What Movies or TV shows are you watching (2022)

CharlieH

1 hour ago, connda said:

I preferred Reservoir Dogs. ????

4ctv9pxKpwjTFevWQbvaqXkXbPF-2320791582.thumb.jpeg.0c1cdac75cf97952f69e16d80d778bf0.jpeg

I agree a great movie but Reservation Dogs is new to me.

Funny Reservation Dogs gets an 8.0 on IMDB but Reservoir Dogs only beats it by .3 with an IMDB rating of 8.3.

If anyone has not seen Reservoir Dogs watching it would be a much better use of your time. Honestly not sure many on here will enjoy Reservation Dogs but I have found it entertaining young warrior.

I watched the new movie by Sylvester Stallone, called, "Samaritan" and he was the main star in it, but to me it seemed like another ageing movie star trying to make a few bucks with what I considered a poor film.

And I finally got round to watching a movie upon which a couple of others have commented, "Thirteen Lives" and thought it was a very good movie, this despite me having followed the original events quite closely.    

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, xylophone said:

I watched the new movie by Sylvester Stallone, called, "Samaritan" and he was the main star in it, but to me it seemed like another ageing movie star trying to make a few bucks with what I considered a poor film.

And I finally got round to watching a movie upon which a couple of others have commented, "Thirteen Lives" and thought it was a very good movie, this despite me having followed the original events quite closely.    

'this despite me having followed the original events quite closely.  '

I don't  understand. 

17 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Bruce Willis has one out also--Wire Room"  they (IMDB) give it a 3...and most posters think that is to generous --- he seems intent on ruining whatever legacy he had as an actor---as long as there is a few more 000 in the Bank account.

----------------

I watched that "have I got news for you" its very funny  (Especially if your a Brit)..its supposed to be a tribute to Boris leaving this week--but it turns into a complete roasting.  Some stuff I didn't know about , awarding Garter-hood (a female knighthood) to women he slept with, I knew about awarding citizenship then a Lordship to the son of a high ranking KGB officer after 1 million donation --but not heard about him trying to have a journo beaten up . He leaves this week and is allowed to submit a list of people for awards (knighthoods/Lordships etc ) so expect the list (of donors )  to be long. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, KannikaP said:

Started ELVIS this morning but it got a bit tedious after 90 minutes, with another hour to go, so I gave up. 

Full of lies, he was never dragged off the stage by cops, never told by Parker to tone down the wiggles and was not mates with BB King. Got as far as him and Pricilla, of course it did not mention her age!

5 minutes ago, proton said:

Full of lies, he was never dragged off the stage by cops, never told by Parker to tone down the wiggles and was not mates with BB King. Got as far as him and Pricilla, of course it did not mention her age!

Don't think carnal knowledge applied to celebrities in the 60's, Jerry Lee Lewis' girlfriend was 13.

Edited by giddyup

3 hours ago, KannikaP said:

Started ELVIS this morning but it got a bit tedious after 90 minutes, with another hour to go, so I gave up. 

I'm an Elvis fan and with Tom Hanks in the lead role it should have been good. Very disappointing????

Tom Hanks make up was pretty good though. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, proton said:

And in the club where the black woman was singing, the guitarist had a 70s Stratocaster. (big headstock).

16 minutes ago, bubblegum said:

So you missed the good part. His demise.

I was playing in a club in Freiburg, Germany where the owner was a BIG Elvis fan and had a half-hour of his songs every night. We got three nights off, paid in full. 

13 Lives......watched half of it a few days ago.

It's definitely better than most movies out there (not saying too much), but you can tell the "movie" aspects.    It seemed like all of Thailand was at the cave in like 5-minutes.  When someone speaks really good English, you notice it.   Nevertheless, I haven't watched the documentary in awhile and Thai kids really are great.   I've been around almost 10,000 Thai students, and never had one problem with any of them.   Imagine being a parent.   

I'm a very harsh critic.  I'd rate this movie 7 out of 10.  6/10 means it's worth my time.  9 means it's super epic, and 10 can only go to one movie.   lol.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, KannikaP said:

She was his cousin, and wife!

Well whats new--- another artist from the 50s Jerry Lee Lewis, after his wife (and cousin)  13 years old being refused a visa to UK --- talking to the American Radio he said.."What is a matter with those Limeys we have been together for years.......:omfg:

Amazing isn't it--and now a Ponce Prince pays 12 million quid and a socialite gets locked up for 18 years for going with girls in America, who are nearly 2 years over the age of consent in the UK / Europe/Australia most of the world

image.png.5a35e9495d3f56b73c62d06a5741b6c9.png

Edited by sanuk711
  • Like 2

Colosseum (2022)

I don't normally like docs made by the History Channel but this one's ok. Each episode covers a particular aspect of the Colosseum; Gladiators, The Builders, Beast Fighters etc.

No recaps or reviews, and no irritating narration etc.

On fmovies.

7 episodes with 1 more to air (?).

Edited by bobandyson
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

North Sea Connection-----Crime/Thriller 6 episodes  RTÉ One, September 4, 2022 ------ChaosTV

The Kennys start out as relatively 'clean’, involved in low key illicit smuggling activity: counterfeit cigarettes and booze. This small black-market level of criminality is not uncommon in these outlying communities, the extra income from which can keep their livelihoods afloat.

Edited by sanuk711
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/30/2022 at 7:09 PM, recom273 said:

A new series of The Capture aired last night on BBC

The first series was interesting, I cant remember so much about it, from 2019 - about deep fakes, some squaddie was accused of a murder he didnt commit .. ring any bells?

I'm watching season 1 now. Great show.  Holliday Grainer is particularly good. The only place I could find it was Pirate Bay.