watch 3 episodes of the fictionalised account.

Edited by giddyup

23 hours ago, sanuk711 said:

Grace---- ITV Starts 1st April.......

First season was good --well acted, UK crime thriller--still around of you haven't seen it. Unusual Detective who sometimes seeks the help of a clairvoyant  

Trailer is from the 1st series--don't have one out for new one.

1st May not April, 1st season was good

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1