Omicron set to delay reopening of bars and pubs

webfact

9 hours ago, NicholasTH said:

Been like that since the Thaksin Shinawatra days.. Bars have never been the same again .. 

Very true, bars used to be fun and good times were had,  now I wouldn't step foot inside of  one, just walking past and looking in every one inside looks  pretty miserable.pretty depressing. 

13 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Very silly comment based on zero real knowledge. Restaurants  needs a restaurant  license and complete  kitchen, menu and food. Bars without the above might try and open but get closed down soon with big fines for managers and owners under threat of 5 year license  loss and prison here in Pattaya..

I expect the sales of small gas bottles, a rubber tube,  a single burner and a wok and chopping board did well. Possibly sold as a 'kit' coming complete with a restaurant licence? (Tongue in cheek.) I have no connections to City Hall but wonder how many places obtained licenses recently..... the previous lockdown, I recall the gossip was most many places actually had both licences already. Wonder if they have fire extinguishers......

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Paiman said:

Just for the records, I totally disagree with that statement.

He is a dangerous Pharma whore.

I assume you are referring to both Fauci and Anutin? Both are fear mongering  creeps without an independent bone in their bodies. 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Only the ones I know, or heard talking.  The anti vax mob are vociferously  loud and self  righteous in their views. I certainly  did not see foreign bar owners setting an example in getting vaccinated or helping their staff get vaccinated. Did you?

That's odd because a hotel owner told me he had to be vaccinated to carry on working.

2 hours ago, rabang said:

Not at any cost. Covid obsessed people are often quite simple minded and can not see the big picture. We accept loss of life for other reasons as well so why should covid be any different? Would you accept preventing one loss of life, especially of someone very old and frail, if it cost one tenth of the annual state budget?

A great pitch for defense counsel of a murderer.

”Your honor, people die all the time. No reason to hold my client in jail.”

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

13 hours ago, cardinalblue said:

I find this statement quite foolish…so you have a break through infection and now all vaccines are not effective against this strain - based on your sample size of two?

I really don’t know of any family or close friends who are not vaccinated and none of them have had Covid…

one close golf buddy it got along with his 2 daughters in the US over a year ago and that’s all I personally know…

it’s a very low probability if one is fully vaccinated, healthy, not possess compromised illnesses/immune system  or other poor health factors like age obesity or known/unknown high risk exposures…

Some people are just unlucky - whether catching AIDS, perish in an air crash, killed by a drunk driver or reeling in Covid…

irrational or disinformation to say I got Covid therefore vaccines aren’t all that effective….the data says otherwise….

My brother and sister contracted Covid Omicron after boosters. If you knew how to read I never said Vaccines were ineffective. Vaccines safe life's. You are the foolish one if you really think being Vaccinated will stop you from getting the Omicron strain. Tell that to the millions of vaccinated people around the world. Actually dont tell anyone anything until you have someone read a post for you and explain what it means   

11 hours ago, HashBrownHarry said:

The congrats were for you knowing a bar owner, you seemed to be very excited about that fact......like many are for some reason.

Well you seem very pleased that i am excited, LOL

23 hours ago, stigar said:

In china another town lockdown today.Yuzhou city lockdown after just 3 new cases.China take this seriously because their concerned about spreading the virus.

"China take this seriously because their concerned about spreading the virus." Of course they are, there is no proof that the Chinese started the virus, of course they are concerned about spreading it. How easy would it be for some other country to have representatives sneak into Wuhan and do all the messing about which started the virus?

• Confused 2
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

I assume you are referring to both Fauci and Anutin? Both are fear mongering  creeps without an independent bone in their bodies. 

Influential members of their respective clubs. As that's the way we like it. 

19 hours ago, NicholasTH said:

There is no enjoyment in this whatsoever.

holidays are about having fun this isn’t fun whatsoever..

especially Thailand track record on an International level.. 

even I was looking at Phuket and you was looking at spending roughly 4,500.00 British Pounds = 202,394.45 Thai Baht

Now imagine how many people are doing this now .. 

I've actually got 1 mate who has braved the system and gone to Pattaya for 3 months. He got in while "Test and Go" was still active and is sending me regular reports on WhatsApp.

From what he's telling me, apart from the fact that I could no longer use T & G and certainly am not prepared to quarantine for 7 days or more, it's just not worth it! All the places I used to enjoy are closed, endless restrictions about which we all know etc etc. Now, you have to have a test to go and eat in a restaurant!

Meanwhile here in England, life is getting back to normality.

So yes, 2023...maybe.

Edited by VBF

7 hours ago, HashBrownHarry said:

The exact opposite sunshine, i find people like you that play the 'i know the owner' card nothing short of pathetic.

Don't worry tho, there's lots more like you.

It amuses me.

And old saddos like you who post utter rubbish on line as they have nothing better to do, don't really amuse or saddens me, 

I know the owner card lol, love to meet people like you little men basically are one of those people who can not connect socially in real life  pity theirs a lot like you......Sunshine lol <deleted>

51 minutes ago, Jiggo said:

And old saddos like you who post utter rubbish on line as they have nothing better to do, don't really amuse or saddens me, 

I know the owner card lol, love to meet people like you little men basically are one of those people who can not connect socially in real life  pity theirs a lot like you......Sunshine lol <deleted>

Toys well out the pram - lol.

I have so much coz i'm currently in quarantine if you must know.

Also i'm probably one of the younger crowd on here so wrong again.

Good try tho!

13 minutes ago, HashBrownHarry said:

Toys well out the pram - lol.

I have so much coz i'm currently in quarantine if you must know.

Also i'm probably one of the younger crowd on here so wrong again.

Good try tho!

Best place for you lol....enjoy

A friend who is a doctor in a private hospital in the Sukhumvit area of Bangkok said that yesterday they did 300 PCR tests of which 100 were positive. They send them to an outside lab for genomic sequencing and it takes a while to get results but they assume most of them are omicron.  The high positivity tells that omicron is already spreading rapidly in Bkk and may be the dominant strain already.  Expect cases to go higher than the previously peak, as is happening elsewhere. So probably 50K+ for Thailand.  

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

Are the 5 million dead part of the scam? 

5 million have died fromOmicron ??

or 5 million have died WITH covid ?

how many have died in Thailand from Omicron ??

Nobody has died so far in Nakhon Phanom from Omicron, but they keep shoving them into hospital rooms instead of letting them self isolate

My lady is moving from the hospital to home, joining me in isolation, because they say they have need for more rooms, which they are now putting extra patients in what was a single room

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/4/2022 at 4:25 PM, Cherrytreeview said:

Omicron peaks very quickly and subsides quickly.

South Africa and globally.

It has sweep through Pattaya already even though the Thai authorities are cooking the testing books.

This will happen everywhere, they can't slow it down now in about a month it will be all over for delta in los and the curve of Omicron will be flattening, that's how it is trending in SA and the UK and Australia is going that way now, good news we'll have to wait for another few weeks to get more data, my money is on that this will be the end of the pandemic and people will gain natural herd immunity, let's hope so 

• Like 2

On 1/4/2022 at 10:34 PM, Bkk Brian said:

The Bogdanoff twins believed the lies and ended up dead..............

France's Bogdanoff TV twins die of Covid six days apart

Grichka and Igor Bogdanoff became France's most famous twins, hosting a TV science and science-fiction show in the 1980s on a spaceship set.

They died of coronavirus within days of each other in hospital, Grichka on 28 December and his brother on Monday.

Aged 72, the brothers had not been vaccinated against Covid-19.

Their friends said they were convinced their healthy lifestyle would protect them and they were admitted to hospital in mid-December.

eMoNdEEK.jpg.601656efa3fdedab7b5cefb520cf4972.jpg

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-59867046

Their friends said they were convinced their healthy lifestyle would protect them and they were admitted to hospital in mid-December.

So Covid doesn't discriminate between ordinary folk and a couple of surgically altered weirdos!

Beware!